looking for the old escobar's without quilting in size small. if you know anywhere still in stock please lemme know !
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on 1/15/17 at 8:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
- SOLD | NWT-INCOTEX Jeans Blue Light Wash Slim Fit size 29 Last post on 2/22/16 at 8:15pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:58am in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 96post #1427 of 273952/23/14 at 7:46pmpost #1428 of 273952/23/14 at 9:07pmpost #1429 of 273952/24/14 at 5:40ampost #1430 of 273952/24/14 at 9:21amQuote:
If you don't find them, we are bringing back Escobars without quilting in March!post #1431 of 273952/24/14 at 9:26ampost #1432 of 273952/24/14 at 9:47ampost #1433 of 273952/24/14 at 9:51ampost #1434 of 273952/24/14 at 10:24am
For Spring Summer we wanted to open the neck a bit to layer with the Mercer Tank and Curve U-Neck. For Fall you can expect closer to a classic crew silhouette.post #1435 of 273952/24/14 at 11:05ampost #1436 of 273952/24/14 at 11:12ampost #1437 of 273952/24/14 at 11:53ampost #1438 of 273952/24/14 at 12:48pmpost #1439 of 273952/24/14 at 1:11pmpost #1440 of 273952/24/14 at 10:30pmJohn Elliot + Co Denim Review
- Wash: The Cast in Coated Drake
- Size: 33
I recently picked these denim up because they looked to be a nice gray wash, a staple for my wardrobe.
Due to the weather and ordering from NYC, it took a while to get shipped but today they finally arrived. The whole time during the wait I kept doubting the way I sized these as from other members it looked like people sized down or stayed TTS. I actually went up in tagged size albeit the provided measurements and ordered a size 33.
Trying them on these are definitely cut on a slimmer pattern for jeans, which is nice and I can appreciate but probably A) Cannot wear or B) Need to size up 1 moreQuote:Measurements:
- Waist across approx. 17.5"
- Front rise approx. 10.5"
- Thigh from crotch, approx. 10.75" from seam to seam, 11.5" across
- Hem (taper): 7.25"
- Inseam approx. 33"
(Measurements done with the denim lied flat, BiG style)
I am 5'9 and 150 - 155 lbs. These particular jeans are very slim in the seat area, and hug my thighs.
- At first I was a bit turned off by how light weight the denim is (or material of the trousers). Then it really started growing on me as I do prefer more of a light weight bottom than previous predecessors i.e. raw denim. The lighter fabric allows the denim to drape nicely and stack well at the hem. I didn't bother trying them on with shoes but I can imagine pretty well that the taper combined with the inseam length and fabric would allow for optimal stacking.
- The wash or treatment of the trouser is great. It feels like a dirty kitchen table without the stickiness, but has enough feel in the texture to remind you of sandpaper. Just a nice overall texture when you touch it. I would not say the color is gray as it looks online but more of a dirty mint color probably due to the underside weave, which is a nice green color. Imagine camo and parkas
- I was never really a fan of button fly closures but given the slimness and lower rise, the button fly is great complement to the overall silhouette i.e. though the seat is slim on me and hugs my thighs it does not oddly bunch up or pull
- I still think the fabric is a little light. I feel like I can tear it apart. It really is a spring-summer weight bottom FWIW. I cannot imagine someone sizing down on these and allowing the garment to stretch. I just feel like doing so would damage or even rip the fabric at the seams. Perhaps I am giving too little credit to JE + Co., so, I'll let them chime in on that i.e. how much stretch do their denim have.
I may consider sizing up. I actually ordered these pair as a measure to see how I should size in general since I am more interested in the wash seen online of the "Cast in Coast". Looks fantastic!
And if anyone knows for sure sizing up would help, please feel free to give me a PM. If anyone has a size 34 and can confirm some measurements that'd be awesome.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1762 Active Users (367 Members and 1395 Guests)
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Alden 986 Shell Cordovan #8 LHS Loafers - Size 11 Narrow 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...