ChetBakerSings Confession (Click to show)
Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings
I must come clean.
- I bought a sweater the morning of April 1. I remembered minutes after purchasing that the No Purchase Club had already begun and so made plans to return the sweater. But a couple of weeks later, I've decided to keep it. I can't say it was an emergency, but I'm returning to grad school in a few months and have very few casual clothes. I've long wanted a sweater like this one and got a deal that was difficult to pass on.
- I bought a cheap pair of shoe laces to replace the badly frayed laces on my moccasins.
- I purchased a Brooks Brothers blazer ($10) and a six-fold Borrelli tie ($6) from a thrift store. I plan to re-sell the tie, but the blazer is for me; my old one is badly worn at the elbows. No more thrift stores for me this month.
- I returned a pair of running shoes purchased in March and exchanged them for another pair. I don't think this counts as a violation but am disclosing it in case. The new pair was cheaper than the original.
There you go. Failed pretty hard so far, but I want to recommit for the last half of the month.
I'll admit I am a little torn with this decision.
I can't let my love of Chet Bakers awesome music or your birthday (Happy Birthday by the way) get in the way of reason.
I admire the level of honesty in your confession. It was detailed and showed some form remorse, of self-restraint and some mindfulness of need over desire.
The running shoes had nothing to do with this challenge but you reported it anyway. That was beyond expectations.
There has to be a small punishment, and since it was your birthday, I'll choose this one....Chet, you Shall do the following (Click to show)
1) You will not enjoy that sweater or the Brooks Brothers jacket until the month is over.
2) You will keep your word to get rid of the Borrelli tie. Sell it or give it away, I don't care.
3) Donate $100 worth of useable stuff to a recipient of your choosing, be it to a thrift store or to anyone you want
Stay strong for the next two weeks.