or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green RTW or Crockett & Jones Handgrade
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green RTW or Crockett & Jones Handgrade

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Hi Folks,

         Am in a dilema here as i have the opportunity to buy 2 pairs of Crockett and Jones handgrades or an Edward Green RTW. The choices here are the Belgrave and Selborne from Crockett and the choice of Asquith,Chelsea or Berkley.

Both brands fit me very comfotably so comfortable in that position but cant seem to make my mind on the basis of VFM or leather quality. Any advise will be much appreciated.

post #2 of 18
Go for C&J handgrade. normal EG RTW does not worth the up charge, only their colouring is better and has a better arch support.
post #3 of 18
I prefer EG lasts.
post #4 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Go for C&J handgrade. normal EG RTW does not worth the up charge, only their colouring is better and has a better arch support.

when you say the Edward Green colouring are you refering to specific colours like chestnut, pine or general colouring of leather.

post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Go for C&J handgrade. normal EG RTW does not worth the up charge, only their colouring is better and has a better arch support.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

I prefer EG lasts.

 

^^ Agree with above SF members.

 

If EG & C&J's fit you comfortably, and you want a specific answer to your question: Can't make my mind on the basis of VFM or leather quality....

 

 

Then your dead cert, win/win situation is to go for the 2 pairs of C&J's Handgrade over 1 pair of EG RTW....If it's my size I'll take up the offer if you do decline.

post #6 of 18
Go with the C&Js. Buy EGs when you decide that you have too much money lying around.
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasymonkey View Post

when you say the Edward Green colouring are you refering to specific colours like chestnut, pine or general colouring of leather.

I do mean their general colouring. Even the black has a good charm and rich in depth. However, any of their colours can be done better if you can dye leather yourself, in other words a good DIY dying will be just as good.
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

Go with the C&Js. Buy EGs when you decide that you have too much money lying around.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

C&J's are the Vass of British shoes, solid and VFM.

post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

Go with the C&Js. Buy EGs when you decide that you have too much money lying around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

C&J's are the Vass of British shoes, solid and VFM.

Thanks for mentioning Vass. Are you ready to bite the bullet on selecting the size and last without trying it?

It is safe especially if you can send a precise feet measurement to Vass' email account.
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

Go with the C&Js. Buy EGs when you decide that you have too much money lying around.

i seem to agree with that notion for a few minutes on the basis that  having more pairs of Crockett handgrades that i can  rotate during the week  should give me more years of wear from them than having a pair of the Edward Green. In another instance the Edward Green bug gets to me and i say to myself i want 1 of their shoes.

post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Go for C&J handgrade. normal EG RTW does not worth the up charge, only their colouring is better and has a better arch support.

With the arch support you are refering can you elaborate a bit.  All inputs so far are much appreciated by SF members.

post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasymonkey View Post

With the arch support you are refering can you elaborate a bit.  All inputs so far are much appreciated by SF members.

An arch support helps the comfortability during walking, it takes time to get used to.
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

An arch support helps the comfortability during walking, it takes time to get used to.

This is true or false depending the physiology of one's foot.
post #14 of 18
C&J Handgrade is the same leather as EG is it not? C&J sales staff will tell you it is.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

This is true or false depending the physiology of one's foot.

Yep that very true, I have a slightly flat and wide feet so the extra arch support does help a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance View Post

C&J Handgrade is the same leather as EG is it not? C&J sales staff will tell you it is.

I think the leather grade and finish is equal, however EG seems to be a touch thicker.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green RTW or Crockett & Jones Handgrade