Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 409post #6122 of 2433711/27/14 at 7:50pmpost #6123 of 2433711/27/14 at 9:09pmpost #6124 of 2433711/28/14 at 5:54ampost #6125 of 2433711/28/14 at 5:55ampost #6126 of 2433711/28/14 at 6:23ampost #6127 of 2433711/28/14 at 6:47amThread Starterpost #6128 of 2433711/28/14 at 7:11amQuote:Originally Posted by member2000r
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
EG 888 top drawer snaps
Thinking of doing a wholecut on 890, is EG having something like black misty?
Besides possibly better leather and the sole treatment was is there anything else that would make this top drawer?post #6129 of 2433711/28/14 at 7:28ampost #6130 of 2433711/28/14 at 7:30ampost #6131 of 2433711/28/14 at 7:54ampost #6132 of 2433711/28/14 at 7:55ampost #6133 of 2433711/28/14 at 7:58ampost #6134 of 2433711/28/14 at 10:29ampost #6135 of 2433711/28/14 at 11:15am
After some mails with people from SKoAB I can say the following:
On the classic balmoral boot Carmina is only willing to drop the cap, but will not want to put a medallion, since this corresponds to some other "style".
I don't think a plain too without medallion will look good. So the idea would be to stay with the cap toe.
The upper part of the shoe can also not be lower on their new model and also here no medallion.
Until now only for members (including myself) are taking part at the project. So if no one else wants to join, this ends here.
Any remarks/other propositions (no suede) are welcome.Quote:Originally Posted by Dieg0
I would like to propose the following GMTO for a CARMINA Balmoral Boot in the same style as below, but with BURGUNDY CALF and Midnight Blue CALF.
(So NO suede).
There are two models: the new
and the old
Sole: rubber (single dainite seems to be the consensus)
Model: to be decided
Option 1: classical but without the cap-toe and with medallion. See first lines of the post
Option 2: New style with the upper part of the shaft coming lower as in G&G lookalike style See first lines of this post
Leather: upper part in Burgundy (calf) and lower in Blue (calf) or the other way around?
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 16 minutes ago
- › The Bespoke Shoes Thread 17 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 24 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 25 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 29 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 30 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...