or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 684

post #10246 of 27585
What are the white sneakers in the baseline sweatpants pics? Thanks
post #10247 of 27585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post

What are the white sneakers in the baseline sweatpants pics? Thanks

Nike Air Huarache Triple White colorway

post #10248 of 27585

Does anyone know how the KITH LaGuardia fit/quality compares to JE?

I want tossing up between the two for some tanks. 

post #10249 of 27585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Alvin View Post
 

Does anyone know how the KITH LaGuardia fit/quality compares to JE?

I want tossing up between the two for some tanks. 

I know that the LaGuardia are longer and JE quality is superior imo

post #10250 of 27585
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewseong View Post
 

I know that the LaGuardia are longer and JE quality is superior imo

Thanks Dude.

 

JE it is. 6 weeks in the US starts wednesday and my JE list is out of control.

post #10251 of 27585
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTickles View Post

Yeah slightly underwhelmed with the first drop but ya know, many more to come. That stadium jacket is on point but the price is a bit of a stretch. On the fence on both of the baseline pieces - does anyone have any experience with them yet? I'm curious on how heavy the hoodie is in comparison to a villain - and if the sweatpants have less of a dropcrotch then escobars?

There seems to be less of a drop crotch on the baseline sweats.  They run slimmer than the Escobars for me.

post #10252 of 27585
Seems like they really jacked up the price on the stadium and leather jackets compared to last year.
post #10253 of 27585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potsnu View Post

Seems like they really jacked up the price on the stadium and leather jackets compared to last year.

Yea definitely, last year's stadium jackets also had full leather sleeves with the retail of around 650. I don't think the change to a wool body justifies the 450 price jump LOL.

post #10254 of 27585
There also changes in the details. (Not saying that jutifys it)

But honestly JE has made the jump into mid level Doug shows and such now. So their prices are pretty accurate for the mid level brands that aren't quite high end history wise but make very good quality products and do shows during fashion week

The price is the price. Just gotta accept it now.
post #10255 of 27585

the stadium jacket is disappointing.  Not because of the price but because of the design.  Just poor.  The sleeves are far too short.  Look at the model in the pictures.  If you are going to make sleeves that are too short, then at least get a shorter model that it would look appropriate on.  You would think you are looking at a Target ad.  

post #10256 of 27585

Price talk has been a big topic as JE's popularity grows. Everything will always be overpriced because ppl need to get paid, material prices, labor, etc.. that will always be an answer. But at some point it will just have to be understood that the bigger a brand gets, the higher the prices will go unfortunately. For the majority of people regardless of financial status, would consider $185 (og villain price)  for a hoodie to be expensive. For many brands the whole "it's just so comfortable, or its just really well made" becomes a reason one might validate or convince themself to pay a high end price for a simple product when the truth is a lot of high end brands, designers, etc are more of a status or "badge" of what it is instead of the quality actually being high.

Example: Nike/Jordan, one or two of the highest grossing brands of all time that will continue to grow; they produce mass quantities of everything they ever make. Even when a few are considered "quickstrike or limited" it is greatly produced for all over the world. Ppl get upset because you pay good money for a pair of jordans and from time to time they just don't look that great. Cant figure out why but something just seems off. A great example would be the Red October Yeezys. Were they in every store? Nope. Very limited... kind of. So excluding fakes, ppl all over the world still received "one of the most limited releases ever." With every release including the red octobers, there will be ppl on youtube complaining about the quality saying they are trash, showing terrible glue spots or creases before you even open the box, and believe me I understand this complaint completely. But we as consumers espcially in the year 2015 can fall victim to hype and so easily can forget that these shoes and products for the most part with very few exceptions are vastly produced and not hand made or flawless by any means.

Now, don't get me wrong, Nike is successful for a reason. JE i feel is the opposite. I could be wrong, and i am not justifying that their jackets costing in the thousands is totally reasonable but JE is one of the few brands that when you say the quality is precise, then the quality is actually precise. But, as consumers from time to time you won't be able to honestly make sense of their pricing.

It's going to be high and it will continue to get higher, and if you are JE then of course there will be reasons to increase the price. I do not think they just randomly decide were going to increase certain pieces. As i stated earlier, costs can fluctuate. We arent the ones making the garments. But they also arent a non-proft... They know how to make money and increase profit margins as do most businesses. Hopefully they keep up with consumers and their customer service. They seem to be fairly open to communication with people on here.

