or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 1008

post #15106 of 25658
grabbed the scarab in 31 since i usually wear a 32 in acne/slp. i hope the legs are tight enough especially the thighs
post #15107 of 25658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbidwal View Post

Price is really good considering the update. Grabbed both blues. Tempting to get another but I'll wait for the 2 to come in first and see how they fit.
Me 2 smile.gif
post #15108 of 25658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeisonfire View Post
 

 

Look at how dope they made Scarab look here. 

 

They look cool and i like the paint splatter.  BUT they look pretty tight on the legs...worried about my calves.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertdinner2 View Post

grabbed the scarab in 31 since i usually wear a 32 in acne/slp. i hope the legs are tight enough especially the thighs

 

I'm a 32 in most jeans... you guys think I should go 31?

post #15109 of 25658

Interesting observations about the new denim released today:

1. The Coast denim is a 3x1 denim and the new denim is all 2x1, yet the coast is cheaper? I'm guessing the wash process is more intensive, but the coast looks comparable to the spring. Not sure how the pricing came about

2. the new denim fits tighter than the raw cast, likely due to the wash process

3. the raw cast 2/Coast 2 are all selvedge denim, which it states in the documentation as well as pictures. There is no mention if the new denim is selvedge, and no pictures to verify. If it's not selvedge, i'm not sure just the washing justifies the price point. 

post #15110 of 25658
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoorious View Post

kinda worried that the knee blow outs won't properly fit my knee area as I am not 6'2 , anyone know if its possible for tailors to maneuver it?

congrats this might be the dumbest fucking question ever asked on SF
post #15111 of 25658
Would love some feedback from dudes around the 5'8 mark who've got experience with cast 2 fit. I havent rocked stacks in years and that 34 inseam is breaking my decision at this point. The scarab looks dope, pic above is way to much stacking for my taste. Something about hemming 4 Hundred dollar jeans turns me off too. Might have to wait for a sale or something
Edited by suisunfleet - 2/1/16 at 1:12pm
post #15112 of 25658
So you'd rather have jeans that don't fit?

This thread continues to deliver. Anyone got some Yeezys for sale?
post #15113 of 25658

Hard to hem those $1500 suits too.

 

Guys - tailors are your friends!

post #15114 of 25658
Quote:
Originally Posted by suisunfleet View Post

Would love some feedback from dudes around the 5'8 mark who've got experience with cast 2 fit. I havent rocked stacks in years and that 34 inseam is breaking my decision at this point. The scarab looks dope, pic above is way to much stacking for my taste. Something about hemming 4 Hundred dollar jeans turns me off too. Might have to wait for a sale or something

You will be fine if you get them skinny.
post #15115 of 25658
Thinking of grabbing the size 30 scarab. They come in at a 31.5 waist measurement and I usually think about 32.5 inches actual is a good comfortable fit. Should I go 29? Waist might be too snug at 30 inches. Also those paint details at the cuff would make me hesitant to hem. I usually just roll cuffs and only hem in certain contexts. Probably able to stack well with these though
post #15116 of 25658
Quote:
Originally Posted by suisunfleet View Post

Thinking of grabbing the size 30 scarab. They come in at a 31.5 waist measurement and I usually think about 32.5 inches actual is a good comfortable fit. Should I go 29? Waist might be too snug at 30 inches. Also those paint details at the cuff would make me hesitant to hem. I usually just roll cuffs and only hem in certain contexts. Probably able to stack well with these though
I would say go with the size 30. Denim usually stretches 1-2 inches in the waist, 2.5 might be pushing it. Also take into consideration your thigh measurements, if you work out the 29 might be too tight in the thighs. I was looking at the new denim also and considering sizing up because of the thighs. I wear a 29 in cast 2, and the thighs are pretty tight as is. Not sure I'd even be able to put on the new denim in 29
post #15117 of 25658
When we getting cast coast with stretch ?
post #15118 of 25658
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsubrmnn View Post

I would say go with the size 30. Denim usually stretches 1-2 inches in the waist, 2.5 might be pushing it. Also take into consideration your thigh measurements.

That's a good point as well as keeping in mind the rise. 10.25 inch should allow me some room to breath. I've started working out more recently but I still got some glutes from skating back when

Not sure of my actual thigh measurement, I know 10 inch pant thigh is almost too snug on me so im thinking these should be golden. 30 it is then
Edited by suisunfleet - 2/1/16 at 4:50pm
post #15119 of 25658
Quote:
Originally Posted by suisunfleet View Post

That's a good point as well as keeping in mind the rise. 11 inch should allow me some room to breath. I've started working out more recently but I still got some glutes from skating back when

Not sure of my actual thigh measurement, I know 10 inch pant thigh is almost too snug on me so im thinking these should be golden. 30 it is then

JE has a really good return policy as well. Just remember when you fill out the online form, drag down to refund, the default is store credit. Prob dont want your money tangled up in store credit.
post #15120 of 25658

Based on the measurements, I sized true on these.  Went w/ the Spring.  Hoping that the stacking doesn't look absurd, but we'll see.  I refuse to tailor jeans with so much wash and pre-distressing.  It usually ruins the look, especially if you go with the original hem.

 

I'm pretty positive Spring is what's pictured in the gram below.  Don't forget how crazy the filtering and lighting JE uses can be.  The sage Kake looked like a completely different color on Union's website vs. JE's.

 

 

Also, I second the vouch for Fit 1s from rag & bone.  Awesome, awesome fit with a great taper.

 

The knee blowouts were perfect for me on these (http://www.rag-bone.com/sale/mens/fit-1-jean-M1224K520MAR.html#start=1), and I'm only 5'8".  Lots of stretch, but super slim so went TTS.  Hard to beat the price too. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread