or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread - Page 267

post #3991 of 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdes81 View Post


Darn!

I'm very looking forward to next summer, I have a trip to Tokyo planned and dropping in their shop to get sized and make an order is on the top of my to-do list. smile.gif

Well at least then you will save about $450 because that's the surcharge for over seas trunk show orders. Which kinda makes sense because of the time they lose in production when travelling and all the expenses they have.
post #3992 of 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Well at least then you will save about $450 because that's the surcharge for over seas trunk show orders. Which kinda makes sense because of the time they lose in production when travelling and all the expenses they have.

 

Sounds even better! I just wish I had another excuse to travel back to Japan a couple months afterwards so I take the plunge and get a bespoke last.

post #3993 of 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdes81 View Post
 

 

Sounds even better! I just wish I had another excuse to travel back to Japan a couple months afterwards so I take the plunge and get a bespoke last.


You can always find an excuse for traveling back to Japan. I will probably go back for the third time in 3 years next april.

post #3994 of 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacke View Post
 


You can always find an excuse for traveling back to Japan. I will probably go back for the third time in 3 years next april.


That is true, but I'm not quite sure how long they'd wait for me between original and trial fitting(s).  I travel enough for my job that work usually determines my "vacation" destinations for me, i.e., I'll take a few extra days and bring the girlfriend if I end up having to go somewhere fun.

post #3995 of 4060
Hiro fits at least twice.
The time from ordering to first fit is at least 6 months. Doesn't matter of you take longer, but it can't be quicker than 6.
This is a similar waiting time for most Japanese makers.
post #3996 of 4060

I just received pictures of my trial shoes from Clematis Ginza.

 

 

 


Edited by Jacke - 9/13/16 at 10:08am
post #3997 of 4060

@Jacke I don't even particularly like Lazymans, but wow, those are stunning!

post #3998 of 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Unfortunately they do not produce RTW but if they did they would definitely be considered!

Looks like they do a bunch of MTO/MTM options, though.

The shape is not singing to me, but you never know how ugly the original client's feet were. Very tasteful models in any case.
post #3999 of 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post


Looks like they do a bunch of MTO/MTM options, though.

The shape is not singing to me, but you never know how ugly the original client's feet were. Very tasteful models in any case.

 

The international last is sleeker than their domestic ones (which all their standard samples are made on). Here's my split toe derby on it:

 

 

 

post #4000 of 4060
Has anyone tried the brand "oriental" from world footwear gallery in Tokyo? Any reviews? They are Japanese RTW GYW shoes with a very closely cut welt (pictures can be seen on wfg's Instagram). Would like some reviews before buying, if possible!
post #4001 of 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by supern0va View Post

Has anyone tried the brand "oriental" from world footwear gallery in Tokyo? Any reviews? They are Japanese RTW GYW shoes with a very closely cut welt (pictures can be seen on wfg's Instagram). Would like some reviews before buying, if possible!

Yes, I have seen them IRL. It's Goodyear welted to the waist then Blake stitched. There were some superficial issues that I remarked on but if they have gotten these issues under control I believe it's a good RTW option. In which price range are they?
post #4002 of 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Yes, I have seen them IRL. It's Goodyear welted to the waist then Blake stitched. There were some superficial issues that I remarked on but if they have gotten these issues under control I believe it's a good RTW option. In which price range are they?

Thanks @Leaves. I didn't know they are not fully GYW. Not a big fan of Blake, gotta think a bit further. Maybe after I visit isetan I'll decide.

Price is 55,000 yen plus tax. That's just under US$600. Slightly more expensive than Enzo bonafes (from your store!)
post #4003 of 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by supern0va View Post


Thanks @Leaves. I didn't know they are not fully GYW. Not a big fan of Blake, gotta think a bit further. Maybe after I visit isetan I'll decide.

Price is 55,000 yen plus tax. That's just under US$600. Slightly more expensive than Enzo bonafes (from your store!)

 

That's expensive, even for fully GYW shoes.

post #4004 of 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by supern0va View Post

Thanks @Leaves. I didn't know they are not fully GYW. Not a big fan of Blake, gotta think a bit further. Maybe after I visit isetan I'll decide.

Price is 55,000 yen plus tax. That's just under US$600. Slightly more expensive than Enzo bonafes (from your store!)

The construction is actually inspired by Bonafè. Bonafè makes a lot of hand welted/Blake for Japan. Oriental Shoes is the agent for Bonafè in Japan, so I guess they kinda copied the construction (although as far as I know the Oriental Shoes version is machine welted as opposed to Bonafè who hand welts).

Personally I prefer the Bonafè hand welted "Bombe" solution which is a proper welted construction with a slimmed down waist. I believe that a lot of the Japanese shoes makers are inspired by Bonafè if you look at their work and compare to
Bonafè. Enzo has legendary status in Japan. But that's a discussion for the Bonafè thread. I won't derail this further. smile.gif
post #4005 of 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


The construction is actually inspired by Bonafè. Bonafè makes a lot of hand welted/Blake for Japan. Oriental Shoes is the agent for Bonafè in Japan, so I guess they kinda copied the construction (although as far as I know the Oriental Shoes version is machine welted as opposed to Bonafè who hand welts).

Personally I prefer the Bonafè hand welted "Bombe" solution which is a proper welted construction with a slimmed down waist. I believe that a lot of the Japanese shoes makers are inspired by Bonafè if you look at their work and compare to
Bonafè. Enzo has legendary status in Japan. But that's a discussion for the Bonafè thread. I won't derail this further. smile.gif

 

Am still a little sore about this.

Ha

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread