That is too similar to the Thorpe GMTO going on.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 611post #9152 of 243822/10/15 at 5:29ampost #9153 of 243822/10/15 at 5:29amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Well, alright, with these EG price increases, hard not to try and get orders started...who would be interested in a Nevis, in country calf like this one, but in dark oak rather than rosewood, on either commando or dainite sole? I'm really enjoying the Shannon GMTO, and this seems like the perfect more casual, harder wearing, complement.
Edward Green does not allow GMTO anymore, so it would have to be individual MTO.post #9154 of 243822/10/15 at 5:36amQuote:
Aha, good info, thanks guys. Somehow I either never knew or had forgotten about that change at EG. Thorpe does look nice but I'm looking for a darker color, and EG lasts fit me better anyway. Now pardon me while I email Skoak. If anyone wants to join me in an individual MTO, you're of course welcome.post #9155 of 243822/10/15 at 5:36ampost #9156 of 243822/10/15 at 5:41amQuote:Originally Posted by rydenfan
Go for walnut country calf. It's a true dark brown and would look killer. You could do the ridgeway sole if you want something thicker than Dainite
Yep, walnut looks exactly right. Will have to think about the sole issue. And the last. I don't want something too sleek. Might just use whichever last is in the photograph I quoted.post #9157 of 243822/10/15 at 5:42ampost #9158 of 243822/10/15 at 5:45amQuote:
Thanks for this. I know my current Carmina in snuff suede have a brown liner and think this may be the safest option for our GMTO.post #9159 of 243822/10/15 at 5:46ampost #9160 of 243822/10/15 at 5:50amQuote:Originally Posted by TweedyProf
Cheers...I'll look at your instagram as well, which I follow.
I tried it with a darker grey which might work but I felt it would not be optimal. At that point I'd just prefer dark brown suede. However, in a pinch you could swing a couple shades darker with the snuff suede shoes. Someone can feel free to disagree with me here.post #9161 of 243822/10/15 at 5:50ampost #9162 of 243822/10/15 at 6:30ampost #9163 of 243822/10/15 at 6:42ampost #9164 of 243822/10/15 at 6:46amQuote:Originally Posted by thehaven22
Now that we have >6 people confirmed for the Carmina 5 eyelet chukka (Model 905) in snuff suede on dainite, it's time to hammer out the details. We are moving over to the Skoaktiebolaget topic instead of PMs to get this done faster and welcome outside opinions.
The last thing we need to figure out is the lining and either single or double dainite sole. Anyone else is free to chime in and/or join.
Edit: First to 4 votes wins.
Faster - Red
New Shoes1 - prefers not red, votes for purple, black, green, or brown
sarteaga - Red or Green
ScottMC - Red
Non SFer - Prefers purple over red but no real preference
TweedyProf - Purple or Green
thehaven22 - Purple
cbtaylor - Purple
Gabriel of Skoak also suggests Purple
Dainite (Double or Single):
thehaven22 - Single but either works
New Shoes1 - Single
Non SFer - Single
I am interested in organizing a Carmina suede chukka GMTO via Skoaktiebolaget's program. I'm trying to get this going this month before Carmina/Skoaktiebolaget's price increase in March. With the strength of the USD to the SEK, this is a good time to organize an order.
These chukkas will be a work horse by being able to worn in both casual and business casual settings easily. A lighter shade of suede is something that will add another dimension to your shoe rotation. The makeup is:
Model: 905 5 eyelet chukka
Leather: Snuff suede
Price: ~$390 + shipping, which may be around $40 if shipping to the US. A 50% nonrefundable deposit is required at the start of the GMTO, with the balance + shipping is charged once the shoes ship.
It looks like we might have the makeup on lock. Purple lining and single dainite. If anyone wants to join, there will be no further changes to the makeup, but they could PM me their email by Friday night.post #9165 of 243822/10/15 at 6:53amThread StarterSome inspiration for you guys, all Gaziano & Girling MTOs that arrived today.
Gaziano & Girling Isham in "New" Chestnut.
Gaziano & Girling St.James II in Deep Cherry and Mountain Ram.
Gaziano & Girling Dorchester in "New" Chestnut
Gaziano & Girling Burnham in Rioja.
Gaziano & Girling Oakham in Cherry and Burgundy Highland Grain.
Gaziano & Girling St.James II in Oak.
Gaziano & Girling Burnham in Pine.
Gaziano & Girling Uppingham in black calf.
Gaziano & Girling Dorchester in Racing Green.
Gaziano & Girling St.James II in Rioja.
Gaziano & Girling Canterbury in Oak.
For you guys waiting for these, we're hoping to send out invoices today.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 26 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › Boglioli K Jacket EU48 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › ***FS: Boglioli Glenplaid SC Patch Pockets 40R *** 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...