or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread - Page 126

post #1876 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeMakers View Post
 

il Quadrifoglio Trunk Show at Hankyu Nishinomiya, JAPAN

November 23rd-24th 2013

 
 

 

 

 

The navy ones in the far right... WOW! Do you have more of them? 

 

The green ones before the navy... also WOW!

post #1877 of 2750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit50 View Post


BespokeMakers: Pricing of Quadrifoglio? While I got my United Nations bit on(Japanese, English and Italiano on the site) I did not see any numbers which I expected though missing them
is entirely possible.

fing02[1].gif
Il Quadrifoglio bespoke starts from ¥231,000 yen ($2300 USD) or so from the trunk shows. A smidgen cheaper if ordered direct at their Kobe atelier. An awesome deal. IMO.

Very few shoemakers outside Tokyo charge over ¥300K yen ($3000 USD) for bespoke shoes. I can only think of Koji Suzuki (Spigola), who charges a bit over ¥300K yen for his bespoke, up from only ¥170K when he just started a decade ago.
post #1878 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

fing02[1].gif
Il Quadrifoglio bespoke starts from ¥231,000 yen ($2300 USD) or so from the trunk shows. A smidgen cheaper if ordered direct at their Kobe atelier. An awesome deal. IMO.

Very few shoemakers outside Tokyo charge over ¥300K yen ($3000 USD) for bespoke shoes. I can only think of Koji Suzuki (Spigola), who charges a bit over ¥300K yen for his bespoke, up from only ¥170K when he just started a decade ago.

Man. So cheap. It really puts the pricing of English makers into perspective.
post #1879 of 2750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

Man. So cheap. It really puts the pricing of English makers into perspective.

Yes indeed, but one of these Latin-trained shoemakers told me he puts the pricing of Italian bespoke shoes more into consideration (which comparatively cost less than English shoes)
post #1880 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

fing02[1].gif

The history of the shoe culture may not be as long (a mere 140 years), but today there are probably more bespoke shoe businesses operating in Japan than anywhere else in the world. The depth of talent is quite extraordinary (don't need to understand the language to see that)!, and they"re finally getting some well deserved recognition from the outside world (GQ, Robb Report etc... to our favorite fashion portal KEIKARI)
smile.gif

Yet the USA struggles to maintain even a RTW shoe industry with 2x the population?
post #1881 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post


Yet the USA struggles to maintain even a RTW shoe industry with 2x the population?

 

2.5x.  And we have the innovations of Nike, Underarmour and Lululemon!!!

 

Majorities of Japanese companies still require suit and tie as the uniform so the demand for menswear is still high.

post #1882 of 2750
I think the formality of the workplace in the USA is dropping, while Japan still adheres to the business suit and tie. Thus, more demand, and more interest in specialized shoes.
post #1883 of 2750
I've written so before, but here it goes again: I feel Japanese cordwainers have surpassed their English and Italian teachers. There is so much fine health to be pulled from these chiseled, contoured, through-and-through finished pieces. Based on photos alone, my favourite in Japan is Marquess whose chiseled toe is finer than what I've seen on some Tuczeks.

Why buy a Rembrandt you can only ogle at home when you can invest in a pair of Marquess, which will walk with you anywhere you go?
post #1884 of 2750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

I've written so before, but here it goes again: I feel Japanese cordwainers have surpassed their English and Italian teachers. There is so much fine health to be pulled from these chiseled, contoured, through-and-through finished pieces. Based on photos alone, my favourite in Japan is Marquess whose chiseled toe is finer than what I've seen on some Tuczeks.

Why buy a Rembrandt you can only ogle at home when you can invest in a pair of Marquess, which will walk with you anywhere you go?

I think the level of craftsmanship (and also aesthetics) among Japanese cordwainers is undoubtedly high, and some (yes, Marquess) are truly exceptional. Yet I still think the Japanese have a lot to learn from their successful English (and also continental) senior counterparts. Taking extra time to make beautiful shoes by oneself is one thing, but being able to translate that into sustainable (and growing/successful) business is another, and arguably as difficult.
post #1885 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post


fing02[1].gif
Il Quadrifoglio bespoke starts from ¥231,000 yen ($2300 USD) or so from the trunk shows. A smidgen cheaper if ordered direct at their Kobe atelier. An awesome deal. IMO.

Very few shoemakers outside Tokyo charge over ¥300K yen ($3000 USD) for bespoke shoes. I can only think of Koji Suzuki (Spigola), who charges a bit over ¥300K yen for his bespoke, up from only ¥170K when he just started a decade ago.

NC,Thank you for your help.

post #1886 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
 

 

The navy ones in the far right... WOW! Do you have more of them? 

 

The green ones before the navy... also WOW!

 Betelgeuse,I agree.

 Would you like to see more shoes? 

 Please use this as reference.

 http://ilquadrifoglio.tumblr.com/

 

post #1887 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post
 

 

2.5x.  And we have the innovations of Nike, Underarmour and Lululemon!!!

 

Lululemon is Canadian, thanks very much! Woo-hoo, go Canada!

 

(err, actually Canada has approximately one bespoke shoemaker that I know of...)

post #1888 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post


fing02[1].gif
Il Quadrifoglio bespoke starts from ¥231,000 yen ($2300 USD) or so from the trunk shows. A smidgen cheaper if ordered direct at their Kobe atelier. An awesome deal. IMO.

Very few shoemakers outside Tokyo charge over ¥300K yen ($3000 USD) for bespoke shoes. I can only think of Koji Suzuki (Spigola), who charges a bit over ¥300K yen for his bespoke, up from only ¥170K when he just started a decade ago.

 

Hi NC,

If i'm not mistaken you made bespoke with Il Quadrifoglio at their trunk show right?

Do you have several fittings with them? or did they send you the trial shoes?

Thanks

post #1889 of 2750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzkeren View Post

Hi NC,
If i'm not mistaken you made bespoke with Il Quadrifoglio at their trunk show right?
Do you have several fittings with them? or did they send you the trial shoes?
Thanks

Yes they have one fitting session with trial shoes, I did it on location at the World Footwear Gallery (where they host the show)
post #1890 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeMakers View Post
 

 Betelgeuse,I agree.

 Would you like to see more shoes? 

 Please use this as reference.

 http://ilquadrifoglio.tumblr.com/

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

I am drooling, seriously. 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread