or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here - Page 129  

post #1921 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdc_2008 View Post
Got a Blundstone question.

I have been looking for a decent pair of chelsea boots in around the $100 to $150 range. I have finally settled on Blundstone, but am not sure what model to get.


You can do better than that in that price range (unless you really like the look of those. I don't)

For some reason, the first thing that came to mind at that price at full retail was Banana Republic. I've heard good things about their shoes in the past. Check here and here.
post #1922 of 12663
I was considering these distressed black dress shoes. I like the look and aesthetics of these and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on them? Which ones you like better, quality info, am i an idiot for even considering them? Anybody know how these fit if i'm traditionally a 10.5-11? Also, has anyone even heard of the lvr brand, sand? http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/prod...egoryId=281248 http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/prod...egoryId=281248 http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Co...&CodArticolo=2 I know they probably rub a lot of people the wrong way, but i like the styling for some reason. I feel i'd be able to wear them casually and with semi dressy stuff with an edge. I don't know how to describe it since i'm still developing style wise. I feel i'd possibly be able to build from a pair of those though. I don't know. I didn't want to create a whole thread for it though but appreciate feedback. LVH is depressing because it reminds me how shitty the dollar is right now.
post #1923 of 12663
I like the first ones, think they may have come up in a thread before. I don't like the others too much though.

Don't know what to tell you about sizing, I have a pair of Barney's suede chukkas and I got them a half size smaller than my usual. Though, that's all relative and I don't really have any good comparison shoes :P
post #1924 of 12663
Serious question: Are there any beefs between members on this forum? I've noticed snipes here and there but I can't tell if the people are being serious or what.
post #1925 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock View Post
Serious question: Are there any beefs between members on this forum? I've noticed snipes here and there but I can't tell if the people are being serious or what.

Almost all of it is good-natured ribbing, but IME any real conflict stems from the CE forum.
post #1926 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock View Post
Serious question: Are there any beefs between members on this forum? I've noticed snipes here and there but I can't tell if the people are being serious or what.
There is and there isn't; for the most part the same people I harass on a near-daily basis are the same ones I talk to privately. As in the real world, there are lots of opinions one can choose to listen to or vehemently hate. But like Brian mentioned it's mostly good-natured. Mostly.
post #1927 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken View Post
You can do better than that in that price range (unless you really like the look of those. I don't)

For some reason, the first thing that came to mind at that price at full retail was Banana Republic. I've heard good things about their shoes in the past. Check here and here.

Damn, not cool....yeah, those look nicer. Never thought of buying shoes from BR.....they are a bit more than I wanted to spend (mostly because I am also looking to get a pair of those JCrew Redwings...)....the wing tip boots look kinda nice as well.
post #1928 of 12663
All the recent boot-related questions have got me interested in a day-to-day, beat-around boots. RM Williams are on the radar, but seem a bit too dressy (nor do I like the idea of having water sloshed into the elastic and seeping through to my feet). The Frye 8R engineers are nice and the general style I'm looking for, but I was wondering if anyone knew of alternatives with maybe a lower heel, or a lower boot to begin with (maybe a desert-boot chukka, non-suede). These NDCs also seem kind of nice. But not being able to try them on/being $330 makes them less appealing.
post #1929 of 12663
Barney's carries NDC boots. You could try 'em on there.
post #1930 of 12663
Dress shirts with 14 inch collar? Been hell finding these.
post #1931 of 12663
Anyone have a discount code for Steve Alan?
post #1932 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock View Post
Serious question: Are there any beefs between members on this forum? I've noticed snipes here and there but I can't tell if the people are being serious or what.

It's mostly good-natured, with a few exceptions--as noted, mostly in the CE forum (or arising from the CE forum and spilling out into the other fora). I don't have a beef with anyone here except whodini, because he let me buy him drinks all night but rejected my advances anyway. I'm not a goddamn ATM, who. Screw you.
post #1933 of 12663
I was on a forum about 4 years ago where they charged $10 for avatar changes as a way to pay servers. However, the fee was to change anyone's avatar/title.
post #1934 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
It's mostly good-natured, with a few exceptions--as noted, mostly in the CE forum (or arising from the CE forum and spilling out into the other fora). I don't have a beef with anyone here except whodini, because he let me buy him drinks all night but rejected my advances anyway. I'm not a goddamn ATM, who. Screw you.
Not my fault that your roofie coladas are so fuckin' weak. Besides, your idea of "respecting someone in the morning" is asking if they want french toast or pancakes with their grand slam breakfast at Denny's.
post #1935 of 12663
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Not my fault that your roofie coladas are so fuckin' weak. Besides, your idea of "respecting someone in the morning" is asking if they want french toast or pancakes with their grand slam breakfast at Denny's.

I usually try to ditch and leave them with the check, too. But that's OTHER people. I would have given you the world... maybe even taken you to IHOP instead of Denny's.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here