or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A visit to Enzo Bonafé, Bologna shoemaker
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A visit to Enzo Bonafé, Bologna shoemaker - Page 2

post #16 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Are EB shoe sizes displayed in EU or UK format?

Depends. We have asked for our stock shoes to be marked up in UK sizes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

Agree - those Alligator are pure p0rn.

Do you have prices?

Bonafé will be about 5500 SEK (4400 ex VAT, approx. $670). Button boots will be about 6500 SEK (5200 ex VAT, approx. $790). MTO will be an extra 15%.
post #17 of 31
What transition do they use from EU to UK sizes?
post #18 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Depends. We have asked for our stock shoes to be marked up in UK sizes.
Bonafé will be about 5500 SEK (4400 ex VAT, approx. $670). Button boots will be about 6500 SEK (5200 ex VAT, approx. $790). MTO will be an extra 15%.

Based on those pictures - sounds like good value at $670

post #19 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


We're getting four EB models in April. There will be two Norvegese models (a derby split toe in grain calf, a derby boot in grain/calf) and then two "normal" welted models (a chukka boot in Burgundy Calf and a button boot in black/grey Calf/Suede). We really hope to be able to expand this model range later on.
Yeah I don't see them around SF much which is a shame, they do offer a very nice product. Also there's only a 15% MTO fee which makes this route very appealing too. Also, a group MTO would only require 3 participants in order to avoid the extra MTO fee.
Correct! And a lot of the Italian top brands use them as well.

Disappointing choices ie split toes with Novegese derby boots etc. I would have goine with something simpler where the Norvegese makes them pop.
post #20 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

What transition do they use from EU to UK sizes?

Sorry, I honestly don't know but we'll fit them ourselves to see how they compare to our other brands of course.
post #21 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

Disappointing choices ie split toes with Novegese derby boots etc. I would have goine with something simpler where the Norvegese makes them pop.

Well you can't satisfy everyone. smile.gif The MTO fee is only 15% and about 3 months production time so hopefully this will encourage a lot of people to chose this path.
post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post


Disappointing choices ie split toes with Novegese derby boots etc. I would have goine with something simpler where the Norvegese makes them pop.

Hopefully you'll change your mind once you see the finished models inlove.gif Otherwise, as Leaves mentioned, MTO surcharge is only 15%.

post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

If i'm not mistaken, Bonafe makes shoes for brands like Aubercy's RTW
I recognize the button boots that one can find at Leffot.
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydog View Post


I recognize the button boots that one can find at Leffot.

Will the Button boots come with hooks to do-up the buttons?

post #25 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydog View Post

I recognize the button boots that one can find at Leffot.

Yes Bonafé makes the Aubercy button boots although I'm unsure if there are any design features that set the original Bonafé button boots apart from Aubercy's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

Will the Button boots come with hooks to do-up the buttons?

Yes they include a do-up hook.
post #26 of 31
Very interested in mto, any thoughts or info on lasts? Specifically wide fittings.
post #27 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcloud View Post

Very interested in mto, any thoughts or info on lasts? Specifically wide fittings.

Hi Wallcloud, we only did a quick fit in the factory, we'll wait until we get our stock in April and post a fitting guide then, after we have tried out the lasts more extensively. We're getting the 946 (chiseled, I think it's this last that the Austerity Brogue above in the picture is made up on) and 363 (round) lasts. We'll post a fitting guide once we receive stock.

Hopefully there's more people on SF who could lend some insight?

The round 363 last is actually the most beautiful round last I've ever seen. Perfectly balanced IMO. It reminds me a little of the EG 82-last.
post #28 of 31

I have some interest in the button boot, and I'm glad you chose the Black and Grey.

 

 

However because it is a button boot, how hard is it to get a good fit? You wouldn't really have the flexibility like you do with laces? Specifically either a bit tighter or a bit looser like you can with laces.

post #29 of 31
do you have any photos from the front of the Seemless alligator Norvegese shoe?
post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

do you have any photos from the front of the Seemless alligator Norvegese shoe?

Sorry, only the one we posted! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

I have some interest in the button boot, and I'm glad you chose the Black and Grey.

 

 

However because it is a button boot, how hard is it to get a good fit? You wouldn't really have the flexibility like you do with laces? Specifically either a bit tighter or a bit looser like you can with laces.

This is a new model for us, as soon as we receive our stock we will try them out to be able to help you with fitting as best we can. I can't imagine it would be much different to lace-ups though.  

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A visit to Enzo Bonafé, Bologna shoemaker