or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › *** The SW&D Hair and Grooming thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*** The SW&D Hair and Grooming thread *** - Page 10

post #136 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmmr View Post

Check this out, max.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

really cool video, thanks!

Now I kind of regret cutting a bunch of length off my hair last week...


its funny, he brings up so many things that I do that are wrong, apparently ffffuuuu.gif
post #137 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_r View Post

How important would you guys say the blowdryer is? I've never tried that. I have pretty fine hair aswell, so it doesn't like heavy stuff.

I'll check out those products though, thanks dudes.

Blow dryer is crucial IMO
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
post #138 of 200
^+1
post #139 of 200

Hey hair aficionados,

I want my hair to look like this dude's

 

(pic stolen from facebook so faces blurred for posterity)

 

I've got the cut down, short back and sides etc. but how do I style it so it's just sort of ... tousled and messy and actually stays like that? without it looking like it has any product in etc. I'm using sea salt spray on the recommendation of my friend but my hair usually just falls flat before the end of the day.

post #140 of 200
something matte with some hold and a blow drier methinks...
post #141 of 200
ok so I followed that 'andrew does hair' guy's video, and atleast its all going in the same direction now. My hair is pretty fine and soft so it drys pretty much instantly when a blowdryer touches it.
Warning: Pics of my hair! (Click to show)



I don't understand, when it was this length a few months back it was dead easy to style. Then I grew it out a bit, and cut it back down and now its hard to comb frown.gif

Also, another thing I've noticed; product is damn hard to spread through dry hair. I'm using bumble & bumble sumotech and i end up pulling out alot of hairs. Anyone know of product that is easier to spread through dry hair?
post #142 of 200
Looks great in pics 1 and 3, but I think something's off in pic 2
post #143 of 200
Whoa just bought imperial classic pomade. So easy to use and hold hair in place!
post #144 of 200
can someone rec me a good product for mid-length hair? want something to add some texture on top with decent hold, but wont make it hard.
post #145 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_r View Post

ok so I followed that 'andrew does hair' guy's video, and atleast its all going in the same direction now. My hair is pretty fine and soft so it drys pretty much instantly when a blowdryer touches it.
Warning: Pics of my hair! (Click to show)



I don't understand, when it was this length a few months back it was dead easy to style. Then I grew it out a bit, and cut it back down and now its hard to comb frown.gif

Also, another thing I've noticed; product is damn hard to spread through dry hair. I'm using bumble & bumble sumotech and i end up pulling out alot of hairs. Anyone know of product that is easier to spread through dry hair?

Um, you might not want to hear this, but the reason might be ongoing hair loss.
post #146 of 200
The man is probably right i would also stay away from wax or gel also. If you insist on styling your hair use something with a less stronger hold like mousse non alcohlic to not dry your head.

Besides you would only need to look good what 3hrs a day?
post #147 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by slstr View Post

Hey hair aficionados,

I want my hair to look like this dude's

 

 

 

(pic stolen from facebook so faces blurred for posterity)

 

I've got the cut down, short back and sides etc. but how do I style it so it's just sort of ... tousled and messy and actually stays like that? without it looking like it has any product in etc. I'm using sea salt spray on the recommendation of my friend but my hair usually just falls flat before the end of the day.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by artishard116 View Post

something matte with some hold and a blow drier methinks...

Yup, that is about it.

It would help a lot if your hair is naturally wavey and thick. Achieving the right volume while still looking un-styled will be a bit harder and take longer time if not.

 

Product-wise I'd go with a matte clay or paste with medium to strong hold that does not "set". You want it to be flexible to make it look natural. This one's hands down the best product I've used for that purpose. Cheap, from the UK and it's exactly what you want for that style.

http://uhkgy.tadrk.servertrust.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Hairbond-Moulder

 

 

Salt water spray does not provide enough hold on its own, but you should experiment with putting it in while your hair is still wet after showering and then using the blow drier to sculpt the hair like you want it to look. Run your fingers through the hair back and to the side while blow drying to create more texture and putting the hairs where you want them to be.

 

When the hair is dry you can add the clay. A little goes a long way with that product and make sure you spread it evenly in your palms by rubbing them together.

post #148 of 200

Exactly the help I wanted and more. My hair isn't that thick or wavy though hah, but I'll try and get my hands on some of that stuff and give it a go.

Thanks a lot, man.

post #149 of 200
Edit: read the hair care thread in H&B and found some good recs.
Edited by magro - 6/23/13 at 3:40pm
post #150 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_r View Post


Also, another thing I've noticed; product is damn hard to spread through dry hair. I'm using bumble & bumble sumotech and i end up pulling out alot of hairs. Anyone know of product that is easier to spread through dry hair?

consider this stuff, use after blow dry (use on completely dry hair only), good for fine hair, do not over do it:
http://www.davines.com/en/products/view/mat-pliable-stucco-n5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › *** The SW&D Hair and Grooming thread ***