Originally Posted by max1337
I've been lurking around on the forum for quite some time and really enjoyed the member's valuable insights on style.
I finally decided to sign up because I am an young adult looking to update my wardrobe from teenage years. So here goes! My first post.
I am looking for opinions and advices for the outfit for a wedding coming up pretty soon. This is my planned outfit for the morning. [URL=]Paste[/URL]
Should I go for a lighter shirt, light purple/lavender, with a solid dark purple tie?
I apologize in advance for the crappy phone photo.
Thanks in advance,
I hope to be more active on the forum.
I will go introduce myself in the intro thread.
wow, um, not good.
1. That tie knot needs to never be worn again...period.
2. light tie of the same coloring as the shirt is immediate fail.
3. Tie clip is far too high
4. Doublebrested vest looks horrible in this situation. Just too many layers, which is very noticeable with this jacket. I'd lose the vest
5. Is this a single button jacket? Is it a dinner jacket? Are there matching pants?
6. Although tough from the angle, I'm guessing your sleeves are too long.
Here is what I'd do.
Step 1. Burn that shirt or put it in the "clubbing" category only. That is not formalwear.
Step 2. Put the vest back on the hanger and leave it there.
Step 3. Put on or purchase white or light blue dress shirt
Step 4. use the same tie, but depending on the shirt collar, tie either a four in hand (point collar) or windsor of reasonable size (spread collar)
Step 5. Tie clip lower, between 3rd and 4th button
Step 6. White linen pocket square
Assuming the stuff fits well, this will have you looking appropriate and stylish without looking like its your first time playing dress up.