or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread - Page 58

post #856 of 3401
Reference, i'm 6'0, ~165
I bought the Escobar (black) sweats in Medium and the Villain (burgundy) in Large.

Really liked the terry cloth fabric, felt sturdy. Cuff was in a softer fabric (not terry cloth). Unfortunately, that cuff opening will probably get looser over time...because it does fit really tight at the bottom and you really have to pull your feet through it. A lot more room once once you hit the upper calf area. Waist was perfect for me. (usually a sz. 31 pant)

It does have a lower crotch, but not nearly as low and baggy as some of the sweats the bigger fashion brands put out, thank god.

Back zipper pocket is nice to have, but hard to squeeze in my wallet, pretty thin pocket opening. Actually scratched the leather doing so. But i suppose it beats the shallower/non-zipper pockets on most sweats?

Oh, minor gripe:
1. wish the drawstrings of the sweats weren't as thick, and rigid. it's weird.
2. wish the hole openings of the drawstrings had a metal opening, or some way to prevent it from stretching or tearing over repeated use





Forgot to take pics of the Villain on, but it was a good idea to size up on that one. I'm a size 40 chest and a Medium for most items, but the JE Large was already a little snug on the chest, and just right on the shoulders. Color's fantastic though, goes well with the zippers in gold... will put up those pics when i remember.
post #857 of 3401
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBotsford View Post
 

I know there are a million sizing questions in this thread so I'm sorry for posting another one, but I've written JE 2 pm's and also written them directly through their site with no response. Does anyone know what the measurements are on the Small Escobar Sweatpant? I'm a small dude (5'4" 120lb 28waist) and worried that the small still might not be small enough. Thanks.

 

The waist will be fine, but the length could be an issue. You'll likely have to stack the pants more than you may prefer.

post #858 of 3401
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBotsford View Post
 

I know there are a million sizing questions in this thread so I'm sorry for posting another one, but I've written JE 2 pm's and also written them directly through their site with no response. Does anyone know what the measurements are on the Small Escobar Sweatpant? I'm a small dude (5'4" 120lb 28waist) and worried that the small still might not be small enough. Thanks.

 

 

Probably not small enough.  They'll definitely be very long.  I'm 5'9" and wear a small and the length is perfect.

post #859 of 3401

What's up everyone, I got the escobars and riga hoodie both large coming soon. I'll update how they fit when I get them. I'm 6'3 160 w/ 32" waist. I think the hoodie should be good, I'm just hoping the sweats aren't too tight

post #860 of 3401
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChang View Post
 

 

 

Probably not small enough.  They'll definitely be very long.  I'm 5'9" and wear a small and the length is perfect.

Thanks for the info. This is kinda what I expected.

post #861 of 3401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebo21 View Post

What's up everyone, I got the escobars and riga hoodie both large coming soon. I'll update how they fit when I get them. I'm 6'3 160 w/ 32" waist. I think the hoodie should be good, I'm just hoping the sweats aren't too tight

you'll be fine w/ the escobars in large. i'm between 6'0/6'1 around same weight and perfect with the size Medium.
post #862 of 3401
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeasyed View Post


you'll be fine w/ the escobars in large. i'm between 6'0/6'1 around same weight and perfect with the size Medium.


alright cool, thanks!

post #863 of 3401
Guys,

I just got a notification from Revolve Clothing that they have the Black in M back in stock, I just bought one, go check it out!!
post #864 of 3401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post

Guys,

I just got a notification from Revolve Clothing that they have the Black in M back in stock, I just bought one, go check it out!!

haha wish that was the case for the grey duo escobars...
anyone got fit pics of the hoodie? or their jeans?
post #865 of 3401
Any details on those hoodies from the SS14 lookbook with what look to be drawstrings at the hem? Also, is that some kind of slubby, linen-blend tee I see?
post #866 of 3401
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChang View Post

Any details on those hoodies from the SS14 lookbook with what look to be drawstrings at the hem? Also, is that some kind of slubby, linen-blend tee I see?

The new tees are cotton - silk blend. The hoodies are mesh with jersey. All available February.
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
post #867 of 3401
Very cool. Thanks for the quick reply.
post #868 of 3401

I am about 6ft (5'11.5") and hover between 165 and 170 lbs with a 32 waist.  I got a M in the grey villain hoody.  It was slightly tighter than any hoody i have had before at first, and i was hesitant about returning it for a larger size, but once i started to wear it broke in nicely and fits great.  It was definitely a little tight in the chest and shoulders like a previous user said, but it ended up forming to my shoulders/chest and stretching out slightly.  Hope this helps

post #869 of 3401

If you like a looser fit, i would definitely go a size up, personally, i am into a slimmer fit in my clothing so it worked for me

post #870 of 3401
man i returned my medium for being too small at 5'8" 140 i dunno how you dudes with half a foot and 30 pounds on me are doing this. will there be a restock? would still like a large
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread