or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Finding good business contacts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finding good business contacts

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
How to find good business contacts? I'm not the club type, nor the bar type, nor do I think I'd find somebody responsible and/or very logical at those places anyway (no offense anyone, talking about the majority).

I'm out of ideas on how to find business contacts...

P.S. >~20, male, Europe.
post #2 of 8
Usually, a good way of getting business contacts is by doing business with them.
post #3 of 8
List yourself on escort services.

Great way to meet a lot of travelling businessmen and an easy way to get access to them when their guard is down.
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Usually, a good way of getting business contacts is by doing business with them.

That way you can only find contacts at your workplace, which means it has to be a big company in the first place, and you have to get to the management. There's few big companies and I work for a small one, so doesn't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

List yourself on escort services.

Great way to meet a lot of travelling businessmen and an easy way to get access to them when their guard is down.

I'm looking for serious answers...
post #5 of 8
Going to bars(popular upscale lounges) and being social is the best way to get business contacts.

These people are men(and women) too, and many times people with money like to go out and enjoy themselves regularly.

It's not always true with family men, but still. You can get to those by golfing, social clubs, parties hosted by friends, etc.

The basic principle is to get yourself in places where meeting strangers is common and preferably a place where wealthier/business people or your target demographic might be.

But bars/lounges are great for me. I get plenty of business from it. In fact, one of my largest accounts is through a woman I met randomly at a bar. She happens to be an executive and decided I should get their business. It's that easy and happens ALL the time.
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post

Going to bars(popular upscale lounges) and being social is the best way to get business contacts.

These people are men(and women) too, and many times people with money like to go out and enjoy themselves regularly.

It's not always true with family men, but still. You can get to those by golfing, social clubs, parties hosted by friends, etc.

The basic principle is to get yourself in places where meeting strangers is common and preferably a place where wealthier/business people or your target demographic might be.

But bars/lounges are great for me. I get plenty of business from it. In fact, one of my largest accounts is through a woman I met randomly at a bar. She happens to be an executive and decided I should get their business. It's that easy and happens ALL the time.

Interesting. I may try a bar sometime, just need to find out where is THE decent one.
post #7 of 8
That's right. You may get lucky at any old bar, but it does have to be a somewhat classy/upscale joint for wealthy or other business people to go there.
post #8 of 8
Try LinkedIn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Finding good business contacts