or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › San Francisco SF Meetup- Thursday April 4th - Beckett & Robb
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

San Francisco SF Meetup- Thursday April 4th - Beckett & Robb - Page 4

post #46 of 156
I am confused.
Is it the Slanted Door or Schroeders?
Either is fine. I'm in for both.
Slanted Door is probably "better for you"

If it's Schroeders, I'll try to find my Lufwaffe holster.
post #47 of 156
Sounds fun. I always like a good sausage in the evening. The last time I was at a German restaurant in San Francisco, I was made an honorary German by some German tourists, and we marched around Hayes Valley. The guys at Beckett and Robb should probably be glad I can't make it. I've been known to abscond with leather furniture if the drink and circumstances are right. Have fun. Everyone have a drink on me.

Cheers,

Fok.
post #48 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by de Seingalt View Post

Schroeder's (sp?) is the real thing, I'm in...we should hit Tosca after, while it's still Tosca.

the sf meat up I attended late last year met up at tosca. that's all.
post #49 of 156
Thread Starter 
I stopped in at Beckett & Robb yesterday to meet Dustin, one of our hosts, and to see the store. It is an attractive setting, roomy and comfortable. It will be ideal for our Meetup and just one block away from dinner.

Dustin of Beckett & Robb






The Beckett & Robb Showroom at One Embarcadero, San Francisco





post #50 of 156
Thread Starter 
Here are just a few of the numerous fabric options they offer at Beckett & Robb. They have a wide range of cloth for suits, odd jackets, pants and shirts.




I especially liked this Loro Piana seersucker. Although my camera and the lighting don't do it justice, the blue and off white and gray and off white are especially nice. The color is far more sophisticated than the typical bright white and blue seersucker.






For linings they have a full range of basic colors. But, if you want to get expressive, they have options...


post #51 of 156
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post

IN!

Boot List
1. P. Bateman


...next?

Don't forget the $50 deposit for the glass boot smile.gif

Glass boots always remind me of this movie


post #52 of 156
Thread Starter 
post #53 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

I stopped in at Beckett & Robb yesterday to meet Dustin, one of our hosts, and to see the store. It is an attractive setting, roomy and comfortable. It will be ideal for our Meetup and just one block away from dinner.

Dustin of Beckett & Robb






The Beckett & Robb Showroom at One Embarcadero, San Francisco

 

 

I stopped by a few weeks ago and had a great time talking with Dustin. It seems like a pretty neat place. Definitely looking forward to the event and Schroeder's afterwards!

post #54 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

Don't forget the $50 deposit for the glass boot smile.gif

The #1 cause of boot failure is cheers-ing.

Crushing boots is my hobby. Last week at Suppenküche:



Seriously, is no one up for joining boot patrol? Come on!
post #55 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

I especially liked this Loro Piana seersucker. Although my camera and the lighting don't do it justice, the blue and off white and gray and off white are especially nice. The color is far more sophisticated than the typical bright white and blue seersucker.

 

FYI, if you want to get more accurate fabric photos, even in poor artificial lighting, a WhiBal card is amazing, if you're going to post-process them in something that can adjust the white balance. http://michaeltapesdesign.com/whibal.html

 

My wife got me the pocket size as a birthday gift a few years ago, and it's the only thing that's let me get accurate colors in many lighting situations, particularly with blues and purples, which digital cameras seem to have trouble capturing accurately without a little help. 

post #56 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post

Seriously, is no one up for joining boot patrol? Come on!

 

That will probably depend on the status of this potential whisky sponsor...

post #57 of 156
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katabatic View Post

FYI, if you want to get more accurate fabric photos, even in poor artificial lighting, a WhiBal card is amazing, if you're going to post-process them in something that can adjust the white balance. http://michaeltapesdesign.com/whibal.html

My wife got me the pocket size as a birthday gift a few years ago, and it's the only thing that's let me get accurate colors in many lighting situations, particularly with blues and purples, which digital cameras seem to have trouble capturing accurately without a little help. 

Thanks for that suggestion. You are right about Blues and Purples. Blazers often look black. I'll look into this.
post #58 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by katabatic View Post

 

FYI, if you want to get more accurate fabric photos, even in poor artificial lighting, a WhiBal card is amazing, if you're going to post-process them in something that can adjust the white balance. http://michaeltapesdesign.com/whibal.html

 

My wife got me the pocket size as a birthday gift a few years ago, and it's the only thing that's let me get accurate colors in many lighting situations, particularly with blues and purples, which digital cameras seem to have trouble capturing accurately without a little help. 

We will look into this as well.  We have experimented with many lights, aperture settings, lenses, etc. without much luck.  Thanks for the tip!

post #59 of 156

This is the best my camera could do on its own of a blue Zegna jacket I've got - dull and uninteresting:

 

And this is with color correction off of a photo of the whibal card in the same lighting, which gets very close to how it looks in person:

 

I'll have mine with me on April 4 smile.gif (the WhiBal, not this jacket). 

post #60 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post


The #1 cause of boot failure is cheers-ing.

Crushing boots is my hobby. Last week at Suppenküche:



Seriously, is no one up for joining boot patrol? Come on!

I (Dustin) am intrigued by this boot patrol.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › San Francisco SF Meetup- Thursday April 4th - Beckett & Robb