or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 561

post #8401 of 23841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Looks good, I mean with the Norvegese, it's kind of a Joker really, you can use it with any type of style from Wholecut to a Jumper Boot and it'll look cool if it's thought through. I'd probably go with the 946 last though, as I have no idea how the 975 fits.


great, thanks. I am inclined to go with that stitch since it is something that represents the maker to me. I always like a makeup to reflect something unique about the company. 

 

do you happen to know if they offer a lighter colored crepe sole?

 

post #8402 of 23841

which last was the tobacco suede chukka you offered a few months back on?

post #8403 of 23841
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


great, thanks. I am inclined to go with that stitch since it is something that represents the maker to me. I always like a makeup to reflect something unique about the company. 

do you happen to know if they offer a lighter colored crepe sole?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Please shoot as an email and Gabriel can ask Bonafé during our next Skype video session.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

which last was the tobacco suede chukka you offered a few months back on?

That was on the Carmina Detroit last.
post #8404 of 23841

oh, sorry. I meant this one

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/338047/skoaktiebolaget-carmina-eg-gg-bonafe-official-affiliate-thread/765#post_6657734

 

 

I'll email Gabriel and stop clogging up the thread with my personal makeup. Apologies 

post #8405 of 23841
I am sorry to interrupt much deserved Carmina love affair but Bonafe promotion is nearing its end so I have some questions.
@Leaves or @Skoaktiebolaget

I would like to order this boot with slight modifications on 74945 last with 4 upper speek hooks and the plain toe instead of cap toe. Would that incur extra charges?

post #8406 of 23841
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

I am sorry to interrupt much deserved Carmina love affair but Bonafe promotion is nearing its end so I have some questions.
@Leaves or @Skoaktiebolaget

I would like to order this boot with slight modifications on 74945 last with 4 upper speek hooks and the plain toe instead of cap toe. Would that incur extra charges?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Nope, that will pass under the normal MTO program.

Please email sales@skoaktiebolaget.se for more info.
post #8407 of 23841
^^^ Nice choice! Just firming up my order now.
post #8408 of 23841
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

I am sorry to interrupt much deserved Carmina love affair but Bonafe promotion is nearing its end so I have some questions.
@Leaves or @Skoaktiebolaget

I would like to order this boot with slight modifications on 74945 last with 4 upper speek hooks and the plain toe instead of cap toe. Would that incur extra charges?

 

 

Lovely! I contacted Skoat as well as I think I'm going order something very similar to that except with a suede upper, cap toe, no speek hooks, and some sort of rubber sole. I just have to figure which last looks and fits best for me.

post #8409 of 23841
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I'd definitely be willing to give that Polo suede a try on the U wing boot. Thanks for clarification that the pattern must remain the same but for material choice.

Polo suede sounds great to me.
post #8410 of 23841
I want to get in on the Carmina Saddle Split Toe. Never tried Carmina before what size would you guys recommend? I'm a 10/10.5e on both EG 606 & 64 last. Also a 10d Barrie fits perfect.
post #8411 of 23841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post



They are possibly working on it, I have been asking them for these heavy stitch NST styles for about a year, but only the derby is yet finished.

Thanks leaves.  I will keep my eyes out but if they end up making the boot thats an insta kop for me.  They really do a fantastic heavy stitch.

post #8412 of 23841
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkater1 View Post

I want to get in on the Carmina Saddle Split Toe. Never tried Carmina before what size would you guys recommend? I'm a 10/10.5e on both EG 606 & 64 last. Also a 10d Barrie fits perfect.

Most likely a UK 9.5 but it depends, please email sales@skoaktiebolaget.se for specific fitting advise.
post #8413 of 23841
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

I am sorry to interrupt much deserved Carmina love affair but Bonafe promotion is nearing its end so I have some questions.
@Leaves or @Skoaktiebolaget

I would like to order this boot with slight modifications on 74945 last with 4 upper speek hooks and the plain toe instead of cap toe. Would that incur extra charges?


this makeup is gorgeous. what's the price on it with skoak's current promotion?
post #8414 of 23841
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

this makeup is gorgeous. what's the price on it with skoak's current promotion?

4560 SEK ex VAT. About 560 USD.
post #8415 of 23841
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

Polo suede sounds great to me.

I'm worried it's too dark to do justice to the broguing. That's why a lighter suede works well for that style; the heavy stitch aprons are great because darker suede hides any uneven stitching but the raised stitches aren't as fine of detail as broguing, so it works well with suede. Also, both the heavy stitching and the suede are textures as opposed to patterns.

M2C
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
  • Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread