or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 380

post #5686 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post
 

Probably only interested in 3202 as I have too many captoes as it is. I think the austerity brogue you references shows that it can work nicely, but I definitely understand your concerns. Keep me posted. I'm not a definite at this point, but definitely interested.

To many captoes? I'm not sure I follow :lol:

I'll keep you posted. Lets just wait some and see if there's more interested parties. Thanks.

post #5687 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Respect to @stmaier who was the guy who made up the original Frankenstitch boot on Burgundy Cordovan. I had seen the style before, but never in Cordovan, and his MTO inspired us to do the style as a GMTO and then as a RTW style.

Yes indeed - props to the man!
post #5688 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Respect to @stmaier who was the guy who made up the original Frankenstitch boot on Burgundy Cordovan. I had seen the style before, but never in Cordovan, and his MTO inspired us to do the style as a GMTO and then as a RTW style.

Thanks Patrik. I am glad that this style has been so popular...perhaps I can come be your boot designer if I ever change careers...
post #5689 of 23850
^ thanks stmaier!!! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I'm more than happy to have the "other" us12 frankenstitch boot

Btw, anyone noticed a difference in the thickness of laces used on this boot? Much thicker than previous makeups. Love it!
post #5690 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ thanks stmaier!!! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I'm more than happy to have the "other" us12 frankenstitch boot

Btw, anyone noticed a difference in the thickness of laces used on this boot? Much thicker than previous makeups. Love it!

We'll have to meet up one of these days to compare...
post #5691 of 23850

I'm selling my Frankenstitch pair, size 8 UK, if anyone is interested. Worn for 15 hours.


Edited by Adelscott - 11/16/14 at 7:27am
post #5692 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelscott View Post
 

I'm selling my Frankenstitch pair, size 8, if anyone is interested. Worn for 15 hours.

Luckily, for me, they aren't 1/2 size smaller....

post #5693 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ thanks stmaier!!! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I'm more than happy to have the "other" us12 frankenstitch boot

Btw, anyone noticed a difference in the thickness of laces used on this boot? Much thicker than previous makeups. Love it!

 

Dunno about previous makeups but comparing to my other pair of Carmina shells the laces feel much more rigid and less floppy. Similar to what Viberg uses for their 10 eyelet boots - I think they wax it? Pretty damn awesome feeling tho.

post #5694 of 23850
I'm thinking of doing an MTO Kudu Arran on GG06 last. Thoughts? Any recommendations on sole? I was thinking single danite or maybe go for more country with a stormwelt and double ridgeway or danite.
post #5695 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

I'm thinking of doing an MTO Kudu Arran on GG06 last. Thoughts? Any recommendations on sole? I was thinking single danite or maybe go for more country with a stormwelt and double ridgeway or danite.

I went with the HAF soles and storm welt. If I had to do it again I would probably skip the storm welt.
post #5696 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Some Bonafé swatches for you guys, for inspiration.


@Leaves

Assuming that these are not spelling mistakes or mislabeling, what is the difference between Calf Lining and Goat lining? In picture above we see seven goat lining and five calf linings.

For example, apart from color, what is the difference between Brown Calf Lining and Red Goat Lining
post #5697 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

I'm thinking of doing an MTO Kudu Arran on GG06 last. Thoughts? Any recommendations on sole? I was thinking single danite or maybe go for more country with a stormwelt and double ridgeway or danite.


I think the Ridgeway would be a bit much, and I probably wouldn't go with the double Dainite either. I think the Arran overall tends to be a less rugged and more refined look to begin with, so I would probably skip the storm welt as well. I would personally go with the Dainite sole though.

post #5698 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

I went with the HAF soles and storm welt. If I had to do it again I would probably skip the storm welt.

Ah nice, you placed an order for Kudu Arrans or were these different Arrans?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


I think the Ridgeway would be a bit much, and I probably wouldn't go with the double Dainite either. I think the Arran overall tends to be a less rugged and more refined look to begin with, so I would probably skip the storm welt as well. I would personally go with the Dainite sole though.

Yeah, the Arran is pretty city overall but I felt like Kudu wouldn't really fit with a city look so I was debating this model. Thanks.
post #5699 of 23850

They've cleared Customs and they are on their way home.  Yes!!!!!

post #5700 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

They've cleared Customs and they are on their way home.  Yes!!!!!

Nice, mine just cleared customs today too and should be here next week... Unfortunately I will not be home to pick them up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
  • Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread