or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 749

post #11221 of 25623
I think JE’s reaction to the Spring promotion is quite petty. A lot of us have been long supporters of the brand and to not allow us the freedom to enjoy 1 item of our choice, is quite foolish. They started removing popular items one by one, now the entire promotion for anything is invalid. I can see if everything was initially included and then it sold out, but that wasn’t the case. They cut the sale short due to an increase in orders and it’s not like it impacted their costs per item, as a lot of the new items are priced very high. I was planning on purchasing something before the 22nd, but obviously that wont happen. I initially thought the gesture was great, because it goes a long way to building a stronger rapport with the current following, but as of late the brand has shifted its priorities due to its increase in attention from prospective customers. Gone are the days of excellent customer service. No question in my mind they are delivering a great product, but the prices, levels of service and communication and brand tactics are confusing to me at times.


End rant
post #11222 of 25623
Wow, the whole promotion got cut? I was hoping to grab that Reverse Terry Stadium that was sitting for months, and maybe load up on Plaster Tees with today's 20% off deal. Welp.
post #11223 of 25623
Quote:
Originally Posted by leclutchjames View Post

I think JE’s reaction to the Spring promotion is quite petty. A lot of us have been long supporters of the brand and to not allow us the freedom to enjoy 1 item of our choice, is quite foolish. They started removing popular items one by one, now the entire promotion for anything is invalid. I can see if everything was initially included and then it sold out, but that wasn’t the case. They cut the sale short due to an increase in orders and it’s not like it impacted their costs per item, as a lot of the new items are priced very high. I was planning on purchasing something before the 22nd, but obviously that wont happen. I initially thought the gesture was great, because it goes a long way to building a stronger rapport with the current following, but as of late the brand has shifted its priorities due to its increase in attention from prospective customers. Gone are the days of excellent customer service. No question in my mind they are delivering a great product, but the prices, levels of service and communication and brand tactics are confusing to me at times.


End rant

Sucks the discount doesn't apply anymore. What role does the discount play in what JE gets paid? I'm not sure what exactly spring does if the vendor eats the discount.

On a side note, I returned my fishtail that I bought from spring and waiting on the refund on that. The refund comes directly from JE (based on what spring has told me)
post #11224 of 25623
The lady lives in the U.S. and literally just finished class and was gonna buy me the Fishtail Parka as a bday gift using the promotion since she knew I liked it. She was about to buy it this morning and I told her we could wait until after she was finished since the promotion ran through the 22nd.. What a disappointment, man. Loyal JE customer and I thought the 25% off one item was a great touch for us. Horrible timing for me.
post #11225 of 25623

guess we are going to have to wait for other stores to do sales. i am not holding my breath to the black friday sale, i highly doubt we will see 25 percent or already discount items like last year.

post #11226 of 25623
Even though the spring app doesn't apply to me, they were giving better discounts than JE's Black Friday sale. Correct me if I'm wrong, but last year was 20% off with a few select items discounted further.
post #11227 of 25623

Kind of lame how they did that. Makes both Spring & JE look bad. Was going to keep the app for future use after i placed my order but instead its getting deleted. 

post #11228 of 25623
Long time lurker but couldn't agree more with what leclutch said up there. I've taken notice to JE's changing ways and am genuinely happy for their success as a brand, but this just leaves an absolutely bad taste in my mouth.

This was a nice gesture for the customers and it's a shame JE didn't honor it until it was supposed to be honored till. Sucks because we barely get sales directly from JE. Not banking on their once-a-year-sale as it won't even be good as this promotion based on last year. I don't create new email addresses to use a new 10% code every time I order something from them like people do with retailers; it comes out of respect and loyalty to the brand but this, along with other recent things, has completely turned me off John Elliott. I truly respected the oneness with their customers but this is just weak on JE.
post #11229 of 25623

I don't blame JE. Spring has offered a massive discount on an almost bi-weekly basis now. They don't want customers consistently waiting on the next discount to purchase product. Plus, there's a page full of discussion on how to manipulate the discount to get more than one item.

post #11230 of 25623
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFan712 View Post

I don't blame JE. Spring has offered a massive discount on an almost bi-weekly basis now. They don't want customers consistently waiting on the next discount to purchase product. Plus, there's a page full of discussion on how to manipulate the discount to get more than one item.

Does anyone know if spring eats the discounted amount or does JE only get what you pay? I'm asking because on spring ca doesn't get taxed.
post #11231 of 25623
Glad I copped boucle sweats for 288 shipped
👌🏽
post #11232 of 25623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbidwal View Post


Does anyone know if spring eats the discounted amount or does JE only get what you pay? I'm asking because on spring ca doesn't get taxed.

interested in this as well
i usually get 2 notifications one from spring and one from JE, The JE notification notes the full price of the purchase so i always guessed spring was eating the discounted amount, but i have no idea for sure

post #11233 of 25623
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFan712 View Post

I don't blame JE. Spring has offered a massive discount on an almost bi-weekly basis now. They don't want customers consistently waiting on the next discount to purchase product. Plus, there's a page full of discussion on how to manipulate the discount to get more than one item.
I do. They knew it was another platform to sell their stuff. They knew what they signed up for. They wouldnt have agreed to put their clothes there if they were going to be "losing" money, nor would a store or however spring works secretly have sales without letting the brand know then or ahead of time at the point of the deal. They dont remove clothes from revolve, or atrium or any other few stores that occasionally have sales. Theres never sales. This was ONE item. One. Really dissapointed.
post #11234 of 25623
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFan712 View Post
 

I don't blame JE. Spring has offered a massive discount on an almost bi-weekly basis now. They don't want customers consistently waiting on the next discount to purchase product. Plus, there's a page full of discussion on how to manipulate the discount to get more than one item.

 

Man, stuff goes on sale all the time at retailers while they're still full-priced from JE direct. I'm sure Spring let JE know about sales and promotions before they linked up, and JE used to be great about honoring it. But for them to start pulling away from the promotions now that they're building? Sketchy. I agree with others saying that this was a bad move and leaves long-time customers in a rough position with the brand.

EDIT: However, I do agree with you on the manipulation of the Spring promo. C'mon guys.

post #11235 of 25623
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemelon View Post
 

interested in this as well
i usually get 2 notifications one from spring and one from JE, The JE notification notes the full price of the purchase so i always guessed spring was eating the discounted amount, but i have no idea for sure

 

It would also make sense for Spring to eat it if they are wanting to attract users to their platform. No one knows for sure, though. And the CA tax thing is weird - most likely gets billed on behalf of Spring which is NYC, and thus would not be taxed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread