Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 449post #6721 of 2430012/13/14 at 8:21ampost #6722 of 2430012/13/14 at 9:22ampost #6723 of 2430012/13/14 at 9:29ampost #6724 of 2430012/13/14 at 9:50ampost #6725 of 2430012/13/14 at 10:43ampost #6726 of 2430012/13/14 at 12:05pmpost #6727 of 2430012/14/14 at 12:35amThread Starterpost #6728 of 2430012/14/14 at 12:36amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel
My understanding is that EG and GG will close for the holidays for about two weeks this month.
Does that mean you have probably already received your last shipment from them until the new year?
We're probably looking at 1-2 drops before they close up. But they are closing up shop for about two weeks.post #6729 of 2430012/14/14 at 9:00ampost #6730 of 2430012/14/14 at 12:37pmThread StarterAs some of you might be aware of, I recently visited the Edward Green factory. I promised you guys I'd look for some special materials. I searched hardand found a few exciting materials apart from the standard Edward Green offering.
1. The most promising material I found was a pin grain called "Brandy Pin Grain". This has a warm, brown color.
We decided to stock the style Plymouth in this grain, it will arrive in late March. It will be winner if you ask me, as pin grain looks awesome on Oxfords. Please email email@example.com if you are interested to place a pre-order or be on the waiting list. Here's a picture from @Looking to improve for inspiration, although the below is made up in Rosewood Country Calf that has far large grains printed.
We'll also take single MTOs for the Brandy Pin Grain of course. After our line of Plymouth is made, there's enough for about 6-8 pairs in Brandy Pin Grain. There's also dark brown pin grain and black pin grain enough for something like 18 pairs in each color.
2. We're experimenting with a new calf color that we call "pomegranate". This is on the experimental stage at the moment, I'll get back to you on this after we have made up a prototype in this new color. If the experiment goes well, we'll launch it as a store exclusive color.
3. Also found Cordovan made in England in the leather storage room. The tannery is called Clayton and we're making a prototype in it before we stock a style, just to see how it turns out. It comes in several colors although EG only stocks Burgundy at the moment.
Over and out for this time. I might have wished for more, but next fall I'm going to the leather fair "Lineapelle" in Milan to scout for even more exciting stuff for you guys!post #6731 of 2430012/14/14 at 12:47pmpost #6732 of 2430012/14/14 at 12:52pmpost #6733 of 2430012/14/14 at 12:55pmQuote:
If it turns out well, I hope the stock model is the Alderley you proposed before! Shell EG Boot would kick ass!
http://www.styleforum.net/t/291745/edward-green-appreciation-pictures-info-and-where-to-buy/7300_100#post_6985029post #6734 of 2430012/14/14 at 1:07pmThread StarterQuote:
It will be on the 82 last, E-width, single leather sole. Will be stocked in UK 5.5 - UK 12.post #6735 of 2430012/14/14 at 1:49pm
I am impressed with @Leaves and his crew's ability to deliver. Heather Gorse, Willow Grain, now Pin Grain, Pomegranate, and English shell. It's like Edward Green Christmas every quarter with these fellows.
That Plymouth makeup will be sweet indeed. Thanks for all of the awesome work and photos. You never disappoint. Cheers.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Yanko Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 17 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...