Very nice! Great selection, Leaves.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 49post #721 of 2434910/7/13 at 6:24ampost #722 of 2434910/7/13 at 6:51ampost #723 of 2434910/7/13 at 8:54ampost #724 of 2434910/7/13 at 8:58amQuote:Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson
This is because Horween has had real problems with dying their hatch grain, and yet haven't round a solution that make the color stay when being scratched or treated. Actually Gaziano & Girling strip all of their hatch grain leather down completely, and then redo the coloring themselves. They could basically order the hatch grain in just one color. This is probably why Leaves find the G&G hatch grain looking so different from Carminas.
That's interesting, can you tell me what you learned?
I see. Well you get what you paid for. I was very disappointed with both AS and Pediwear. Pediwear did not believe me and claimed that this was very unlikely to happen as the shoes would have been inspected first at the factory and then by Pediwear before the shipment. This clearly did not happen. I am putting my hatch grain purchases on hold for the time being. Right now I am interested more in pin grain or alpine grain colors.post #725 of 2434910/7/13 at 10:37ampost #726 of 2434910/7/13 at 11:11ampost #727 of 2434910/7/13 at 11:12ampost #728 of 2434910/7/13 at 11:36ampost #729 of 2434910/7/13 at 11:38amThread StarterQuote:
Please e-mail us at email@example.com and we'll make sure to send you some sample pics of cognac colored leathers. Bonafé has some really nice choices (and many) when it comes to picking the color.Quote:Quote:
Thanks for all the positive feedback, really appreciate it guys. I think a good fitting guide would help propel the brand here on SF, IMO Bonafé has huge potential.Quote:
These were unfortunately delayed (or led astray rather) by UPS and arrived only this afternoon, I will try to post pictures of these during Tuesday or Wednesday.post #730 of 2434910/7/13 at 11:47ampost #731 of 2434910/7/13 at 2:38pmpost #732 of 2434910/8/13 at 12:12ampost #733 of 2434910/8/13 at 2:10ampost #734 of 2434910/8/13 at 2:20amQuote:
Problem is that timing is awful now, too many expenses (and I just picked up that Carmina MTO). :( So, I'm not able to participate right now, maybe next month but then my Galway MTO arrives. Gah.post #735 of 2434910/8/13 at 2:46amThread StarterEnzo Bonafé fitting guide
As promised, here is a short fitting guide for Enzo Bonafé, I hope this helps. Of course, you can always e-mail us for further fitting advise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enzo Bonafé 363 last (round classic last)
This last fits similar to Carmina Forest although it has a higher instep and a tighter toebox. A high instep would be ideal for a good fit.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Forest but keep in mind that the instep is high.
Enzo Bonafé 2102 last (soft square last)
This last fits similar to Carmina Rain. It has a generous instep and the toebox is roomier than on the 363.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Rain.
Enzo Bonafé 946 last (chiseled last)
This last fits very similar to Carmina Rain in almost every regard. Just like the Carmina Rain, it is a generous last.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Rain.
For reference, this is what me and my store manager wears:
Carmina Rain: UK 11
Carmina Forest: UK 11.5
Carmina Simpson: UK 11.5
Edward Green: UK 11.5 F (82, 888, 606)
Gaziano & Girling: UK 11.5 F (all lasts except TG73)
Enzo Bonafé 363: UK 11.5
Enzo Bonafé 2102: UK 11
Enzo Bonafé 946: UK 11
Carmina Rain: UK 8.5
Carmina Forest: UK 9
Carmina Simpson: UK 9.5
Edward Green: UK 9.5E (82)
Edward Green: UK 9E (888 and 202)
Gaziano & Girling: UK 9.5 F (all lasts)
Enzo Bonafé 363: UK 9
Enzo Bonafé 2102: UK 8.5
Enzo Bonafé 946: UK 8.5
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 979 Active Users (197 Members and 782 Guests)
- › What Leather Jacket is Juan Mata wearing? 51 seconds ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 13 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 14 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 18 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 20 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...