or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread - Page 87

post #1291 of 3025
Thread Starter 
Our friend Bespoke Makers really knows how to take amazing photos.... worship2.gif

Corno Blu RTW Lazyman Shoes


via Bespoke Makers
post #1292 of 3025
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Yep great deal.

Actually my wife bought them, she said almost all of the smaller sizes were sold out.
You're a lucky man!

Troof that.
post #1293 of 3025
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Our friend Bespoke Makers really knows how to take amazing photos.... worship2.gif

Corno Blu RTW Lazyman Shoes


via Bespoke Makers

How much!

edit: I guess mainly in comparison to George Cleverly's Churchill...
post #1294 of 3025
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

How much!

edit: I guess mainly in comparison to George Cleverly's Churchill...

I recall Corno Blu shoes costing ¥59,900 ($590) for RTW, ¥69,000 ($690) for MTO, and ¥89,000 ($890) for full scratch MTO. I'm not exactly sure how much those lazyman's are
perhaps Bespoke Makers know...
post #1295 of 3025
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post


I recall Corno Blu shoes costing ¥59,900 ($590) for RTW, ¥69,000 ($690) for MTO, and ¥89,000 ($890) for full scratch MTO. I'm not exactly sure how much those lazyman's are
perhaps Bespoke Makers know...

Thanks N-C!

These shoes are MTO,approx.¥76,000.

additional cost for Annonay calf: ¥5,000, leather laces: ¥2,000.

post #1296 of 3025
Wow very reasonable, this in a chestnut brown would be great...
post #1297 of 3025
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

Wow very reasonable, this in a chestnut brown would be great...

If they're MTO, then I see why not.

These are my pics I took from before. The soles are finished quite nicely too





post #1298 of 3025
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

If they're MTO, then I see why not.

These are my pics I took from before. The soles are finished quite nicely too






I really need someone to proxy this for me
post #1299 of 3025
This is amazing Nutcracker. I'm planning to return to Japan to visit some family later this year. Care to meet up? I would be honoured to have you come with me for some fittings.
post #1300 of 3025
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazou View Post

This is amazing Nutcracker. I'm planning to return to Japan to visit some family later this year. Care to meet up? I would be honoured to have you come with me for some fittings.

Sure, I live in Tokyo, so feel free to contact me (PM) once you're here fing02[1].gif
post #1301 of 3025

Guys, I have a very simple question. 

 

Where do you meet/see those guys with order made shoes? Or, what type of clients do those high-end ateliers have? I do not claim to know everyone in Tokyo or look at everyone shoes, but you could very rarely see good quality shoes without rubber soil and made of true leather. I am not sure about the correct term but 90% of the shoes seem to be made of rubber resembling leather. My line of work involves at least three or four meetings with clients per week, sometimes ten or more, and not that I stare all the time at their footwear or ask them where they get their shoes, but rarely I see a shoe with leather soil. Sometimes we meet the owners or CEOs of companies and rarely anyone with great looking shoes, as wll. 

True, I do not socialize with talentos or celebrities, but I know several what is called here magazine models and they are rarely greatly dressed, largely slaves of the major brands. 

 

For me, currently, it won't be sensible to buy anything at those rates - 200,000 plus, but since I have a very wide foot, it's hard for me to find anything ready-made that suits, so I am using MTM shoes. I go currently to a place called Betty's in Yokohama http://www.bettys-0707.com/ Approx. 30,000 JPY for normal derbys with captoes. 35,000 plus for boots. Overall, I am satisfied with the quality and people ask me from time to time where I have bought them. In the past, I have used this place as well http://www.tk4192.com/ - but is a bit expensive for me and I was not so much satisfied with the product. - 60,000 or so for shoes. 

post #1302 of 3025

To dear Mr.Nutcracker,

 

I thought it will be nice if there's some reports about the scene of shoe shining store/boutique in Tokyo. I saw that the number of stores growing each time, from Brift H to Kutty & Shoe Shine Tokyo (Not to mention Maestro or other countless non-boutique/person shoe shine service). 

If we have more & more bespoke shoes in the future, of course we need a better choice of shoe shining specialist IMO. If you don't mind to visit them of course smile.gif

 

Sincerely

post #1303 of 3025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelotonia View Post

Guys, I have a very simple question. 

Where do you meet/see those guys with order made shoes? Or, what type of clients do those high-end ateliers have? I do not claim to know everyone in Tokyo or look at everyone shoes, but you could very rarely see good quality shoes without rubber soil and made of true leather. I am not sure about the correct term but 90% of the shoes seem to be made of rubber resembling leather. My line of work involves at least three or four meetings with clients per week, sometimes ten or more, and not that I stare all the time at their footwear or ask them where they get their shoes, but rarely I see a shoe with leather soil. Sometimes we meet the owners or CEOs of companies and rarely anyone with great looking shoes, as wll. 
True, I do not socialize with talentos or celebrities, but I know several what is called here magazine models and they are rarely greatly dressed, largely slaves of the major brands. 

For me, currently, it won't be sensible to buy anything at those rates - 200,000 plus, but since I have a very wide foot, it's hard for me to find anything ready-made that suits, so I am using MTM shoes. I go currently to a place called Betty's in Yokohama http://www.bettys-0707.com/ Approx. 30,000 JPY for normal derbys with captoes. 35,000 plus for boots. Overall, I am satisfied with the quality and people ask me from time to time where I have bought them. In the past, I have used this place as well http://www.tk4192.com/ - but is a bit expensive for me and I was not so much satisfied with the product. - 60,000 or so for shoes. 


Betty's are fitters for Miyagi Kogyo MTO shoes and boots. I have the same problem as you and I have found that they are the best value shoes in this price range in Japan, especially if your shoe size is 27.5 and wide or greater, If your size is 27 or less then you have more options. Regal shoes make decent RTW shoes that run slightly larger than most others and they have EE EEE widths, but in the 30K ~ 40K range they are not as nice as Miyagi Kogyo, and they won't fit as well. That is not saying they are not good shoes, I have a pair of regal split toes and I like them very much, they are nothing special though.
Edited by Fang66 - 7/7/13 at 1:39am
post #1304 of 3025
..
Edited by Fang66 - 7/7/13 at 1:39am
post #1305 of 3025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post


3 pairs biotches.

Thanks for the tip nc.



 

man i envy you, i tried to proxy back then,

within 15 mins size 42 already sold out

such luck  baldy[1].gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread