• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BMW CS concept

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a surprise: BMW introduced the CS concept, their take on the coupe-like sedan, like the M-B CLS.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/19/s...mw-cs-concept/

Some pictures:

6301168.w700.jpg

6335184.w700.jpg

6335166.w700.jpg

It's a bit of Aston Martin with Dodge Charger with a really nice backend.

--Andre

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Looks rather brutish

Brute is the new aspiration it seems. The E9 is beautiful.

--Andre

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
Brute is the new aspiration it seems. The E9 is beautiful. --Andre
I can't imagine that new CS sedan has the agility of the old CS. The so-called Batmobile was famous for its ability. If I believe correctly, I think the E9 was penned by Paul Bracq, who was quite adept at graceful designs.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I can't imagine that new CS sedan has the agility of the old CS. The so-called Batmobile was famous for its speed.

In it's day it was, that car was actually very heavy for its size. The small, high profile tires didn't help with agility either.

I like the new styling, I would imagine they are going a similiar route with the upcoming 7 series....prolly trying to get away from the bulbous styling of the current car.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LSeca
In it's day it was, that car was actually very heavy for its size. The small, high profile tires didn't help with agility either. I like the new styling, I would imagine they are going a similiar route with the upcoming 7 series....prolly trying to get away from the bulbous styling of the current car.
Wasn't the CS intended as a type of coupe instead of a true sportscar? I think the new one looks like a glorified station wagon.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks better than anything BMW has in its current lineup.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Bungle would just stop with the stupidly busy treatment of his cars' flanks already, he'd have a beauty here. The shape's right, the ends are nicely detailed, but the middle is, alas, typical Bungle.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
It's a bit of Aston Martin with Dodge Charger with a really nice backend.

"a bit", you say?

6335184.w700.jpg

aston-martin-db9_side.jpg

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, nice comaprison pics gdl. I am surprised the design is such a blatant copy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads