or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread - Page 78

post #1156 of 2918
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Where's your G&G bespoke black quarter brogue Oxford?

Oh, I'm not selling it that! lol8[1].gif
post #1157 of 2918
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post


Actually, I've sold quite a lot of my shoes when I moved to Japan. You won't believe how much you can get for an used Alden here in Japan. I recall selling my 3 yrs old Alden in shell for close to $600 USD. Pretty much got my full refund there lol8[1].gif

 

NC, I am disappointed your selling a wonderfull collection, thought you was a shoe-o-phile like me :-)
post #1158 of 2918

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Shoe Shine @ Brift H

AppleMark
 

Amazing!

These shoes are a masterpiece of il Quadrifoglio.

post #1159 of 2918

Spigola Trunk Show@The Armoury, Hong Kong

July 5 & 6,2013

 

Photo by: ethandesu

 

post #1160 of 2918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

Stuff from: Hiro Yanagimachi


I have been looking for boot like this.
post #1161 of 2918
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

NC, I am disappointed your selling a wonderfull collection, thought you was a shoe-o-phile like me :-)

Your collection is lightyears ahead from my puny one (and in fact from most SFers) smile.gif
I'm trying to trim down my RTW shoes to the ones that fits my puny feet (I wear a B width if available). Or something that's more personal, like a pair of 30+yrs old JLP passed down from my dad (and resized to fit me)
post #1162 of 2918
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeMakers View Post

Amazing!
These shoes are a masterpiece of il Quadrifoglio.

Thanks B-M! I must say they look even better with a high shine. My iphone photos don't do them justice.
post #1163 of 2918
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

I have been looking for boot like this.

Here's some more pics of those Hiro Yanagimachi boots

AppleMark
AppleMark
post #1164 of 2918
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Your collection is lightyears ahead from my puny one (and in fact from most SFers) smile.gif
I'm trying to trim down my RTW shoes to the ones that fits my puny feet (I wear a B width if available). Or something that's more personal, like a pair of 30+yrs old JLP passed down from my dad (and resized to fit me)

we need photos of the jlp
post #1165 of 2918
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

we need photos of the jlp

nothing fancy, just an old JLP RTW loafer called Romeo (discontinued a long time ago) smile.gif
post #1166 of 2918
Nutcracker,

I just want to thank you for all the work you put in this and other threads especially taking time to translate some of the articles. Thank you. I want to visit that beautiful land again so I will dedicate some time exploring sartorial world.

PS. I owe you a drink.
post #1167 of 2918
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Nutcracker,

I just want to thank you for all the work you put in this and other threads especially taking time to translate some of the articles. Thank you. I want to visit that beautiful land again so I will dedicate some time exploring sartorial world.

PS. I owe you a drink.

Glad you enjoyed the articles fing02[1].gif

and you're right, while we only discuss about shoes here, there are also tons to explore in the sartorial world of Japan
post #1168 of 2918
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

nothing fancy, just an old JLP RTW loafer called Romeo (discontinued a long time ago) smile.gif

Photos still!
post #1169 of 2918
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

Photos still!

Here you go smile.gif


JLP Romeo, from 30 yrs ago or so. Blake constructed, not sure if they are made in Italy. Old and moldy, I first gave them a good cleaning.


The old John Lobb Paris logo


I acquired a pair of genuine JL sock sheets from my local JL boutique, and had the folks at Rifare, Tokyo, construct a custom insole to resize the shoes (down 1 full size)


The underside: A thick sheet of foam is attached and shaped


The socks fit perfectly. Even better, the once baggy loafers fit quite snuggly now. smile.gif
post #1170 of 2918
Thread Starter 
*

From 2013AW Tomorrowland collection, Hidetaka Fukaya's double monk shoes with antique buckles.

LAST Magazine FB
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread