or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Briefcase porn thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Briefcase porn thread - Page 61

post #901 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post


Hate is a bit strong, no? Little 9 yr old niece surprise snapped the pic when I came home, its not very clear of the briefcase... but its quite functional - I do not like bags with straps as they perturb the fall of my suits... I am not a fan of square handles either... makes it difficult...


Maybe, just being honest. And you have a Casino Royale body man, I hope I have that fit someday :P

post #902 of 1922
haha my friend I was joking about the hate comment, honesty is good... and thx - people are not very big into fitness or lifting here in paris my tailor always complains for 5 minutes when I need something done.. then marvels at how great he makes my suits look for 10 minutes after he is done...
post #903 of 1922
Using this one these days; from United Arrows (Japanese brand.) Leather type is similar to LV Taiga... a grained calf that keeps its shape. As I've discussed before, best thing about Japan is its domestic bang-for-buck brands... for $300-$500 in Japan you can get a hell of a nice case (comparatively.) Note the April in Paris tote in the background (haha)

261
post #904 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post

Using this one these days; from United Arrows (Japanese brand.) Leather type is similar to LV Taiga... a grained calf that keeps its shape. As I've discussed before, best thing about Japan is its domestic bang-for-buck brands... for $300-$500 in Japan you can get a hell of a nice case (comparatively.) Note the April in Paris tote in the background (haha)
261

Not bad, although it looks more like a carry on bag for an airplane than a suitable business bag
post #905 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Not bad, although it looks more like a carry on bag for an airplane than a suitable business bag

I'm not a good photographer; maybe the pic makes it look bigger than it is, but it's standard business size attache and much smaller than a carry-on, similar to the Delvaux or other top-handled cases pictures often on this thread.
post #906 of 1922
Can a SAB Whitehall fit a 13" laptop?
post #907 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

Can a SAB Whitehall fit a 13" laptop?

The Westminster SS can. Perhaps you can compare the dimensions.
post #908 of 1922
Has anyone bought a Bally briefcase? Quality, as in comparable to Dunhill and SAB? Are they made in Switzerland? The website doesn't say...
post #909 of 1922
Switzerland and I also had an older attaché that was made in Italy.
Decent bang for the cost ( not at full retail though IMHO).
post #910 of 1922

Hey, I dont know if your willing to part with it, but Im trying to get a bag just like the vintage flapover for some time now. If your willing to sell it I would love to make an offer.

 

EDIT:  Don't know where this came from.  I definitely didn't post it.


Edited by Therendition - 4/22/12 at 8:09pm
post #911 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Has anyone bought a Bally briefcase? Quality, as in comparable to Dunhill and SAB? Are they made in Switzerland? The website doesn't say...

I have a bally briefcase, but I wouldn't put it up there with SAB or dunhill. Its not a bad purchase, but the leather quality and lining leaves a bit to be desired.
post #912 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post

haha my friend I was joking about the hate comment, honesty is good... and thx - people are not very big into fitness or lifting here in paris my tailor always complains for 5 minutes when I need something done.. then marvels at how great he makes my suits look for 10 minutes after he is done...

Well, he made the one you are wearing in that picture way too tight.
post #913 of 1922
I've gotten SAB cases and some nice RL ones for less than $1200. Then, the nick guy on ebay got some nice vintage croc cases that go for not much higher....patience is nirvana.smile.gif
post #914 of 1922
BB has their F&F sale coming up May 9th.... you can get their SAB cases for 25% off plus 15% off if you open a new BB card .. I might kop ... the $2000 bag would go down to around $1350 or so after taxes
post #915 of 1922

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

BB has their F&F sale coming up May 9th.... you can get their SAB cases for 25% off plus 15% off if you open a new BB card .. I might kop ... the $2000 bag would go down to around $1350 or so after taxes

 

BB is Brooks Brothers?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Briefcase porn thread