So to save you a little frustration, don't try to understand why riri zips or cobrax buttons vastly increase the price of a garment. You won't be able to. While I am glad for their success, I do hope it does not get too out of hand. So people trying to stunt on a styleforum either lying or showing off saying that certain prices arent high, just stop. You arent fooling anyone. These are high end prices, and people everyday pay them, but anyone without an ego ppl with small or large bank accounts will say the same thing yes obviously it's expensive. Thankfully, the garments seem to be well made so you can know what you are spending your hard earned money on is well crafted and the attention to detail is great. So for the most part you wont have "yeezy glue spot" guilt. Just don't be the girl who buys 25 dollar lulu no show socks because you can totally feel the difference.


Edited by Cg23 - 7/10/15 at 2:36pm
post #10257 of 27585

Yeezy Boost 350 are great actually.:embar:

post #10258 of 27585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cg23 View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Price talk has been a big topic as JE's popularity grows. Everything will always be overpriced because ppl need to get paid, material prices, labor, etc.. that will always be an answer. But at some point it will just have to be understood that the bigger a brand gets, the higher the prices will go unfortunately. For the majority of people regardless of financial status, would consider $185 (og villain price)  for a hoodie to be expensive. For many brands the whole "it's just so comfortable, or its just really well made" becomes a reason one might validate or convince themself to pay a high end price for a simple product when the truth is a lot of high end brands, designers, etc are more of a status or "badge" of what it is instead of the quality actually being high. Example: Nike/Jordan, one or two of the highest grossing brands of all time that will continue to grow; they produce mass quantities of everything they ever make. Even when a few are considered "quickstrike or limited" it is greatly produced for all over the world. Ppl get upset because you pay good money for a pair of jordans and from time to time they just don't look that great. Cant figure out why but something just seems off. A great example would be the Red October Yeezys. Were they in every store? Nope. Very limited... kind of. So excluding fakes, ppl all over the world still received "one of the most limited releases ever." With every release including the red octobers, there will be ppl on youtube complaining about the quality saying they are trash, showing terrible glue spots or creases before you even open the box, and believe me I understand this complaint completely. But we as consumers espcially in the year 2015 can fall victim to hype and so easily can forget that these shoes and products for the most part with very few exceptions are vastly produced and not hand made or flawless by any means. Now, don't get me wrong, Nike is successful for a reason. JE i feel is the opposite. I could be wrong, and i am not justifying that their jackets costing in the thousands is totally reasonable but JE is one of the few brands that when you say  the quality is precise, then the quality is actually precise. But, as consumers from time to time you won't be able to honestly make sense of their pricing. It's going to be high and it will continue to get higher, and if you are JE then of course there will be reasons to increase the price. I do not think they just randomly decide were going to increase certain pieces. As i stated earlier, costs can fluctuate. We arent the ones making the garments. But they also arent a non-proft... They know how to make money and increase profit margins as do most businesses. Hopefully they keep up with consumers and their customer service. They seem to be fairly open to communication  with people on here. So to save you a little frustration, don't try to understand why riri zips or cobrax buttons vastly increase the price of a garment. You won't be able to. While I am glad for their success, I do hope it does not get too out of hand. So people trying to stunt on a styleforum either lying or showing off saying that certain prices arent high, just stop. You arent fooling anyone. These are high end prices, and people everyday pay them, but anyone without an ego  ppl with small or large bank accounts will say the same thing yes obviously it's expensive. Thankfully, the garments seem to be well made so you can know what you are spending your hard earned money on is well crafted and the attention to detail is great. So for the most part you wont have "yeezy glue spot" guilt. Just don't be the girl who buys 25 dollar lulu no show socks because you can totally feel the difference.

 

Paragraphs man, paragraphs. Nobody wants to read a giant wall of text.
post #10259 of 27585
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post
 

the stadium jacket is disappointing.  Not because of the price but because of the design.  Just poor.  The sleeves are far too short.  Look at the model in the pictures.  If you are going to make sleeves that are too short, then at least get a shorter model that it would look appropriate on.  You would think you are looking at a Target ad.  

 

"Slim fit, slightly cropped" is literally the first thing in the product description. The length is intentional. And personally, I love shorter sleeves on varsity jackets so my watch displays more clearly. To say this design is "poor" just because it doesn't fit your personal preference is ignorant.

post #10260 of 27585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeisonfire View Post

Paragraphs man, paragraphs. Nobody wants to read a giant wall of text.
Then dont.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread