or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 1088

post #16306 of 25811
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post

pigtail mercer xxl for anyone curious about fit

IMG_0100_zpswx5qegum.jpg

what size were you hoping for?  i remember you saying you just grabbed anything.  xxl looks good.

post #16307 of 25811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbidwal View Post

Doesn't look too bad but the thighs look tight compared to below the knee. You may be able to size up one but they will loosen up a bit on their own
Not even sure what to size up to. 33 is the same measurements minus the waist and foot opening.
post #16308 of 25811
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm4819 View Post

Not even sure what to size up to. 33 is the same measurements minus the waist and foot opening.

You might be the type to size by thigh. Go with the ine that best fits for your thighs and maybe wear a belt or alter them.
post #16309 of 25811
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursman View Post

what size were you hoping for?  i remember you saying you just grabbed anything.  xxl looks good.

xl but glad i went xxl needed it for arms and shoulders
post #16310 of 25811
Anyone know if the pigtail is going to restock? Looking for a grey
post #16311 of 25811
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandH23 View Post

Can anyone speak on the quality of the riders jacket?

long time lurker, first time poster.

 

i have a lot of JE stuff - multiple tees, flash dual zip. bought the riders jacket in the fall and have been wearing it as often as i can - i got the mesh lining as opposed to the flannel as i wanted to be able to wear it on warmer days (and i can always layer a little if it's cold).

 

it is a little stiff initially like most leather jackets but breaks in really nicely. the hardware is top notch too.

 

like someone else said - SLP biker will always be the grail but not many (including myself) have the scratch to drop $5K on a jacket. for the money i don't think you can find a better leather jacket. i get a lot of compliments on it.

post #16312 of 25811

While I get the SLP comparison, and it probably fills the same niche, I've always liked the design of JE's better. It's got smaller lapels, smaller hardware, and the shoulder gussets that are visible front-to-back totally change the silhouette. It looks tougher and leaner at the same time...it's probably not as bold, but I don't think that's a negative. And since it's cow not lamb, it won't be as smooth off the rack, but should wear better over time. I think might be my favorite rider on the market, hard stop. I just wish I could even spare $1.6k on a jacket, let alone $5k.

 

I seriously love the shoulders. Definitely my favorite detail.


Edited by Callusing - 2/25/16 at 9:44pm
post #16313 of 25811
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantheist View Post

yeah they are petty as hell. I was blocked for asking if something is made in china, yet the sf acct came on here saying they stand behind their products made in china. if thats the case why the sensitivity to a simple question?

Exactly my thoughts. The person i spoke to in customer service when i had a problem with my kake forming holes after a couple wears made it sound like an anomaly. Why would they delete comments asking about quality if they didnt actually know things will break and arent just trying to make money off of shoddy product?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoewizz View Post

Please dont ever work in customer service. You are 100% wrong on all of this. If a brand is so petty that they delete comments that are critical yet fair, its usually an indicator of other bad behavior. Instagram has comments for a reason, and its not so fans can just dote on the brand.

The customer service team has full control over what to do. If all they offer is a discount on a NEW purchase when you complain about a problem with an item, its because that is the policy they have set. A high end brand should be doing more for their customers.

Im glad that turnip shared those comments here, where JE cant delete them. I have had the same issue with two JE items that had only been worn a few times, and were treated very well (only handwashed, handled delicately).

Exactly what i was thinking about customer service. If they present themselves as a high end aspirational clothing company, you would think they would carry that into how they opperate their customer service. A company shouldnt censor customers questions about their garments just because it's not a glowing review. They really seem to have no problem with questions being asked as long as it shows them in a positive light. Those comments aren't deleted
Quote:
Originally Posted by datriz View Post

Owning 3 bars myself, I'll delete the shit comments so quick. It's like running to Yelp and bitching and moaning without actually letting your server/bartender know about issues. Contact JE through email, directly. Problem solved 99 percent of them time.

JE is great with customer service when you actually contact them properly. They have every right to delete that shit.

First off, i let customer service know about the problem first, weeks before commenting on the instagram post yesterday. All they ended up giving me was a 15% off coupon with no real reassurement that that they would be addressing the problem in future products.
Second, just because you participate in the same shenanigans with your own business doesnt make it right. Honestly i feel bad for your patrons if thats really how they get treated.
Finally, do you really think it's okay to continue selling a product you know has significant issues? And on top of that try to control how word spreads? Seems like unsound bussiness practices to me, and not even totally to the companies benefit seeing as keeping old customers is less expensive than getting new ones.
post #16314 of 25811
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnip View Post

Exactly my thoughts. The person i spoke to in customer service when i had a problem with my kake forming holes after a couple wears made it sound like an anomaly. Why would they delete comments asking about quality if they didnt actually know things will break and arent just trying to make money off of shoddy product?
Exactly what i was thinking about customer service. If they present themselves as a high end aspirational clothing company, you would think they would carry that into how they opperate their customer service. A company shouldnt censor customers questions about their garments just because it's not a glowing review. They really seem to have no problem with questions being asked as long as it shows them in a positive light. Those comments aren't deleted
First off, i let customer service know about the problem first, weeks before commenting on the instagram post yesterday. All they ended up giving me was a 15% off coupon with no real reassurement that that they would be addressing the problem in future products.
Second, just because you participate in the same shenanigans with your own business doesnt make it right. Honestly i feel bad for your patrons if thats really how they get treated.
Finally, do you really think it's okay to continue selling a product you know has significant issues? And on top of that try to control how word spreads? Seems like unsound bussiness practices to me, and not even totally to the companies benefit seeing as keeping old customers is less expensive than getting new ones.

Everyone on this forum knows that we stand behind our product 100%. We have a small team and work very hard to make great clothing. There are not any "significant issues" with any of our products. At the end of the day it is clothing, that we ensure meets the highest quality standards, but will wear over time.

Instagram is an ad platform first and foremost, and the same people running the Instagram are designing clothes and don't have the time to mine through it and respond to every comment. If you are using that platform to write negative comments about our products, they may get deleted. We have the right to moderate our account. I think it is pretty obvious you are putting our company on blast when you write negative comments on Instagram.

We have a customer service email that will take care of you. We also respond to direct messages and comments on here, which is an open forum, and we can't and wouldn't delete anything from. If you feel you weren't taken care of by our CS team, please email them directly again.

As I said before, we always stand behind our product to the most reasonable extent, and I think many people on here can attest to that.
post #16315 of 25811
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elliott View Post

Everyone on this forum knows that we stand behind our product 100%. We have a small team and work very hard to make great clothing. There are not any "significant issues" with any of our products. At the end of the day it is clothing, that we ensure meets the highest quality standards, but will wear over time.

Instagram is an ad platform first and foremost, and the same people running the Instagram are designing clothes and don't have the time to mine through it and respond to every comment. If you are using that platform to write negative comments about our products, they may get deleted. We have the right to moderate our account. I think it is pretty obvious you are putting our company on blast when you write negative comments on Instagram.

We have a customer service email that will take care of you. We also respond to direct messages and comments on here, which is an open forum, and we can't and wouldn't delete anything from. If you feel you weren't taken care of by our CS team, please email them directly again.

As I said before, we always stand behind our product to the most reasonable extent, and I think many people on here can attest to that.

Obviously not everyone here thinks you truly do stand behind your products. Im not the only one to express concern. I would call a $200 sweatshirt forming holes by wear #3 a significant issue, and i dont appreciate you trying to tell me what, as a consumer, constitutes a significant issue. especially since it is a problem that has happened to a number of us. If deleting any comments that dont attest to your clothings good quality is really how you handle business, that is very shady. Companies arent people, and using the tools intagram put forth to ensure individuals safety to censor the truth, or even just honest questions, as a company isnt okay. Consumers are supposed to be able to pose concerns about quality, and its your job to answer them or not, but you dont get to delete negative oppinions. Youre not being harrassed, youre a brand being asked a reasonable question. Also, ive seen positive sounding comments replied to on the regular, so dont tell me there's no interaction going on there. Lastly, this is the first time in years ive thought to use this website. Im assuming you know this forum is far less frequented by your potential customers than your instagram page. So yes, at the end of the day it's clothing, and its clothing you charge more than average for. If you want people to be fine with your garments falling apart, charge less. Otherwise, better quality and customer service is expected. If you dont want to be "put on blast" (a bit of an overstatement imo) for your garments forming holes easily, make better garments. Thats how business works.
post #16316 of 25811
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elliott View Post

Everyone on this forum knows that we stand behind our product 100%. We have a small team and work very hard to make great clothing. There are not any "significant issues" with any of our products. At the end of the day it is clothing, that we ensure meets the highest quality standards, but will wear over time.

