Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Today at 3:42 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 977post #14641 of 320441/25/16 at 4:37pmpost #14642 of 320441/25/16 at 4:44pmpost #14643 of 320441/25/16 at 5:37pmpost #14644 of 320441/25/16 at 5:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mikeisonfire
I found it interesting that this was the longest piece from JE as I don't really consider this a layering piece, though apparently that's what JE intentions were with it looking at the description. I'm excited for my SS black henley to come in today though, looks great in the pic and it should work for me since I'm a few inches taller than you.
I didn't realize it was this long when I ordered it. Should have checked the measurements. I agree with it not being a layering piece. Not sure why it's so long. It's as long as some of the extended pieces JE has made.
As for the terry. I prefer the thicker terry too. I wish they make the oversized in the normal stuff too. I would get that over the thinner version any day. I'm glad the thinner stuff doesn't get all wrinkled up though. That would have been a deal breaker for me.post #14645 of 320441/25/16 at 5:50pmpost #14646 of 320441/25/16 at 6:10pmpost #14647 of 320441/25/16 at 6:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by GTFan712
Finally received my order from Delivery 1A.
Oversized Cropped Hoodie
Significantly lighter in weight than the standard terry (Villain, Kake Mock Pullover, etc.). Would've appreciated a heads up on this, as I expected it to be similar in material quality to the Kake Mock. Ribbing at wrists and waist is different than the standard JE terry ribbing, lighter and more textured, feels cheaper. Fit is great, although I would've liked it to be a bit more cropped to layer better with Classic Crews. Washed finish is excellent, both Washed Black and Washed Clay are executed well. Overall, please with the hoodie, looking forward to wearing this regularly throughout spring and summer.
Washed Mercer Tee
These are definitely going back. Washed finish is excellent on the tees, but the fit is way off. Slightly shorter in body length and sleeve length compared to the standard Mercer Tee, which ruins the layering when paired with the Oversized Cropped Hoodie or Villain, and makes the sleeves way too short for my preference. At $105, I'd much rather put that money towards additional standard tees, or an upcoming Kake Mock colorway.
Interesting that you think the washed mercer is shorter than the regular mercer. The dimensions on the website are longer for the washed than the standard. Mind sharing your dimensions? Maybe JE needs to update their size guidepost #14648 of 320441/25/16 at 6:44pmpost #14649 of 320441/25/16 at 7:35pmQuote:
I think most will feel this way if they were expecting terry like in all other models. I felt the same when I opened mine. Maybe a run in the normal terry is in the works. the Henley length also caught me by surprise, may fault though for not checking before. I'm going to wait for the patch jacket and knee blowouts now.post #14650 of 320441/25/16 at 8:07pmpost #14651 of 320441/25/16 at 8:13pmpost #14652 of 320441/25/16 at 8:20pmpost #14653 of 320441/25/16 at 9:51pmpost #14654 of 320441/25/16 at 10:11pmpost #14655 of 320441/25/16 at 10:28pmQuote:
You can't compare this terry to anything that's ever been on a villain. These are just slightly thicker than the cropped tee of last season. We get its ss but a hoodie still is a product used to keep warm to some degree. Generally it's not like a tshirt. It's basically like washing your villain 100 times and have it wear down.
I get why they used it, just not a big fan of it like many. At least it's still quality terry
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1588 Active Users (292 Members and 1296 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 15 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 20 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 22 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...