or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread - Page 46

post #676 of 2534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

Japan/Tokyo must be the mecca for all the shoe brands in the world.

I don't think any city around the world has such a concentration of brands
in one city.

And I notice the Japanese are the biggest fan of black formal shoes.

I agree with you, at least certainly not NYC/London/HK/Paris/Shanghai/Singapore
post #677 of 2534
Once you go black, ...

Unless you belong to #menswear.
post #678 of 2534
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

Japan/Tokyo must be the mecca for all the shoe brands in the world.

I don't think any city around the world has such a concentration of brands
in one city.

You noticed how Crockett & Jones are sold in almost every store I listed? I honestly think the majority of C&J shoes made are shipped to Japan....lol8[1].gif
post #679 of 2534
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

You mean Saks and Fifth maybe, Macy has step up a lot these days (too many Chinese tourists, so they up the ante a bit, basically lots of higher end women's bag), but its shoe department will still be a far cry from what you listed here...

Yeah, while definitely not all Mitsukoshis are nice, the Nihonbashi one may be the Saks of Japan. The facade kinda looks similar too smile.gif
post #680 of 2534

Nutcracker, thanks for the guide where to get good shoes in Japan; will be heading there and really appreciate it.

 

Nutcrackers contribution on the shoe scene in Japan has been immense; I vote that he be given 'dubiously honoured' status in this forum icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #681 of 2534

Great shoe shopping guides; also guys please spoiler them takes up the whole page when repeatedly quoted:)

post #682 of 2534
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

Nutcracker, thanks for the guide where to get good shoes in Japan; will be heading there and really appreciate it.

 

Nutcrackers contribution on the shoe scene in Japan has been immense; I vote that he be given 'dubiously honoured' status in this forum icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Agree - NC....you have defined my 3 days itinary for Toyko....will treat you to a glass wine/beer if we meet up.

post #683 of 2534
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

Nutcracker, thanks for the guide where to get good shoes in Japan; will be heading there and really appreciate it.

Nutcrackers contribution on the shoe scene in Japan has been immense; I vote that he be given 'dubiously honoured' status in this forum icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thanks for enjoying them!! Don't you need something like 10,000 posts to get that title? biggrin.gif
and yeah, in fact I don't think there is even a Japanese equivalent to a shoe shopping guide by store...store websites don't list them either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Great shoe shopping guides; also guys please spoiler them takes up the whole page when repeatedly quoted:)

Thanks TB!! fing02[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

Agree - NC....you have defined my 3 days itinary for Toyko....will treat you to a glass wine/beer if we meet up.

Sounds great. You're planning to visit with your lady perhaps? Not sure if she'll like your itinerary......

btw I'm not done....several more shopping areas to cover this weekend fing02[1].gif
post #684 of 2534
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post


Thanks for enjoying them!! Don't you need something like 10,000 posts to get that title? biggrin.gif
and yeah, in fact I don't think there is even a Japanese equivalent to a shoe shopping guide by store...store websites don't list them either.
Thanks TB!! fing02[1].gif
Sounds great. You're planning to visit with your lady perhaps? Not sure if she'll like your itinerary......

btw I'm not done....several more shopping areas to cover this weekend fing02[1].gif

 

When it comes to HK; SGP and Bangkok, the missus is staying put - she'll be compensated with some weekend-spa package ;-) ...

 

Currently working on a deal to justify a week travel request to HK...this should allow me enough time to pop over to Tokyo for the weekend...

 

I presume all these larger stores are open on a Sunday?

post #685 of 2534
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post


You noticed how Crockett & Jones are sold in almost every store I listed? I honestly think the majority of C&J shoes made are shipped to Japan....lol8[1].gif

The whole of Northampton should be renamed Nori-hampton

post #686 of 2534
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

When it comes to HK; SGP and Bangkok, the missus is staying put - she'll be compensated with some weekend-spa package ;-) ...

Currently working on a deal to justify a week travel request to HK...this should allow me enough time to pop over to Tokyo for the weekend...

I presume all these larger stores are open on a Sunday?

Weekend spa at a nice hotel in HK sounds like a reasonable tradeoff for your absence biggrin.gif
Yes, larger stores are all open on Sundays.
post #687 of 2534
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

You noticed how Crockett & Jones are sold in almost every store I listed? I honestly think the majority of C&J shoes made are shipped to Japan....lol8[1].gif

only one complain, price! there goes the reason why I would not buy any foreign made shoe while I am in Tokyo, yen got to sink even further to make it worthwhile...
post #688 of 2534
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

only one complain, price! there goes the reason why I would not buy any foreign made shoe while I am in Tokyo, yen got to sink even further to make it worthwhile...

Yeah, but it also depends on what brand.

An average Carmina shoes in Tokyo are priced around ¥60000 (¥63000 with 5%VAT). That is equivalent to $586 USD, not too far away.
post #689 of 2534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

The whole of Northampton should be renamed Nori-hampton

crackup[1].gif
post #690 of 2534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

The whole of Northampton should be renamed Nori-hampton

lol

It really is. Especially when a few outworkers and bespoke shops are already dominated by Japanese workers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread