or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread - Page 141

post #2101 of 2955

Benegal,

 

Is that a running arrangement you have? Would be curious about getting something like that.

post #2102 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan88 View Post

Ordered my first pair of bespoke from Marquess on Monday. Excited!

 

Do not forget to post pics! Congrats!

post #2103 of 2955
Thread Starter 
Boot Black Booth @ Pitti Uomo





*
Freebies! Shoe cream, post cards, and Kit Kat Boot Black edition! (with dark chocolate?)

Columbus Facebook
post #2104 of 2955

il Quadrifoglio Trunk Show at Concierge de World Footwear Gallery

Jan17-19, 2014

Did you make a reservation?

 

post #2105 of 2955

Qnai's latest work.

il Quadrifoglio Bespoke Driving Chukka Boots

Photos from http://ilquadrifoglio.tumblr.com/

 

post #2106 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeMakers View Post

Qnai's latest work.
il Quadrifoglio Bespoke Driving Chukka Boots

Photos from http://ilquadrifoglio.tumblr.com/









Can I just ask how these shoes are siutable for driving? They doesnt look like they will handle manual gears well.
post #2107 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post


Can I just ask how these shoes are siutable for driving? They doesnt look like they will handle manual gears well.

That's right.

It doesn't really matter.

The majority of vehicles sold in Japan have an automatic transmission.

post #2108 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeMakers View Post

That's right.
It doesn't really matter.
The majority of vehicles sold in Japan have an automatic transmission.

I now drive a manual car and I do generally find dress shoes not practical for the transmission. Is there any bespoke shoemakers that can do the magic.

In my opinion, footwear for automatic cars doesnt matter too much for safety and performance reason.
post #2109 of 2955
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Can I just ask how these shoes are siutable for driving? They doesnt look like they will handle manual gears well.

The back portion slopes downward below the ankle for easier movement (for pressing gas/brake)
post #2110 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

I now drive a manual car and I do generally find dress shoes not practical for the transmission. Is there any bespoke shoemakers that can do the magic.

In my opinion, footwear for automatic cars doesnt matter too much for safety and performance reason.


What magic are you seeking? And what type of performance driving are you doing such that your dress shoes do not do the business?
Whatever you do on a daily basis can be done in dress shoes, manual or automatic. Are they the best? No.
But I do not see the manual causing much of a difference if you drove with your dress shoes in your automatic days.
Unless you are heel toeing while in traffic but then your beautiful shoes will be ruined.


Honestly, I think this question is a bit much.

If you want to do laps wear some racing boots or some similar type substitutes that I prefer.

For safety, the biggest issue with a shoe(and this can surely happen) is the gas and brake movement which applies to automatics.

Overall, while you are sitting in traffic or cruising an easy highway on a public road, if you don't mind the wear on your shoes, your Quadrifoglios will be suitable to get you from A to B
with the same 'performance'.
post #2111 of 2955
I generally find the sole of the dress shoe too stiff for little clutch movement. also the last of the shoe do make pressing weird sometimes.

Maybe from now on I should just get used to driving with dress shoes.

I should consult my maker on driving dress shoes, it is becuase I never thought of driving friendly features in dress shoes.

Sorry but the above comment is just rude.
post #2112 of 2955
Dress shoes are not made for driving. I thought this was obvious but you seemed to think there is some dress shoe you can take to do laps at Monza.
Especially since you mentioned 'performance' then I figured either you do some actual driving and should know better or you think the everyday slog through wherever
necessitates full gear, helmet, etc. In the latter case, I really would rather disabuse anyone of that notion.

Driving friendly features will turn your shoes less dressy, refined, etc.
At least if it is any significant mod.

The prettiest shoes will not be great for driving. Get over it.

Nothing to be sorry about, mate, haha. A bit rude, perhaps, but more that I feel the need to be direct when someone is off on a line that makes little functional sense and is not posed as a dream.

If you want the best of both worlds, you have a pair of driving shoes in your vehicle. Many people scoff at this due to the hassle. It is a hassle to clean your bum, too.
If it matters to you the effort is quite minimal.There is no hybrid monster that does both jobs at 95%.
post #2113 of 2955
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

I generally find the sole of the dress shoe too stiff for little clutch movement. also the last of the shoe do make pressing weird sometimes.

Maybe from now on I should just get used to driving with dress shoes.

I should consult my maker on driving dress shoes, it is becuase I never thought of driving friendly features in dress shoes.

For this commission, TYE Shoemaker was asked to make a pair of (correspondent) dress shoes for driving. He designed the shoes to accommodate a set of custom `driving shoe` insoles, while keeping the outside rather dressy (with a bevelled waisted leather sole). This could be an idea you may want to explore smile.gif

*


TYE Shoemaker blog
post #2114 of 2955
Thread Starter 
Punched Cap Oxfords by Yohei Fukuda





Fukuda san changes his box color every year, and for the year 2014, it is brown w/ green interior. The box is accompanied by brown tweed cloth & shoe bags.




Yohei Fukuda blog

I have heard that despite having expanded the workshop, Fukuda san is busy up to his neck and may soon stop taking new clients.
post #2115 of 2955
That's a decent round toe shape for someone with chisel toe house style...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread