or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread - Page 134

post #1996 of 2722
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiristol View Post

How does one acquire copies of Men's Ex in the US?

You can get a digital version from zinio, itunes etc....
post #1997 of 2722
Re: English guild bee cream...can you elaborate on the purpose/usage? It's not a simple cream & not a std polish. (I say this given the basic listed ingredients) The sales clerks at hankyu couldn't differentiate it

Thank you
post #1998 of 2722

Hi Nutcracker, Do you have a twitter account or something where you post these type of info as well? 

post #1999 of 2722
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imelda View Post

Re: English guild bee cream...can you elaborate on the purpose/usage? It's not a simple cream & not a std polish. (I say this given the basic listed ingredients) The sales clerks at hankyu couldn't differentiate it

Thank you

I`m pretty sure the English Guild Bees Rich Cream is a standard cream shoe polish, and should be used like one. For high polish, they have a separate mirror wax polish (in tin cans). While I`ve never bought or used it (I did smell it though), I assume the quality and performance are in line with the square Saphirs. Sorry I can`t really comment on the ingredients.

I`ve read some good reviews on it, here is one by Iijima san. He says the English Guild`s black polish has a similar bluish tint of an old Meltonian up til the early 90`s (which is good, I suppose).

As far as I know, English Guild offers consumer grade polishes (with their name on) only in Japan.

If you have time, you may want to visit the shoe maintenance store FANS @ Aoyama. The store is operated by R&D, the importer of English Guild polishes, so I assume their sales clerk/repairers are quite knowledgable on their own products.
post #2000 of 2722
At risk of going off topic, does anyone have experience with Ring Jacket MTM? I am sorely tempted to order one on my next visit, and would love to PM someone with some inside info...
post #2001 of 2722
Quote:
Originally Posted by The False Prophet View Post

At risk of going off topic, does anyone have experience with Ring Jacket MTM? I am sorely tempted to order one on my next visit, and would love to PM someone with some inside info...

 

Yes, PM ConradWu on this site...

 

David.

post #2002 of 2722
Thanks David.

I've talked to Conrad about getting RTW Ring Jacket, didn't know he'd gone MTM...
post #2003 of 2722
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The False Prophet View Post

At risk of going off topic, does anyone have experience with Ring Jacket MTM? I am sorely tempted to order one on my next visit, and would love to PM someone with some inside info...

FYI, Ring MTM costs significantly more (30% or so, if I recall correctly) than their RTW collection, and none of the 'Ring Exclusive' fabrics are available.
post #2004 of 2722
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeMakers View Post
 

Il Micio Di Hidetaka Fukaya

 

Take a 360° virtual tour of his workshop with google street view.

 

Photos from Google+

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2005 of 2722
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeMakers View Post

Photos from Google+





Il Micio has a wonderful (printed) catalog that used to be available @ Tie Your Tie. I would really love to get of a copy.....
post #2006 of 2722
Thread Starter 
Aside from Hide Fukaya, there are quite a few Japanese shoemakers currently working in Florence. Very few have taken steps to open their own shop (in Italy), and here is one.

La Calzolaia (Shoko Matsuoka)
Ms. Matsuoka did her apprenticeship at Maninna, and opened her store earlier this year.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100





from The Journal of Style
and Kutsumigaki Honpo Blog
post #2007 of 2722
Thread Starter 
With End of Year parties coming up, local shoeshiners are the busiest this time of the year.


Brift H, currently with 100 pairs on backorder, waiting to be polished.

Brift H blog
post #2008 of 2722
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

With End of Year parties coming up, local shoeshiners are the busiest this time of the year.


Brift H, currently with 100 pairs on backorder, waiting to be polished.

Brift H blog

wowsers!
post #2009 of 2722
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Aside from Hide Fukaya, there are quite a few Japanese shoemakers currently working in Florence. Very few have taken steps to open their own shop (in Italy), and here is one.

La Calzolaia (Shoko Matsuoka)
Ms. Matsuoka did her apprenticeship at Maninna, and opened her store earlier this year.



from The Journal of Style
and Kutsumigaki Honpo Blog

She has good taste!

post #2010 of 2722

YUKI SHIRAHAMA BOTTIER

 

Bespoke Punched Cap Toe Oxford

 

Photos from L'ANTICO GUARDAROBA

*

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread