Yea i forgot to mention i brightened the 1st pic with the iphoto filter bc the lighting in my house sucks. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Today at 11:26 am in Streetwear and Denim
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 994post #14897 of 299711/28/16 at 7:24pmQuote:
this confirms it for me. sizing down was the way to go on this hoody. I went the same size as my Villains and while I loved the piece itself, I hated how it looked on.post #14898 of 299711/28/16 at 8:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by druid420
The 'basics' like the henley, and the not-cropped cropped tee 2.0 - I don't understand the price increase. Is the new cropped tee better quality than the old one? I was going to cop the old cropped tee before it sold out and it was $37 cheaper than the new one, now I'm not so sure about it until I see some photos of the new one.
This cracked me up. I agree - it doesn't look so cropped and the model on the site doesn't even have anything layered underneath. I believe the previous version the model rocked a mercer tank under - which is how I wear mine.post #14899 of 299711/28/16 at 10:55pmpost #14900 of 299711/29/16 at 1:20am
The reason why the price is increasing is simple...supply and demand.
john elliot is uprising fast crashing into the fashion scene by the storm and those designers tend to raise their prices because of the word i stated above.
without a doubt, john elliot is one of the top tier brands now that goes for the most simplistic modern classic timeless style that the fact u see models are worn with common project shoes.
now if they went for the flashier route, you can bet the prices would be twice as much.post #14901 of 299711/29/16 at 1:22ampost #14902 of 299711/29/16 at 1:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Bertdinner2
yea its getting rough out here lol. i just copped the jade uneck today but i think im gonna have to stick to my meager 73$ orders unless another kake mock comes out bc these prices are getting steep. i dont blame them at all, its just pricing me out a bit when i dont see the value. like when i first got into JE i was excited bc it was like a high quality brand at what i thought were fair prices. and i could definitely tell the difference between their tees and an average tshirt. like, they didnt kill me on price like say a rick owens or slp. now when new pieces are coming out that are priced at or above existing pieces, but they seem like not as much detail goes into them its hard to convince myself its worth it. i dont want this to be taken as complaining but just my thoughts on it.
Yea bro - I second that. And I am not a big clothing brand guy. JE had me at simple, quality you can feel items. Now it's getting slightly steep without any unique details.
On another note, I went to Union LA to day and grabbed black hooded villain. I need a good "go to" black hoodie, and this looks and feels like it. I ordered the black Rue, but I don't love the side slits. I wish they were half the depth...but that's just me. Returning it and keeping the villain.
Also, I tried on the OS Hoodie in Olive in XXL (that's all they had). It was huge and I wish i knew if i were a L or an XL. I'm an XL in the Villain, so assuming a L? Anyways, i really liked the light cloth. Perfect for LA...but should have been $50 cheaper in my opinion. You just get a much more substantial hoodie for the same price from JE. Would make sense.
I also tried on the Flatback Thermal Shorts in black. I actually loved them. Not so much to pay $200 for lightweight shorts... but man, the L fit great and these are perfect weekenders. I would scoop up if they ever went on sale, but it's tough to stomach that much for light cotton shorts.
Overall, i'll keep my eye out for the shorts, and I may scoop up a L OS hoodie if I can;t get my hands on a Kake Mock...post #14903 of 299711/29/16 at 2:01amQuote:
Machine wash and hang dry on my regular JE terry and tees.
The more expensive pieces like jackets and loopwheel, dry clean
Never had any issues so farpost #14904 of 299711/29/16 at 2:04ampost #14905 of 299711/29/16 at 4:10amQuote:
Ok thanks, good to know but I meant the material itself, is it thick or thin? cuz I want to pair with a varsity jacket that fits me nicely so therefore i need a THIN type of hoodie, not like linen thin obviously but you know?post #14906 of 299711/29/16 at 4:17amQuote:
If you want thin, go with the recent released hoodies from SS16.
Saw many members saying how thin it was compare to terrys from past seasons so had passed up.post #14907 of 299711/29/16 at 5:32ampost #14908 of 299711/29/16 at 5:54am
speaking off Duel Flash anyone interested in a Black size 1 (small) from 2014
nothing wrong with it just that my shorty took it from me a while ago and wash it so it not a true black anymore more of a ashy washed black looking to buy a new one but want to sell it first PM if interested will let it go for $100
feel free to delete this messagepost #14909 of 299711/29/16 at 6:41ampost #14910 of 299711/29/16 at 8:42am
When considering the price of the OS, remember the living color wash process adds to the cost as well. The Washed Mercer Tee had a 35% price increase ($26) over the standard Mercer Tee, so taking that into account, a standard, unwashed OS would retail at $128 at the least, or $176 at the most.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 43 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Pre-wash Raw Denim at Home? 3 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...