I'm heading to Mr. Ned tomorrow to get my first MTM suit. I was hoping to get some tips, and some feedback on what I ask for. Naturally, I will post pics here and in the tailoring thread so you can rip it to shreds learn from my experience.
Here's what I think I am looking for:
- Something gray, since I like it better than navy and will have plenty of opportunities to expand my wardrobe later.
- Two buttons, besomed pockets, no cuffs on the pants, and no ticket pocket (since I'm average height and need longer-looking lines.)
- A flattering but not too tight fit. I work out enough that I don't want something shapeless, but I'm not dumb enough to think I deserve something skin-tight. Is this specific enough?
- Adjustable waistband pants - someone (AAAC maybe?) said pants should just fit, so you shouldn't wear a belt. I agree.
- SB jacket and plain front pants - I find DB and pleats too complex.
- Working cuffs - tasteful flaunting is so necessary.
Any advice on how to adjust what I ask for or tips on the process in general would be very helpful.
Also, people have mentioned getting the hand stitching on the lapels; what does that add?