or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread - Page 252

post #3766 of 4059

Any chance of you hosting a trunk show by him at the Oak Room in Taipei :happy: 

post #3767 of 4059




Fitting shoes from Marquess.
Final pair will be with a textured leather on top, and with medallion.

Only minor things to be changed a little.
post #3768 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

Stefan, have you ever asked Shoji how many hours he and his crew spend on an average pair? This may explain why they look so neat all over.
6 full Japanese working days. 4 days of bottom making. 2 days of clicking and closing.

This is without the trial shoes and last making.
post #3769 of 4059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdor View Post

Any chance of you hosting a trunk show by him at the Oak Room in Taipei happy.gif  

Can't promise anything to anyone (including the shoemakers) yet, but Murata-san at least shows interest in gaining more recognition overseas. We do have 4 Main-d'or bespoke samples (not including my 2 pairs) on display at store, including a new addition, this lovely brown semi-brogue oxford

AppleMark
AppleMark


Here are all the Main-d'or Round toes together. Most welcome for anyone to come see them!

AppleMark

post #3770 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post


Can't promise anything to anyone (including the shoemakers) yet, but Murata-san at least shows interest in gaining more recognition overseas. We do have 4 Main-d'or bespoke samples (not including my 2 pairs) on display at store, including a new addition, this lovely brown semi-brogue oxford

AppleMark
AppleMark


Here are all the Main-d'or Round toes together. Most welcome for anyone to come see them!

AppleMark

You're driving me insane,Nutcracker!

My friend and I are planning to visit Japan,I think we'll go to visit Murata-san and Shoji-san:satisfied:

BTW,I'll definitely go to visit you when I travel to Taiwan!

post #3771 of 4059
Spoilers please if you're quoting multiple pictures!
post #3772 of 4059

Has anyone here worked with Hiro Yanagimachi before? Positive / Negative experience?

 

I am sure that this has come up before in this thread but its tough to sift through 250+ pages of info.

post #3773 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

Has anyone here worked with Hiro Yanagimachi before? Positive / Negative experience?

I am sure that this has come up before in this thread but its tough to sift through 250+ pages of info.

I have. Contacted him some years ago to discuss trunk shows abroad (for my place of work) , from where a international last was created, and trunk shows starting this year.

Have one pair myself that I've been very happy with. Only had them for 4-5 months, but only positive experiences so far.
post #3774 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan88 View Post


I have. Contacted him some years ago to discuss trunk shows abroad (for my place of work) , from where a international last was created, and trunk shows starting this year.

Have one pair myself that I've been very happy with. Only had them for 4-5 months, but only positive experiences so far.

 

Thanks for your reply.

 

He will be visiting NYC in May and I am contemplating working with him. I like his English-styled oxfords with the rounded toes. 

 

Did he nail the fit well on your shoes? How many trials did you have?

post #3775 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

Thanks for your reply.

He will be visiting NYC in May and I am contemplating working with him. I like his English-styled oxfords with the rounded toes. 

Did he nail the fit well on your shoes? How many trials did you have?

I worked with him to create a last, and the first prototype was basically based on my feet but with modifications to generalise it. He then took the prototypes to us in Norway, to Leffot, a store in Moscow and I think also one in Singapore, to gather feedback on fit to further improve it.

For the Scandinavian people that have tried it, it has been good. For me obviously too. I know that a couple from here up north have ordered and been pleased.

Yanagimachis take on the whole fitting process is calculated and special. He's very knowledgeable, and I would trust him to get it right.

The pattern order program he does is basically trying a shoe and doing slight modifications if necessary. I think it's best to hear this from himself though. A bit like Saint Crispin's maybe?

I too like his round toes very much. At some point I will order his george boots. biggrin.gif
post #3776 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan88 View Post


I worked with him to create a last, and the first prototype was basically based on my feet but with modifications to generalise it. He then took the prototypes to us in Norway, to Leffot, a store in Moscow and I think also one in Singapore, to gather feedback on fit to further improve it.

For the Scandinavian people that have tried it, it has been good. For me obviously too. I know that a couple from here up north have ordered and been pleased.

Yanagimachis take on the whole fitting process is calculated and special. He's very knowledgeable, and I would trust him to get it right.

The pattern order program he does is basically trying a shoe and doing slight modifications if necessary. I think it's best to hear this from himself though. A bit like Saint Crispin's maybe?

I too like his round toes very much. At some point I will order his george boots. biggrin.gif

 

Ok I see...so its like an MTO/MTM program...

 

I am most likely going bespoke.

post #3777 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

Ok I see...so its like an MTO/MTM program...

I am most likely going bespoke.
Should be possibly to work out smile.gif Drop him an email!
post #3778 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

Has anyone here worked with Hiro Yanagimachi before? Positive / Negative experience?

I am sure that this has come up before in this thread but its tough to sift through 250+ pages of info.

I can only say positive things about my experience with Hiro Yanagimachi. Great shoes, great people. Here's a buyer's guide I did.
post #3779 of 4059
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

Has anyone here worked with Hiro Yanagimachi before? Positive / Negative experience?

 

I am sure that this has come up before in this thread but its tough to sift through 250+ pages of info.


I agree with everything Jesper and Stefan has said. It was a pleasure ordering from Hiro Yanagamachi. I am going to order my second pair of shoes from them soon.

post #3780 of 4059

Here's a bunch of pictures from Yohei Fukuda's showroom and workshop as well as from the production of and end result of a pair I've ordered. Much more pics and info in a buyer's guide on my blog, but can't put it all here.

 

First from the showroom, located on the second floor in the district Shibya in the central parts of Tokyo:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Workshop, two floors up from the showroom:

 

 


 

MORE PICTURES HERE! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Measurement process. I've ordered his Master Fitting offering, which is semi bespoke/MTM (he modifies his standard lasts a bit to fit the customers feet, although for me it was quite a lot of modifications needed). First try on pair in size UK10, good in length but way too snug for me:

 

 

 

Measuring the height in various places:

 

 

 

Gathering info about the order:

 

 

 

 

Some pics taken by Yohei during the making process:

 

 

 

 

 

And the final pair:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread