I always assumed that Rog's pics were selfies.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 652post #9766 of 243882/20/15 at 12:56pmpost #9767 of 243882/20/15 at 12:57pmpost #9768 of 243882/20/15 at 12:57pmQuote:
It's a new release from today. It should still be in the store right now. I agree that it's my favorite new release of the day.post #9769 of 243882/20/15 at 12:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
Interesting - I have a dim recollection of seeing something like this before. Still don't know why the problem would present on this particular pair and not on the umpteen other shoes and boots that I regularly wear. But I will give it a try - if it works, then it will be the easiest and cheapest fix of all. Cheers.
Makes a huge difference! It's second nature to me now.
I love that Mahogany CC. The red undertones are freaking lovely. What are the specs of your Nevis MTO?post #9770 of 243882/20/15 at 1:00pmQuote:
It's been on the front page of their web site all day. Awesome boot. Tall boots are mostly three season wear for me, but I can see these getting use year round.post #9771 of 243882/20/15 at 1:01pmQuote:
Thanks - 606 last, Dainite, storm welt.
And yes, the Mahogany is at once beautiful, subtle and complex. It really can take on different looks in different light. Indoors it looks mostly medium brown. In the sunlight, though, there are wonderful hints of reds and orange.post #9772 of 243882/20/15 at 1:03pmpost #9773 of 243882/20/15 at 1:06pm
^^^ No idea - haven't actually seen polo in person yet - probably few have. Skoak's pics are usually pretty accurate for colour, though. While there is no way of knowing if the colour is presenting the same way on your monitor as it is on mine, what I see is generally what I get when I open the box.post #9774 of 243882/20/15 at 1:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
First outing for the Mahogany CC Nevis:
Just superb out of the box comfort - it's not every boot you can unpack and wear for a full day with zero issues. The day isn't over yet, but there is no doubt at all that my feet will feel great at the end of it all.
One downside - the laces are useless - it's like they are frictionless - you cinch things up nice and snucg, and within 5 minutes of walking they have loosened noticeably. After 15 minutes they are all but undone. Must have laced up 5 times already today.
Fortunately, this is an easy and inexpensive fix. I'm sure I have second set Carmina laces that will work a treat.
Those are beautiful Roger. I got the Dover in Mahogany CC from Skoak and love them.post #9775 of 243882/20/15 at 1:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by sacafotos
Brannock: 8E (wide, high instep)
Rain: 7Uk (snug!), prefer 7.5 UK
MH71: 7F (perfect)
82: 7.5E (perfect)
202: 7.5E (perfect)
Generally speaking, you can equate a 7F to a 7.5E in terms of fit, so down in width, up half a size.
MH71 and Rain lasts are perfect fits for me. I size up on Rain and prefer to wear a thicker sock for something like a Chelsea boot, whose elastic might give some more wiggle room.
Excellent post right here. I'm thinking about going joining the Galway Preorder. So I'm a 9.5UK in Rain, and a 9F in other British brands like Alfred Sargent....I'm guessing I would need to order a 9F. Thanks for your insight.post #9776 of 243882/20/15 at 1:34pmpost #9777 of 243882/20/15 at 2:24pmpost #9778 of 243882/20/15 at 2:39pmpost #9779 of 243882/20/15 at 2:42pmpost #9780 of 243882/20/15 at 2:45pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 15 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 23 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 31 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 32 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 38 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 44 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 47 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 49 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 50 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...