So I got my first MTM indochino suit today. The 3 piece essential black suit. Really love it, but with the $75 of alterations I can make, I want to make sure the suit is perfect. I have a few ideas on what I think needs to be altered, but would like your opinions too.
My personal feelings:
- jacket is too loose around the the chest;
- pants need to be slightly longer (they fit great when standing still with no break, but as soon as I move slightly, a lot of sock shows);
- waist coat needs to be a bit longer (as you can see the shirt underneath);
- not happy with how it crumples by the button on the suit when done up (how do you fix that??);
- suit sleeve width is a little large (see my comments further below)
Look forward to hearing your opinions.
One other issue is perhaps the suit sleeve width. With a cufflink shirt on, it is a fine size. But if you see the pics below, with a regular shirt on, it looks way to wide. The buttons on the sleeve are fully functional, so if I get the sleeve width made smaller, when I wear a cufflink shirt, if the sleeves are a bit tight, I can undo the last button on the sleeves (which is apparently the style these days anyway). What do you think?
Thanks for the input...appreciate it!