Do we have trees available for the Bonafe 946 last ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 428post #6406 of 2440012/5/14 at 6:22ampost #6407 of 2440012/5/14 at 6:28ampost #6408 of 2440012/5/14 at 6:32ampost #6409 of 2440012/5/14 at 7:32am
@Leaves: The Monkey boots look fantastic! The website describes the boot as a rugged boot for rough weather conditions. I see how that'd be true with Commando Soles, but is there anything unique about the Melezze calf leather that makes it more resilient in inclement weather? I tend to go with grained leathers and have heard the merits of cordovan, but calf seems to be less ideal in snow/rain/sludge/etc.post #6410 of 2440012/5/14 at 7:43ampost #6411 of 2440012/5/14 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by LoKey
: The Monkey boots look fantastic! The website describes the boot as a rugged boot for rough weather conditions. I see how that'd be true with Commando Soles, but is there anything unique about the Melezze calf leather that makes it more resilient in inclement weather? I tend to go with grained leathers and have heard the merits of cordovan, but calf seems to be less ideal in snow/rain/sludge/etc.
This is a common Style Forum misconception. Cordovan is no better or worse in inclement weather than calf. Cordovan is just over-hyped.post #6412 of 2440012/5/14 at 7:50am
Fair enough. I'm not speaking from personal experience regarding cordovan, but have had less than desirable outcomes with calf leather. I'm pretty meticulous about brushing/wiping/cleaning after trekking through Boston's sidewalks, but calf still doesn't stand up well. My suedes have done much better in comparison. In any case, I'm just curious to hear about the Monkey boot.post #6413 of 2440012/5/14 at 7:59ampost #6414 of 2440012/5/14 at 8:12amQuote:
I'm one of the few people on SF that prefers calf over cordovan I imagine.
I don't enjoy the way it rolls, the density of the cordovan leaves my feet sweating in this Florida climate, and every scratch is heartbreaking to witness. I tried it enough times, i wanted to drink the Koolaid, but it is not a leather for a person living in hot weather IMO.
I do think the density of the leather will protect the foot from rain/snow better, but it's strictly conjecture on my part. I can see why people who live in colder climates like cordovan though, as it would seem more practical in those situations.
Regarding suede, that is what i need to get more of it. Evidently it is the least dense leather option, so it would be more ideal for hotter climates. Ironic, since suede is usually regarded as a winter staple...post #6415 of 2440012/5/14 at 8:16ampost #6416 of 2440012/5/14 at 8:54ampost #6417 of 2440012/5/14 at 9:04ampost #6418 of 2440012/5/14 at 9:11amQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
^ youre too humble man. if i read into your comments, you pretty much came up with the uwing design and pushed for carmina to stock the burgundy calf and then GF came along and ripped the concept away. dude is a hustler, cant fault him for that. as they say gots to get paid. gettin' paper, doin' work, hustle, yeeeQuote:Originally Posted by budapest12
The unwing boot is spectacular and Skoak deserves tremendous credit. Without diminishing that in any way, when customers come to GF and ask Steve to have Carmina reproduce a great design through him, what should he say? "No, please take your money elsewhere?" Just saying...
Plus, I must add that Steve is always careful not to step on the toes of other retailers by producing [exclusive] make-ups that others already sell. I've seen him decline designs because Skoak already sells it, or something similar enough. As Buda points out, it wasn't Steve's idea to produce that makeup, it was crowd sourced.
I observe a mutual respect between GF and Skoak (not that anyone is suggesting otherwise), which is great.
I also like to give credit where credit is due, so hat's off to Leaves for his part in originating that design.
That's a big part of why I like Carmina as a brand. Great shoes and value, but also wonderful stockist who deliver top-notch service and are willing to work with customers on creating new designs.post #6419 of 2440012/5/14 at 10:30am
Would anyone be down for a Bonafe version of this?
etrusco/burgundy calf or Burgundy grain PTB, Natural edge, white stitching on welt, Metal Eyelets, split commando sole
(though i don't know if they have split commando sole like alden/carmina)
Edited by venividivicibj - 12/5/14 at 11:05ampost #6420 of 2440012/5/14 at 10:35am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 47 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...