or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 766

post #11476 of 25335

When is this tee releasing? Looks Plaster.

Need more Plaster, a Plaster Villain Crew would be clutch.
post #11477 of 25335




Best JE item to date. Hands down! This is a size M. Should I do a Small or stick with M?
post #11478 of 25335
Really depends on how YOU want it to fit.

If you like the way it looks/feels then roll with it
post #11479 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by srizvi722 View Post


[IMGALT=""]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1879747/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
[IMG ALT=""]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1879748/width/350/height/700[/IMG Stick with the medium, the length looks on point (sleeve and body length)
post #11480 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by srizvi722 View Post





Best JE item to date. Hands down! This is a size M. Should I do a Small or stick with M?

Size down. My small came in and the difference is day and night. My small fits just like the models. The length diff isn't much but it's much more slim in the body and sleeves. It doesn't have that weird hang and the sleeves are much more fitted. While I like the black better, the fit of the gray is much better. Going to return my black one.
post #11481 of 25335



Here is a pic for the difference. Makes a big difference once worn. This is definately a size down piece imo
post #11482 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by srizvi722 View Post





Best JE item to date. Hands down! This is a size M. Should I do a Small or stick with M?

 

I would size down. the sleeves are too long for your arms and it looks draped over you.

post #11483 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbidwal View Post








Surprisingly it doesn't look that bad with a tank under it. Here are some pics( don't have a full length mirror since I moved to my new house so this is the best I can do). I'm not sure if I want to exchange anymore as I really like the black and it incorporates into my wardrobe. I just don't want to look like a fridge though. My chest and shoulders are where most of my mass is from years of working out. Oversized items than have more space to hang compared to someone that's just slender all the way from the chest to the torso.


This looks pretty bad. I hope you sized down since the fit in this picture looks reminiscent of homer's mumu.

post #11484 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCLMS View Post


This looks pretty bad. I hope you sized down since the fit in this picture looks reminiscent of homer's mumu.


Got a small. Like the black better but fit is off. In those pics I only had a tank. Looked worse with a fitted tee but fit alright with a looser long sleeve. Still too big imo. The medium is like an xl. Also the medium didn't look half as bad as those pics. I tried to even the hang of the fabric by adjusting the collar but It didn't really work. When it wore the collar at normal adjustment, the extra fabric hung in the back while the chest was flat.
Edited by Jbidwal - 9/29/15 at 9:54pm
post #11485 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by srizvi722 View Post





Best JE item to date. Hands down! This is a size M. Should I do a Small or stick with M?


looks good but maybe can go one more size down. what size do you normally wear for hoodies or crews in JE?

post #11486 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbidwal View Post




Here is a pic for the difference. Makes a big difference once worn. This is definately a size down piece imo

This was really helpful. Thanks for posting. I'll order the S and compare. Quality of this piece is epic.
post #11487 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindeleon90 View Post


looks good but maybe can go one more size down. what size do you normally wear for hoodies or crews in JE?

I wear a M in everything JE, I'll try the S out. I don't wanna be lazy and regret down the road that I didn't give the S a shot
post #11488 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by srizvi722 View Post

I wear a M in everything JE, I'll try the S out. I don't wanna be lazy and regret down the road that I didn't give the S a shot

I'm like you. I wear a medium in everything. I can wear small tees easily too but I generally go for medium. The sweater in small fits a lot more like a natural small. The slimmer sleeves feel a lot nicer and fit better too.
post #11489 of 25335
If you are skinny, I really think it just comes down to personal preference on the sweater size

You may be going for a look that the next person isn't or one way fits your style better

Like I said, if you are skinny, it's really gonna be up to you at the end of the day, not us

As far as the bigger guy, I really just think the piece doesn't flow well with your up top build, and you should find an alternative or just let this one go. But just my opinion of course
post #11490 of 25335
Quote:
Originally Posted by leclutchjames View Post

If you are skinny, I really think it just comes down to personal preference on the sweater size

You may be going for a look that the next person isn't or one way fits your style better

Like I said, if you are skinny, it's really gonna be up to you at the end of the day, not us

As far as the bigger guy, I really just think the piece doesn't flow well with your up top build, and you should find an alternative or just let this one go. But just my opinion of course

Those are my thoughts as well. If you are skinny true to size may work but I still think the sleeves are baggy. It might not hang all weird sleeves still loose.

For me personally, I agree oversized generally doesn't work for me unless the piece is long. Cropped and a bigger upper body generally doesn't end up too good. I'm returning my medium. The sized down fits better but still has a slight hang. I can take care of that easily with a looser tee under or just a simple fix at the tailor. For me I can only do slightly oversized so it sits flat or have a longer piece. The medium sleeves however were baggy on me and I have bigger biceps than most skinny guys. The small sleeves fit perfect. Something to keep in mind. I'm not sweating it though. If the tailor doesn't think it will sit flat it's going back. Part of the reason I wear JE is because I have this issue lol. The longer tees are perfect for me as I can't really find many slim tees that are good fitting. They are either too short or they balloon like this sweater did
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread