Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 462post #6916 of 2439412/19/14 at 12:45pmpost #6917 of 2439412/19/14 at 12:52pmpost #6918 of 2439412/19/14 at 12:53pmThread Starter
Can't get enough of the Isham. I have one pair on the MH71 in Vintage Oak on Dainite and it's so bloody great. Have two more Ishams on order (Vintage Chestnut and Kudu).Quote:
That's KN14. The Isham is usually made on the MH71, with a storm welt but it looks better without it IMO. Our version is without.post #6919 of 2439412/19/14 at 12:55pmpost #6920 of 2439412/19/14 at 12:55pmQuote:
Correction,the loafer is on the KN14 last, but i have come to really love the MH71 last. It is a finely crafted last, truly gorgeous in person, you just can't appreciate it's full awesomeness in pictures. As far as the Isham, even the GG06 would probably be good, and would be more comparable to the EG 202.
The Isham would probably be ideal on the MH71 last, but I think it would look good on any GG last except the TG73. GG has incredible flexibility, so you can pretty much chose your last when ordering your MTO. Which is why most models can be found on various (if not all) last options in online pics...post #6921 of 2439412/19/14 at 1:04pmThread Starterpost #6922 of 2439412/19/14 at 1:19pmpost #6923 of 2439412/19/14 at 1:29pmpost #6924 of 2439412/19/14 at 1:52pmThread Starterpost #6925 of 2439412/19/14 at 2:46pmpost #6926 of 2439412/19/14 at 3:16pmpost #6927 of 2439412/19/14 at 3:26pmHmm, I much prefer the Dover over the Mh71 Hove. I just like the country like feel on the Dover. Hove is more city which would be good if it was an oxford... Just love the round goodness of the 202 Dover.
Oddly though, I do prefer the Thorpe over the Nevis though. The Nevis stitching seems weird to me. The apron seems more squarelike and blocky and it reminds me of Carmina's split toe shape which I hate.post #6928 of 2439412/19/14 at 3:41pmpost #6929 of 2439412/19/14 at 8:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ironist
Hmm, I much prefer the Dover over the Mh71 Hove. I just like the country like feel on the Dover. Hove is more city which would be good if it was an oxford... Just love the round goodness of the 202 Dover.
Oddly though, I do prefer the Thorpe over the Nevis though. The Nevis stitching seems weird to me. The apron seems more squarelike and blocky and it reminds me of Carmina's split toe shape which I hate.
Mixed media Thorpe would be superb. Thinking chestnut pin grain with a smooth leather on the shaft and vamp. MH71.
Or maybe the Isham in chestnut pin grain?!
Those "shit kicker" Thorpes you posted were on the TG73? Looked pointier than MH71.
I love the side profile of the Isham, reminds me of the Vass OE II model. So clean.post #6930 of 2439412/20/14 at 8:10am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1766 Active Users (338 Members and 1428 Guests)
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 28 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 10 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 10 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...