or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here - Page 6  

post #76 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
I'm really not a fan of that style or those brands (Rye GB might say that they are wickety wack), but as already suggested, you might try Revolve Clothing. You might also like AG Cashmere, which is more expensive, Ed Hardy, and Project E. You might also like Great China Wall, which can be found at www.bluebeemen.com.

youre a better man than i fok.... to me it smells suspiciously like that meat product that pacific islanders found to taste like human flesh.
post #77 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothuri View Post
I was recently introduced to affliction clothing and it totally fits my style. I've been looking around for more clothing lines like affliction and I was wondering if someone could point me towoards some. I've seen, and like... affliction, salvage, monarchy, morphine generation, and drifter. I especially like clothing with dragons and Asian stiles with kanji and such. Any brands like that?
You mean like these? (talk of over the top)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapmutha View Post
youre a better man than i fok.... to me it smells suspiciously like that meat product that pacific islanders found to taste like human flesh.
post #78 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapmutha View Post
youre a better man than i fok.... to me it smells suspiciously like that meat product that pacific islanders found to taste like human flesh.

Okay, complete tangent, but I thought that too. However, he didn't put any links in his post, and AFAIK, the brands he mentioned are not represented together (with good reason, that showroom would have half a dozen lines that look like different seasons of the same line,) so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.
post #79 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
I'm really not a fan of that style or those brands (Rye GB might say that they are wickety wack), but as already suggested, you might try Revolve Clothing. You might also like AG Cashmere, which is more expensive, Ed Hardy, and Project E. You might also like Great China Wall, which can be found at www.bluebeemen.com.

I helped launch one of those brands!, and I'm eternaly sorry for my misdeeds (though financially very rewarding).

They are Wickety Wack and we must guide you in a far more rewarding direction.
post #80 of 12663


+



=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye GB View Post
They are Wickety Wack.
post #81 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque View Post


+



=


My crappy day just turned for the better!.
post #82 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye GB View Post
I helped launch one of those brands!, and I'm eternaly sorry for my misdeeds (though financially very rewarding).

They are Wickety Wack and we must guide you in a far more rewarding direction.

Let's play a game. Which of these brands did Rye help inflict on the world:

" affliction, salvage, monarchy, morphine generation, and drifter."

Well, I am pretty sure that it is not Salvage, because Rye has blasted that brand somewhere when someone wore it.

I recall somewhere that someone tried to say that monarchy was not in the same category as the others. Or maybe it was Morphine Generation or Drifter. I don't remember which, but it was in reaction to one of my rants against these brands and the overuse of Skulls, serpents, and Daggers.

Hmmm... this is fun. Someone else take a guess.
post #83 of 12663

Good lord. Did I really just see a reference to cricket as pertains to streetwear on SF?

post #84 of 12663
Although BiG shows the measurements for samurai denim and how the waist size will shrink to the tagged waist size, how much can i expect the other measurements to shrink? Thigh opening, inseam, hem, knee.. .you know...
post #85 of 12663
I'd probably just email BiG and ask. They have their one wash service now, so they probably have the info. There are some random specs posted on their OXS page: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...ask=view&id=68 Should give you an idea at least
post #86 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
I'm neither LAGuy nor BrianSD, but I wear a 30 waist in pretty much all jeans, and this is what a size 30 APC New Standard looks like on me after months of wear and a couple washes:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...wayw0209-1.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...wayw0209-2.jpg

For reference, a decent shot of the fit of my RRDG in size 31 (which is one size greater than I "should" wear in Ralfs, I wanted these particularly loose):

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...wayw0323-1.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...wayw0323-2.jpg

I have to say, my experience doesn't quite jive with Brian's. You can tell from the pics, I could probably have gone down to a size 28 (so, sizing down 2 from my normal jean size) and it would have been just a little tight, and given how much these stretch, that wouldn't have been a problem at all.

Sauce,

Thanks for the response. I think I know which size I'm going to get. Just curious, why didn't you hem your jeans? I'm not a big fan of cuffing jeans.
post #87 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Let's play a game. Which of these brands did Rye help inflict on the world:

" affliction, salvage, monarchy, morphine generation, and drifter."

Well, I am pretty sure that it is not Salvage, because Rye has blasted that brand somewhere when someone wore it.

I recall somewhere that someone tried to say that monarchy was not in the same category as the others. Or maybe it was Morphine Generation or Drifter. I don't remember which, but it was in reaction to one of my rants against these brands and the overuse of Skulls, serpents, and Daggers.

Hmmm... this is fun. Someone else take a guess.

I'm guessing affliction. I'm not sure why exactly, but after lurking on all of these threads for a while, that was the first one that came to mind when you said to take a guess.

Hmmm....maybe because it is first on the list influenced me somehow. Oh well I am sticking to my original guess.
post #88 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
Sauce,

Thanks for the response. I think I know which size I'm going to get. Just curious, why didn't you hem your jeans? I'm not a big fan of cuffing jeans.

I usually let them stack, that day I decided to cuff them--I don't mind cuffing at all. I didn't hem them because I like my jeans over-long. Unless they're boot cut and don't stack well, in which case they need to be hemmed.
post #89 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2G View Post
I'd probably just email BiG and ask. They have their one wash service now, so they probably have the info.

There are some random specs posted on their OXS page: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...ask=view&id=68

Should give you an idea at least

Thanks man, that's helpful
post #90 of 12663
Can anyone supply me with the chest and shoulder measurements for a 36 or 38 in Sterlingwear peacoats. I am so confused on what size i should get. I have a 38 chest, but am quite broad in the shoulders. Members here suggest to size down 1, but others have stated that Stearlingwear is already quite trim.

Do they look baggy if i go with my chest size?

Thanks for any info.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here