or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RDiaz vs upr_crust - DB Showdown - Fit Battle 2/28/13
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RDiaz vs upr_crust - DB Showdown - Fit Battle 2/28/13 - Page 2

Poll Results: Who wins?

 
  • 58% (46)
    RDiaz
  • 41% (32)
    upr_crust
78 Total Votes  
post #16 of 32
Yeah, upr_crust's tie is ghastly, but it's whimsy ghastly, and that I'm always down with. He's my pick. RDiaz gets points deducted for the tie + hanky combo and the extra pair of nipples. Not a bad fit, however.
post #17 of 32

RDiaz is too igent.  Can't really put it in words, but IMO too many color/too much stuff going on.  Maybe he outfit frames his face well but I can't tell from the picture.

 

upr_crust looks very natural in his own outfit.  A huge plus.

post #18 of 32

The outfits aren't really directly comparable though - it would have been better to have CBD vs. CBD or blazer vs. blazer.

post #19 of 32
this is a great battle. really hard to decide. very different looks, both excellent, both well fitting and tasteful, and most of all, both excellent and gentlemanly fellows.
post #20 of 32

RDiaz wins because he actually does up all of his buttons.stirpot.gif  - i know, they are there for a purpose. and it looks great!
 

post #21 of 32
Huh? His middle button is undone....

Generally speaking, unless your prince Charles and can get away with it, the bottom button should be undone at all times and the middle button fastened on 6 x 4 DB coats.

That said, I do prefer Rdiazs fit between the 2.
post #22 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

Generally speaking, unless your prince Charles and can get away with it, the bottom button should be undone at all times and the middle button fastened on 6 x 4 DB coats.

Any pics of this queer specimen? wink.gif
post #23 of 32
Sorry meant to write 6 x 2!
post #24 of 32
Happens to the best of us. fistbump.gif
post #25 of 32
These threads are dumb.
post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

Huh? His middle button is undone....

Generally speaking, unless your prince Charles and can get away with it, the bottom button should be undone at all times and the middle button fastened on 6 x 4 DB coats.

 

 

Regarding this, I would button the top button and leave the bottom one either done or undone on a DB coat, but the button stance is so high on this one that I'm starting to wear it as if it was a 6x1. Hopefully the lapel roll will become softer over time...

post #27 of 32
I don't think the fits are really comparable, but if I were forced, I'd go for RDiaz only because his DB looks good despite two features I typically don't like: metal buttons and 6x1 buttoning.
post #28 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto Chan View Post

These threads are dumb.

you may think they are dumb, and you have every right to think so. so dont read them. they provide interesting comparisons that others enjoy. shitting on them is not needed.
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


you may think they are dumb, and you have every right to think so. so dont read them. they provide interesting comparisons that others enjoy. shitting on them is not needed.

 

+1 to that. I miss the articles or I don't know how they were called, that were named "What is Style Forum wearing?" and posted 3 or 4 members fit with a legend "This totally looks like...", those were cool. biggrin.gif

post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

 

"What is Style Forum wearing?"

 

I loved those articles! Not only did we get to see some great clothes, but people got to say a few things about how/why they dress the way they do. I hope SF brings those back!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RDiaz vs upr_crust - DB Showdown - Fit Battle 2/28/13