or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Singled Vented Tuxedo - Yes / No?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Singled Vented Tuxedo - Yes / No? - Page 2

post #16 of 35
Thread Starter 

To be fair I do like single vents more than no vents. Its easier to wear and I personally feel it drapes better. More comfortable to sit in too. That said, we do have plenty of occassions to show off sartorial flair and I really dont want to disregard the rules for black tie, seeing how it's one of the only few occassions where fixed rules still govern dressing.


However I'm really only going to go for slim shawl lapels / Peak lapels. The normal 'average' sized shawl tuxedos look really weird on me, Im a very small guy at 5"6, 8.2 stone.

 

In any case, I just discovered that for that particular tuxedo set, the matching trousers are out in my size -_-'

 

Might end up going for

 

 

 

Instead....

post #17 of 35
Yeah, slim is really stylish right about now. I'm feeling things might start tilting the other way, but we're definitely not there yet and you're safe going with slim.

Single vents also make it easier to dance. Unless you have a really flat ass, you'll need a vent so the jacket doesn't bunch up. People can make up whatever rules they want, but that's a fact. You don't want a bunched-up jacket when you're dressed to the nines.
post #18 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Yeah, slim is really stylish right about now. I'm feeling things might start tilting the other way, but we're definitely not there yet and you're safe going with slim.

Single vents also make it easier to dance. Unless you have a really flat ass, you'll need a vent so the jacket doesn't bunch up. People can make up whatever rules they want, but that's a fact. You don't want a bunched-up jacket when you're dressed to the nines.

I give the trolling on this one an 8/10 but the advice a 1/10, and that's being generous.
post #19 of 35
Damn. I feel like I'm in Bizarro Style Forum.
post #20 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

I give the trolling on this one an 8/10 but the advice a 1/10, and that's being generous.

You don't agree that a bunched-up jacket is unstylish? Some bunching at the waist is okay because it just means the jacket fits really well, but over your ass? That's not flattering at all.
post #21 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

....

My two cents. If you like the tuxedo, get the vent sewn shut. Tuck in the flaps. Problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

This is groupthink nonsense. Tuxedos have been made in many iterations, including with single vents. Who are you to say which iterations are right or wrong? If one prefers single vents, it's his business and perfectly okay. The same goes for long ties and shoes you say are "wrong for black tie." Everyone has their own preferences.

Which part of the bolded language did you miss?
post #22 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

You don't agree that a bunched-up jacket is unstylish? Some bunching at the waist is okay because it just means the jacket fits really well, but over your ass? That's not flattering at all.

My ventless tuxedo fits fine and does not have any problematic bunching.
post #23 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post


Which part of the bolded language did you miss?

Mafoofan is playing relativist troll. I hope he gets bored with it soon as its rather tiresome. He's not clueless enough to pull it off.
post #24 of 35
April Fools Foo? Account hack? confused.gif
post #25 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post


Which part of the bolded language did you miss?

I saw it. I just think your forceful language is uncalled for. You tell him he should get the vent closed, but there is nothing wrong with having a vent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

My ventless tuxedo fits fine and does not have any problematic bunching.

You might not realize you're bunching up. Next time, ask your date to check for you. If that's too embarrassing, take a moment to check yourself in the restroom. Rear end bunching is extremely unflattering, but sadly, the wearer is usually the last one to notice it.
post #26 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

I saw it. I just think your forceful language is uncalled for. You tell him he should get the vent closed, but there is nothing wrong with having a vent.
You might not realize you're bunching up. Next time, ask your date to check for you. If that's too embarrassing, take a moment to check yourself in the restroom. Rear end bunching is extremely unflattering, but sadly, the wearer is usually the last one to notice it.

I'm only feeding the troll because it's foo.gif on a bizarre hiatus and I kind of want to see how long he keeps this up. I can assure that neither myself, my date nor anyone else had any issue with my tuxedo. IIRC, your Rubinacci is ventless as well. Do you have buyer's remorse?
post #27 of 35
I did have a ventless tuxedo jacket, but I had my alterations tailor add a vent to it. No more bunching!
post #28 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

I did have a ventless tuxedo jacket, but I had my alterations tailor add a vent to it. No more bunching!

Pics or I call BS.
post #29 of 35
I thought bunching was SF approved.
post #30 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie View Post

I thought bunching was SF approved.

rotflmao.gif

Well played, sir. Well played.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Singled Vented Tuxedo - Yes / No?