or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoes with Navy Houndstooth Three Piece Suit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoes with Navy Houndstooth Three Piece Suit

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Hi everyone, this is my first post but I'm after some advice. I'm getting married in June and I am in the process of getting a navy houndstooth suit made but wanted to know if tan shoes would work; or do I play it safe with black? My Ushers are all in Navy suits with tan shoes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Ben
post #2 of 11
What do you mean with navy houndstooth? Navy/white or navy/black?
post #3 of 11

Navy suit, tan shoes - not my fave combo.  I'd go with oxblood, bordeaux, dark brown, medium brown, black and navy shoes over tan with a navy suit.

 

Tan does have its fans, though.

post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerC View Post

What do you mean with navy houndstooth? Navy/white or navy/black?

It's a Navy/White houndstooth.. I think I'll look silly with black when all my Ushers are in full navy with tan. I know that there are some more traditional people here who are not in favour of navy and tan but I am going for the Italiana which I think will look good seeing as its a summer wedding.

post #5 of 11
Well if you think black would look silly and tan would look good, you have conclusively answered your own question.
post #6 of 11
I have a black and white hounds-tooth three piece and would only wear black shoes with it. If with your blue and white you do not want black, oxblood or dark brown would in my opinion be better than tan but you may think differently
post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Well if you think black would look silly and tan would look good, you have conclusively answered your own question.
It's not that I think black would look silly with the suit it's just when next to the Ushers who'll be wearing tan I might look a little out of place. I'm going to the Tailors on Saturday so I'll take some tan and black shoes along for the final decision..

Thanks for all your comments so far gents; I'll let you know how I get on.
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by culverwood View Post

I have a black and white hounds-tooth three piece and would only wear black shoes with it. If with your blue and white you do not want black, oxblood or dark brown would in my opinion be better than tan but you may think differently
An option could be dark brown then the brown theme would continue through.. I know the shoes I've been looking at come in all colours mentioned so I'll have to see what's best. Thanks.
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben0831 View Post

It's not that I think black would look silly with the suit it's just when next to the Ushers who'll be wearing tan I might look a little out of place. I'm going to the Tailors on Saturday so I'll take some tan and black shoes along for the final decision..

Thanks for all your comments so far gents; I'll let you know how I get on.

Congrats on the wedding. Why are your ushers wearing tan? And, you don't have to match them / continue a theme if you don't wish to. You're the groom; nobody will care that you don't look like an usher.
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

Congrats on the wedding. Why are your ushers wearing tan? And, you don't have to match them / continue a theme if you don't wish to. You're the groom; nobody will care that you don't look like an usher.
Firstly thanks Archibald for the congrats.. I decided that because it was the summer they should wear something a little brighter. As you said I don't have to wear tan to follow a theme and since I'm the groom I should be able to wear what I want without matching anyone. Like I said in my previous post I'll be taking a trip to the tailors on Saturday with several different colour shoes to try and match them up to the suit... I'll let you all know what I decide on.. I know the shoes I'm getting and they do them in all the colours suggested so at least the shoe style remains the same..
post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 
Well I went for my first fit on Saturday and took numerous shoes of different shapes and colours with me to establish what would work best and I've decided to go with black but more accurately a pair of black Jeffery West Brilleaux Gibson which will look amazing!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoes with Navy Houndstooth Three Piece Suit