or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread - Page 104

post #1546 of 2750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by barky View Post


Interesting.  Do you happen to have any photo of a seasoned Shinki cordo shoes to see how the patina developed?

Warmcrafts Manuacturer`s workboots in Shinki`s Cordovan

in New Condition




after 2 years





Sure the lighting is different, but I think it ages quite spectacularly.... smile.gif

from M`s `Editor`s Blog`
post #1547 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post


Warmcrafts Manuacturer`s workboots in Shinki`s Cordovan

after 2 years
Sure the lighting is different, but I think it ages quite spectacularly.... smile.gif

from M`s `Editor`s Blog`

 

Yeah, real nice.  Thanks NC.   

post #1548 of 2750
Thread Starter 
*
Roberto Ugolini and Atsushi Qnai


a nice photo I found from:
Il Quadrifoglio tumblr
post #1549 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by barky View Post


Interesting.  Do you happen to have any photo of a seasoned Shinki cordo shoes to see how the patina developed?

Warmcrafts Manuacturer`s workboots in Shinki`s Cordovan

in New Condition




after 2 years





Sure the lighting is different, but I think it ages quite spectacularly.... smile.gif

from M`s `Editor`s Blog`

Those boots aged beautifully! Do you know any online stores that sell Shinki Cordovan? 

post #1550 of 2750
Thread Starter 
Another lovely pair of Miyagi Kogyo shoes, new for the Fall Season. Available @ World Footwear Gallery

U-Tip Derby in Antique Light Brown






WFG
post #1551 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Lee View Post

Those boots aged beautifully! Do you know any online stores that sell Shinki Cordovan? 


WFG has them,

have touched them and that cordovan colour is amazing. looks better than from the picture

post #1552 of 2750
Those workboots, there's something fishy going on with them -- the cap shouldn't bend like that.
post #1553 of 2750

maybe because of excessive work that involves squat?

post #1554 of 2750
Judging from the deep horizontal crease close to the lacing, my guess is the boots simply are a good size too big for their wearer's feet.
post #1555 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzkeren View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Lee View Post

Those boots aged beautifully! Do you know any online stores that sell Shinki Cordovan? 


WFG has them,

have touched them and that cordovan colour is amazing. looks better than from the picture

WFG? Would I be able to order 2 sheets through them? 

post #1556 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Lee View Post

WFG? Would I be able to order 2 sheets through them? 


oh do you mean THE leather, i think your best shot is to contact shinki hikaku directly

post #1557 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Judging from the deep horizontal crease close to the lacing, my guess is the boots simply are a good size too big for their wearer's feet.
1.5 sizes too big.
post #1558 of 2750
Nutcracker, I've been reading and made a small pictorial contribution, to this thread and have to thank you for the great work! Is there a short list of the shoe makers and their locations so I could plan a visit? I don't want to get you out of your way with anything formal, but a few of the major ones would be appreciated. Thanks!
post #1559 of 2750
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post

Nutcracker, I've been reading and made a small pictorial contribution, to this thread and have to thank you for the great work! Is there a short list of the shoe makers and their locations so I could plan a visit? I don't want to get you out of your way with anything formal, but a few of the major ones would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yeah its great to have a fellow Tokyo resident here on the thread! Thanks for your kind words!

I looked up the address for the following shoemakers who I think you will have fun visiting. They each have a showroom /workshop with sizable collection of sample bespokes to show. You can also find more info on their websites (you can find them on the 1st post). Most of them require an appointment for a visit.

Clematis
Chuo-ku Ginza 1-27-12 Ginza Watanabe Building 2F
TEL: 03-3563-8200

Guild of Crafts Ginza
Chuo-ku Ginza 1-3-3 Toa Building 1F
TEL: 03-3563-1192

Hiro Yanagimachi
Shibuya-ku Sendagaya 2-6-1 Estoriru 93 2F
TEL: 03-6383-1992

o.e.
Sumida-ku Higashi Komagata 4-16-5 Kurihara Building 1F
TEL: 03-3625-5528

Yohei Fukuda
Minato-ku Kita Aoyama 2-12-27
TEL: 03-6804-6979

Other Tokyo based shoemakers, such as Marquess, Emori, or TYE, don`t have showrooms or sizable stock of samples to show (but you can contact them to see their workshop).

edit: End of the month is usually crunch time for shoemakers, so I would avoid visiting them during the period.
Edited by nutcracker - 8/22/13 at 7:51pm
post #1560 of 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Another lovely pair of Miyagi Kogyo shoes, new for the Fall Season. Available @ World Footwear Gallery

U-Tip Derby in Antique Light Brown

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




 

WFG

These are great, do you know where I can buy it online?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread