or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Which of these (a list of stores) offer decent shoes? If any?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which of these (a list of stores) offer decent shoes? If any? - Page 2

post #16 of 36
As said, high quality shoes are usually not sold in their own stores with their own brand name in the store name. I would advise you to read the forum for a bit and get a feeling for what is regarded high quality and what is not.

Another tip, don't buy shoes from brands producing other clothing than shoes. Unless it is very expensive, the quality/price-ratio is usually lower than usual.
post #17 of 36

What bloody city are we talking about, already?

post #18 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post

As said, high quality shoes are usually not sold in their own stores with their own brand name in the store name. I would advise you to read the forum for a bit and get a feeling for what is regarded high quality and what is not.

Another tip, don't buy shoes from brands producing other clothing than shoes. Unless it is very expensive, the quality/price-ratio is usually lower than usual.

Yea, found the brand names added in the previous post by checking all the stores that sell many things of many brands. Nothing else popped up, unfortunately.

Appreciate the tip. So far, either ordering online which is risky because there's no HQ store around and I don't know much about my feet and preferences (and can't rankly, as you know my current shoe-condition) or buying Ecco shoes is my best bet, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

What bloody city are we talking about, already?

Sorry, I prefer to not give out that information.
post #19 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by newn View Post

Sorry, I prefer to not give out that information.

 

Then you aint gonna get much help. Especially from someone who is quite familiar with Europe, and eastern Europe in particular, unless he knows the city.

post #20 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Then you aint gonna get much help. Especially from someone who is quite familiar with Europe, and eastern Europe in particular, unless he knows the city.

Which baltic countries are you familiar with?
Edited by newn - 4/6/13 at 7:14am
post #21 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by newn View Post


Which baltic countries are you familiar with?

 

Fair enough! Never been to the Baltics, although Riga is on the bucket list. I wouldn't exactly call that undeveloped though.

post #22 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Fair enough! Never been to the Baltics, although Riga is on the bucket list. I wouldn't exactly call that undeveloped though.

Most Baltic countries are undeveloped. But I prefer to not get into such discussions, especially about my country, on unrelated to that forums. That was my attempt to redirect the discussion. smile.gif
post #23 of 36

You didn't need to redirect it. That was my last word on the subject of your place of origin.

post #24 of 36

Stockholm is no more than a cheap one-day cruise away from Riga or Tallinn. It isn't exactly London or Paris, but it has some good brands of shoes and other clothing available.
 

post #25 of 36
Are you searching online for all these shop names? Sometimes the sort of shops that sell half-decent shoes are small independent places without much of a web presence. If you know anyone who wears nice shoes, you could ask them where they got them from. Or you could try emailing customer services at places like Loake, Barker, C&J, etc and ask them if they have any distributers in your country. You will have to tell them what country you're in though.
post #26 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by E,TF View Post

Are you searching online for all these shop names? Sometimes the sort of shops that sell half-decent shoes are small independent places without much of a web presence. If you know anyone who wears nice shoes, you could ask them where they got them from. Or you could try emailing customer services at places like Loake, Barker, C&J, etc and ask them if they have any distributers in your country. You will have to tell them what country you're in though.

I don't, but emailing is a great idea, that's what I'm gonna do.
post #27 of 36
Thread Starter 
post #28 of 36
It makes me sad shoes like those actually exist. At least get something with laces.
post #29 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post

It makes me sad shoes like those actually exist. At least get something with laces.

Why are laceless shoes are 'bad'? Just wondering.

What about these? But I think they are only glued... http://us.shop.ecco.com/ECCO-Atlanta-Tie/610114,default,pd.html?dwvar_610114_color=21001

Anything from here is half-decent and worth buying for a few mile-long daily walks? http://us.shop.ecco.com/men-dress/men-dress,default,sc.html#prefn1=refinementColor&prefv1=BLACK&prefn2=descriptor&prefv2=Tie&start=0&sz=12

I do need a dress shoe that wouldn't break down due to long walks and that would actually be comfortable to walk in.

P.S. The shoe in that I linked in the previous post actually fit my feet well, so that's something to go on if buying elsewhere online, etc..
post #30 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by newn View Post


Why are laceless shoes are 'bad'? Just wondering.

 

Laceless shoes aren't bad, THOSE shoes are bad. I think loafers are great in the right context, but, like anything else, they can be done well, or poorly.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Which of these (a list of stores) offer decent shoes? If any?