Instagram is an ad platform first and foremost, and the same people running the Instagram are designing clothes and don't have the time to mine through it and respond to every comment. If you are using that platform to write negative comments about our products, they may get deleted. We have the right to moderate our account. I think it is pretty obvious you are putting our company on blast when you write negative comments on Instagram.

We have a customer service email that will take care of you. We also respond to direct messages and comments on here, which is an open forum, and we can't and wouldn't delete anything from. If you feel you weren't taken care of by our CS team, please email them directly again.

As I said before, we always stand behind our product to the most reasonable extent, and I think many people on here can attest to that.

And as i said, the only reason i remembered to come here is because of how this was handled. It isnt a site i frequent, same with the majority of your customers
post #16317 of 25811
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnip View Post

wall of text

 

You're missing the point here. Instagram is a form of advertisement for JE, not a public forum for customers to discuss product quality. If you wish to get the problem resolved, contact customer service. If you wish to talk with other JE customers, use StyleForum. Attempting to publicly blast a company that has already addressed your issue on their own page isn't going to get you anywhere. It's their page, they may allow or disallow whatever they want.

 

Assuming all Kake Mocks (and in turn, all JE products) are defective because your product happened to be faulty is incorrect. My Kake Mock is holding up fine after what must be 50 wears now, and I have never had an issue with any of JE's terry products. You got a bad apple in the batch, and JE's customer service is known for taking care of those bad apples. If you're upset with the way you were treated, feel free to discuss that here, but don't attempt to smear the company on their own form of advertisement.

post #16318 of 25811
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFan712 View Post
 

 

You're missing the point here. Instagram is a form of advertisement for JE, not a public forum for customers to discuss product quality. If you wish to get the problem resolved, contact customer service. If you wish to talk with other JE customers, use StyleForum. Attempting to publicly blast a company that has already addressed your issue on their own page isn't going to get you anywhere. It's their page, they may allow or disallow whatever they want.

 

Assuming all Kake Mocks (and in turn, all JE products) are defective because your product happened to be faulty is incorrect. My Kake Mock is holding up fine after what must be 50 wears now, and I have never had an issue with any of JE's terry products. You got a bad apple in the batch, and JE's customer service is known for taking care of those bad apples. If you're upset with the way you were treated, feel free to discuss that here, but don't attempt to smear the company on their own form of advertisement.

 

Well said.

post #16319 of 25811
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFan712 View Post

You're missing the point here. Instagram is a form of advertisement for JE, not a public forum for customers to discuss product quality. If you wish to get the problem resolved, contact customer service. If you wish to talk with other JE customers, use StyleForum. Attempting to publicly blast a company that has already addressed your issue on their own page isn't going to get you anywhere. It's their page, they may allow or disallow whatever they want.

Assuming all Kake Mocks (and in turn, all JE products) are defective because your product happened to be faulty is incorrect. My Kake Mock is holding up fine after what must be 50 wears now, and I have never had an issue with any of JE's terry products. You got a bad apple in the batch, and JE's customer service is known for taking care of those bad apples. If you're upset with the way you were treated, feel free to discuss that here, but don't attempt to smear the company on their own form of advertisement.

I think youre missing my point. Im aware that companies can use instagram for advertising, but the comments section exists for people to, y'know, comment. What JE chooses to do is allow comments attesting to the high quality of their products and delete the rest. Thats called censorship, not moderation.

I never said it was everyone having problems, never even implied it. I stated that there were multiple people having issues and wanted to know if those issues were going to be handled. JE couldve informed me that the claim wasnt true, but instead they chose to censor me.

Also, isntagram isnt an advertisment catalogue. Thats why it has an advertisement function. Brands like JE choose to advertise on it for free, which i have no problem with. The problem arises when they censor oppinions and questions they dont like.
post #16320 of 25811

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread