or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread - Page 115

post #1711 of 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Trading Post Originals are made by Central Shoes in Tokyo. The lasts were developed jointly by Trading Post and Central, and apparently they are inspired/modelled after English bespoke samples to look and fit as authentic as possible. The leathers are sourced from Italy.

Central Shoes makes Goodyear welted shoes in various price points (to their clients' needs), and I've only heard good words about them. Central also makes for Corno Blu, Sanyo Yamacho, and they also have their own collection (with their namesake) sold at the World Footwear Gallery. They are all a bit more expensive (vs TP Originals).

 

 

Thanks, nutcracker. I now recall the sales lady also saying that their leather is sourced from Italy (but the shoes are made in Japan). She actually said that the craftsmanship involved in making their shoes are much better than most shoes in the same price point (US$400~). According to her, they are also fully recraftable (for about $130).

 

I'm going back to the store this weekend and would most likely get a pair. Hopefully their lasts fit me well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Pics when you do.

 

Yup, definitely! :cheers:

post #1712 of 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post


Pics when you do.

 

I just remembered that I managed to get a picture during my last visit -- although it's a bit dark. Will try to take better ones this weekend.

 

post #1713 of 3022
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmx3 View Post


Thanks, nutcracker. I now recall the sales lady also saying that their leather is sourced from Italy (but the shoes are made in Japan). She actually said that the craftsmanship involved in making their shoes are much better than most shoes in the same price point (US$400~). According to her, they are also fully recraftable (for about $130).

I'm going back to the store this weekend and would most likely get a pair. Hopefully their lasts fit me well.


Yup, definitely! cheers.gif

Nice! I've also heard that they are excellent for the price. Hopefully they will fit you well!

Is it the Trading Post Aoyama you went to? I recall they have some Dimitri Gomez and Besteti Handgrades in the store... worth to check them out!!
post #1714 of 3022
Thread Starter 
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v70), quality = 75

More Japanese shoes in French!! Atlantico via Parisan Gentleman

Would have been interesting if they had sought out some Japanese shoemakers trained in France (or are still currently in France)
post #1715 of 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post





Trading Post Originals are made by Central Shoes in Tokyo. The lasts were developed jointly by Trading Post and Central, and apparently they are inspired/modelled after English bespoke samples to look and fit as authentic as possible. The leathers are sourced from Italy.

Central Shoes makes Goodyear welted shoes in various price points (to their clients' needs), and I've only heard good words about them. Central also makes for Corno Blu, Sanyo Yamacho, and they also have their own collection (with their namesake) sold at the World Footwear Gallery. They are all a bit more expensive (vs TP Originals).

Thanks nc
post #1716 of 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmx3 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Pics when you do.

I just remembered that I managed to get a picture during my last visit -- although it's a bit dark. Will try to take better ones this weekend.



Yeah I've seen them irl, been tempted, they look very nice and good value.
post #1717 of 3022
Thread Starter 
Hiroshi Arai Trunk Show @ World Footwear Gallery 10/5~10/15

Hiroshi Arai is the mastermind behind the excellent Miyagi Kogyo RTW collection, also available in WFG. He launched his own MTO collection a couple of years ago, which are also made at the Miyagi Kogyo factory. Priced generously from ¥43,000 yen or so ($440). Available in a comprehensive lineup of lasts, models, materials, soles, and sizes, they are certainly some of the better MTO deals available in Japan, IMO.

Some of the more interesting MTO ideas:


Patine finishes are offered by the shoe colorist Yusche Ito, formerly from Corthay Paris.


Plaintoes in Blue Cordovan by Shinki Hikaku. Cordovans are ¥31500 extra.


Plaintoes in d.brown sealskin. Sealskins are ¥16,800 extra


Plaintoes in grey elephant hide, a ¥31,500 option. Not as expensive as I thought.


Saddle shoes in Red Cordovan by Shinki Hikaku.


Chukka in green Camelhide. Has a wonderful, consistent texture. No extra charge.


Sidelaces, patinated by Yusche Ito.


Brogues in Horween Chromexel and C.F.Stead Suede combo


Among my favorites. Penny loafer (also happens to be the same exact model/last as the Miyagi Kogyo RTW offering)

World Footwear Gallery
H-Arai homepage
post #1718 of 3022
Bottega Tramoda. Daikanyama
post #1719 of 3022
post #1720 of 3022
post #1721 of 3022

Cross-posting from the Cap toe thread.

 

Black cap toes from the Original Collection of the Trading Post

 

 

 

Fit pic (Click to show)
post #1722 of 3022
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmx3 View Post

Cross-posting from the Cap toe thread.

Black cap toes from the Original Collection of the Trading Post




Fit pic (Click to show)

Nice! Love that classic egg toes!! Wear in good health!

I never imagined seeing Jo S A Bank trees in Japan biggrin.gif
post #1723 of 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Nice! Love that classic egg toes!! Wear in good health!

I never imagined seeing Jo S A Bank trees in Japan biggrin.gif

 

 

Thanks, NC. Appreciate all the info you provided on the brand too.

 

And yeah, I had all my JAB trees sent here in a box when I came back last year.  :rotflmao:

post #1724 of 3022
Thread Starter 
The 2nd annual Tokyo Shoes Expo, the largest of its kind in Japan (80 manufacturers this year), just finished today. I was fortunately invited to attend, thanks to the folks at Kamioka.


Tokyo Big Site convention hall

AppleMark
The shoes show was part of a larger Fashion World Tokyo 2013 Autumn show (with 400+ exhibitors)

AppleMark
Kamioka's Ingenuity/Shinsho Booth. Busy around the clock.

AppleMark
Kamioka / Turnright is better known as an OEM manufacturer of premium GYW shoes.

AppleMark
A master shoemaker from Taiwan on demonstration.

AppleMark
Norvegese, double colors


Sample shoes in Norvegese stitching. Sleek and robust.


Multilayered threads in black and white.

Many thanks to the folks @ Kamioka
Edited by nutcracker - 10/11/13 at 4:51am
post #1725 of 3022
nutcracker thank you so much for running this thread so far. its thoroughly impressive and a pleasure to read
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread