or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Need help coordinating this suit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need help coordinating this suit - Page 5

post #61 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacking jacket View Post

Small point, noticeable you're not wearing metal (silver, brass or alloy) collar bones

I dont understand. Metal? Like cuff links or tie clip?
Silver Paul Smith collarbone removed just now from my shirt
post #62 of 95
Thread Starter 

Oh~~~ this doesn't look good. I am gonna get crucified! I present to you the FIH!!! The effed up version.

 

 

post #63 of 95

That is much...much...MUCH better than what you were trying (were those windsors or double four in hands or what?).

 

Tie it a few more times, get the dimple down, and you'll be good to go. Good choice with the color as well.

post #64 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

That is much...much...MUCH better than what you were trying (were those windsors or double four in hands or what?).

 

Tie it a few more times, get the dimple down, and you'll be good to go. Good choice with the color as well.

Your compliments are much appreciated, sir. But is it possible to have a FIH knot evenly balanced? It appears crooked(?) to me. Your thoughts?

By the way, that was a full Windsor knot (not the red). 

post #65 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacking jacket View Post


Silver Paul Smith collarbone removed just now from my shirt

i don't have holes for them. 

post #66 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacking jacket View Post

Silver Paul Smith collarbone removed just now from my shirt

i don't have holes for them. 
Sooner or later you'll buy a shirt with them
post #67 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacking jacket View Post


Sooner or later you'll buy a shirt with them

Just bought two $xk suits from Zegna and two $x (Can't believe I paid full price) from RLBL. And about 12 new ties at $x or so. And about 6 plain white shirts that were $x a pop. And a pair of shoes for $x. And another pair for $x. I am so freaking broke. I gotta start shopping at the clearance section of Wal-Mart now. 


Edited by rudals1281 - 3/18/13 at 8:10am
post #68 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post
 


PMed.

post #69 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

Just bought two $3k suits from Zegna and two $1700 (Can't believe I paid full price) from RLBL. And about 12 new ties at $200 or so. And about 6 plain white shirts that were $350 a pop. And a pair of shoes for $750. And another pair for $600. I am so freaking broke. I gotta start shopping at the clearance section of Wal-Mart now. 

I would hope anyone that goes out and blows 15 grand on clothes during a shopping spree is fairly wealthy. That, or they just made an incredibly poor financial decision.
post #70 of 95
I've RLBL and its gorgeous. Its great for full scale alterations. I want it forever and spent time matching material for a spare pair of pants.
Get a good tailor to keep the suits for years to come.
You paid full price, but its an investment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacking jacket View Post

Sooner or later you'll buy a shirt with them
Just bought two $3k suits from Zegna and two $1700 (Can't believe I paid full price) from RLBL. And about 12 new ties at $200 or so. And about 6 plain white shirts that were $350 a pop. And a pair of shoes for $750. And another pair for $600. I am so freaking broke. I gotta start shopping at the clearance section of Wal-Mart now. 
post #71 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post


I would hope anyone that goes out and blows 15 grand on clothes during a shopping spree is fairly wealthy. That, or they just made an incredibly poor financial decision.

Just got a new job and didn't want to buy suits from Macys and I had a stash of savings. Barely put a dent in it. Oh and the signing bonus helped. What was I supposed to do? Got a managerial job paying 6 figures and didn't have proper attire. I need new shirts by the way. 

post #72 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

I had a stash of savings. Barely put a dent in it.

Not sure how this post and your previous post can simultaneously be true, but alright. Most high-end ties can be purchased new for significantly less than $200, unless you were after an esoteric brand that's not commonly sold at Saks or Neiman Marcus. Brioni, for instance, is regularly sub $75 with tax.
post #73 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

That is much...much...MUCH better than what you were trying. Tie it a few more times, get the dimple down, and you'll be good to go.

+1
post #74 of 95
Thread Starter 
WHERE?!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Not sure how this post and your previous post can simultaneously be true, but alright. Most high-end ties can be purchased new for significantly less than $200, unless you were after an esoteric brand that's not commonly sold at Saks or Neiman Marcus. Brioni, for instance, is regularly sub $75 with tax.
post #75 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

I would hope anyone that goes out and blows 15 grand on clothes during a shopping spree is fairly wealthy.

Well I hate my life now. Sigh.

By the way, the tie knot should be asymmetrical. It's the asymmetry that makes it look better. One reason, for example, why jackets and coats only have one breast pocket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Need help coordinating this suit