or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Which of these (a list of stores) offer decent shoes? If any?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which of these (a list of stores) offer decent shoes? If any? - Page 3

post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post

Good Lord, I must get out more. There is not one name on that list I recognize.

Oh surely you must remember Clarks of Desert Boot fame from the days of your youth. Most of the others were equally unfamiliar to me, if that's any comfort. I suspect some of this is an age thing.
post #32 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Laceless shoes aren't bad, THOSE shoes are bad. I think loafers are great in the right context, but, like anything else, they can be done well, or poorly.

Could I get an image of a decent-looking shoes? Doesn't matter the price, I just wanna see what a decent shoe looks like for now, to get an idea about it.
post #33 of 36
^Bear in mind that virtually everybody in this forum is a fan of classic men's footwear from firms like (in roughly ascending order of price) Allen-Edmonds, Alden, Crockett & Jones, Vass, Cheany, Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling and John Lobb. Somehow, I don't get the sense that these are the kinds of shoes you are "into."

You might find a more helpful response if you re-posted your question in the "Streetwear and Denim" forum.
post #34 of 36
Why don't you get a pair of tennis shoes for the walking, and then change into the dress shoes? You have to carry a bag of some variety.

Every single brand you've listed, save Clarks, is utter rubbish. And Clark's only saving grace is that they make desert boots. If you're stuck with those brands, buy the absolute cheapest thing you can because they're all made just as horribly as one another and will all fall apart just as quickly (which isn't to say very).
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by newn View Post

Could I get an image of a decent-looking shoes? Doesn't matter the price, I just wanna see what a decent shoe looks like for now, to get an idea about it.

post #36 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post

^Bear in mind that virtually everybody in this forum is a fan of classic men's footwear from firms like (in roughly ascending order of price) Allen-Edmonds, Alden, Crockett & Jones, Vass, Cheany, Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling and John Lobb. Somehow, I don't get the sense that these are the kinds of shoes you are "into."

You might find a more helpful response if you re-posted your question in the "Streetwear and Denim" forum.

I'm not "into" any shoes yet. However I like the "dressy" kind, I dislike most sneakers. And I find sneakers' bottom to be too soft.

Buying my first shoes myself. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluther View Post

Why don't you get a pair of tennis shoes for the walking, and then change into the dress shoes? You have to carry a bag of some variety.

Every single brand you've listed, save Clarks, is utter rubbish. And Clark's only saving grace is that they make desert boots. If you're stuck with those brands, buy the absolute cheapest thing you can because they're all made just as horribly as one another and will all fall apart just as quickly (which isn't to say very).

There is no dressing room or something like that. Basically, there's a building, we enter, go up the stairs and there's single glass door right in front of you. That's where the office is, which is quite small too. So it's not really possible to change, unless I'd be doing that in front of the rest of the co-workers, but that would be just odd, considering the information I've "gathered."

Hm. Well, I've been using my Ecco shoes that were used for about a year or so by my brother before. I've been using them for about a month for long walks, sometimes up to 20km/day. They haven't fell apart yet. Just saying. I had cheap boots before those, they fell apart after a few months, but then I used to walk less than a kilometer a day.

Anyway, I want shoes that would be water-proof and in which my feet wouldn't sweat, or at least not so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post


Thanks. Here's some more suggestions, in regards to the brands mentioned earlier and the image:

http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Biarritz-Wing-Tip-Tie/630034,default,pd.html?dwvar_630034_color=21001
http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Canberra-Wing-Tip/621504,default,pd.html?dwvar_621504_color=01001
http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Canberra-Leather-Sole-Tie/622024,default,pd.html?dwvar_622024_color=01001
http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Birmingham-Penny-Loafer/631074,default,pd.html?dwvar_631074_color=01001

Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Which of these (a list of stores) offer decent shoes? If any?