or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Briefcase porn thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Briefcase porn thread - Page 68

post #1006 of 1905

^ Beautiful briefcase!

post #1007 of 1905

REALLY NEED ADVICE PLEASE: I maximum have about £300 to spend and want to get a Hugo Boss bag as this seems to be the only thing in my price range, thats not too conservative, but i also need to use it for important meetings, which is more tastefull of these 2 please that doesnt look cheap and comes across professional:

 

1. http://store-uk.hugoboss.com/Calf-and-cow-leather-workbag-%27BAPTISTE%27/hbeu50216723,en_GB,pd.html&cgid=25300#!i%3D3%26color%3D001_Black

 

2. http://store-uk.hugoboss.com/Work-bag-in-mixed-materials-%27Timir%27/hbeu50227195,en_GB,pd.html&cgid=25300#!i%3D28%26color%3D001_Black
 

Since i need the bag by thursday and im in london these are the only 2 choices i can think of unless anyone can suggest anything else: Many thanks to all replies

post #1008 of 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb View Post

REALLY NEED ADVICE PLEASE: I maximum have about £300 to spend and want to get a Hugo Boss bag as this seems to be the only thing in my price range, thats not too conservative, but i also need to use it for important meetings, which is more tastefull of these 2 please that doesnt look cheap and comes across professional:

 

1. http://store-uk.hugoboss.com/Calf-and-cow-leather-workbag-%27BAPTISTE%27/hbeu50216723,en_GB,pd.html&cgid=25300#!i%3D3%26color%3D001_Black

 

2. http://store-uk.hugoboss.com/Work-bag-in-mixed-materials-%27Timir%27/hbeu50227195,en_GB,pd.html&cgid=25300#!i%3D28%26color%3D001_Black
 

Since i need the bag by thursday and im in london these are the only 2 choices i can think of unless anyone can suggest anything else: Many thanks to all replies


I think in that price range you would be much better off with Coach, longer lasting and classic style.70304_svbk_a0%3F%24mainlarge%24

post #1009 of 1905
If you really like a nice briefcase and you know what you want but you aren’t prepared to spend that much right now….it’s better to wait. Keep using you old one and when you are ready just spend the extra and get what you really want. I have been waiting for a bit over 12 months now. I am still using my old nylon briefcase. I know what I want and will buy it once I can justify spending that much on that briefcase. I mean briefcase is something you will use it every day(unless you have few). If you are not fully satisfied then its kind of waste of money.
post #1010 of 1905

thanks for the tip, much appreciated
 

post #1011 of 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decaff View Post

What is this? It's amazing?

Berluti I think
post #1012 of 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decaff View Post

What is this? It's amazing?

It's a Berluti.
post #1013 of 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChris View Post

Just arrived (click image for larger view):





very nice and classic
post #1014 of 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrcustom View Post

very nice and classic

Thank's
I'm really pleased with it, perfect size and the combination of robust design and weight is good also.
post #1015 of 1905
MrChris that bag is beautiful.
post #1016 of 1905

I know this is a porn thread, but I have a question.

 

I work in the IT industry as a statistician, and generally take a backpack to work (yes, I'm that guy), but I'm thinking about getting a briefcase. I'm still new to mens fashion and am slowly working on updating my wardrobe, so I really don't want to spend too much (100+) on a briefcase. I'd much rather spend my money on another suit or nice dress shoes than a briefcase at this moment. So can anyone provide suggestions on a cheap briefcase to get my by.

 

Thanks!

post #1017 of 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

I know this is a porn thread, but I have a question.

I work in the IT industry as a statistician, and generally take a backpack to work (yes, I'm that guy), but I'm thinking about getting a briefcase. I'm still new to mens fashion and am slowly working on updating my wardrobe, so I really don't want to spend too much (100+) on a briefcase. I'd much rather spend my money on another suit or nice dress shoes than a briefcase at this moment. So can anyone provide suggestions on a cheap briefcase to get my by.

Thanks!

My suggestion would be to just get a cheap nylon laptop bag, and wait until you feel comfortable spending the money on a nice leather briefcase that will last you very long time. The nylon bag won't destroy your coats' shoulders at least, unlike the backpack.
post #1018 of 1905
Has anyone on here heard of Simon Barker (SF handle casemaker) or purchased any of his bags? I have been looking for a SAB type bag but have been loath to spend $2k+ for the bag I want. I saw pictures of this guy’s bags here on SF and started talking with him. Here are some excerpts from his emails:

“…I have been a casemaker full time for over 25 years, don't employ staff, so everything is made by me. The case we are looking at, takes over 25 hour to make, as I said, is double hand stitched entirely, apart from the partition boards top binding. The front and back panel is made from Bridle butt ( a much better cut than the more usual bridle shoulder, and at double the price, if SAB don't say butt, which they don't, then you have to assume shoulder )

I do not line the front and back panels, because the leather is well finished, and will age well, and attain it's own patina, and applied linings are likely to stain and wear poorly. The partition boards are lined with a glazed pigskin lining, that is made as a shoe lining leather, that I have found to be extremely well wearing.

The case body straps are bridle butt, hand stitched, not riveted, the same with the detachable shoulder strap. all fittings are polished brass. I have not yet had a hand stitched case returned to me for repair, in more than 25 years, so I guess that says something!...”


“…£920 + £65 for the extra corners + freight at cost, and you may have import duties.

The SAB case you have asked about, would be, I stock, but don't like them because they put the handle off center, when in the 'wrong' hole…”think less than £920, because there are no straps and strap chapes to deal with, however, the pocket details would add to the work? I do not currently have any 'padding' suitable for the center partition, but in my view, it should be almost impossible for a laptop to be damaged in the center pocket? Also I see that SAB have used a thin leather wrapped around board for the F and Back panels, I would use 3.5 - 4mm Sedgewicks Bridle Butt, MUCH more durable, and a better quality of leather. The back and front panels would not be lined.

It would be entirely hand stitched, except for the partition top binding. You would be able to specify pocket dimensions and other details…”

Any comments on his take on SAB quality?

Any other suggestions for a bag?

Pictures of casemaker's bag that I am considering:





post #1019 of 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post

Has anyone on here heard of Simon Barker (SF handle casemaker) or purchased any of his bags? I have been looking for a SAB type bag but have been loath to spend $2k+ for the bag I want.

I have a used Brooks Brothers that I am thinking about reconditioning, but am now intrigued by doing this instead - please provide us with updates as you go through the process.
post #1020 of 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

I have a used Brooks Brothers that I am thinking about reconditioning, but am now intrigued by doing this instead - please provide us with updates as you go through the process.

Well, I would like some feedback before I move forward smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Briefcase porn thread