Will you restock the Carmina calf/grain balmoral boot anytime soon?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 308post #4606 of 243009/29/14 at 3:50pmpost #4607 of 243009/29/14 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
Best way is to have a clear picture of what you want to do and have most of the specs already figured out. These GMTOs seem to me to get best traction. Also, pictures help, like to one of that exact boot posted earlier. Then cross post in this thread and the Carmina thread, maybe the B/S thread and gather people who are interested. When you guys have six confirmed we'll start the actual "official" GMTO by sending out e-mails etc.
Thanks for the info!
How many would be into this? This would be my first Carmina boot, so I'm not too familiar with lasts. Something forgiving, preferably. Forest? Punch cap, either leather or Dainite sole, black calf upper and black suede shaft. I'm open to eyelets and speed hooks, leaning toward having speed hooks, for convenience sake. Pretty much this exact boot:
Edited by LeviMay - 9/29/14 at 4:35pmpost #4608 of 243009/29/14 at 4:30pmHey guys, do you have a new Bonafe last? According to website description the balmoral boot is on something called 74945 chiseled rounded last??
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/frontpage/products/enzo-bonafe-balmoral-bootpost #4609 of 243009/29/14 at 4:35pmpost #4610 of 243009/29/14 at 4:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
saw this carmina shoe described as "semi-brogue" online:
what constitutes a full brogue vs semi-brogue? does a medallion factor into the discussion at all or is it about the punching? and where its located (heal counter, vamp, lacing throat, etc)
What I've most commonly heard is:
Full brogue referring to a wingtip with medallion/general punching.
Half brogue referring to a cap toe with medallion.
Quarter brogue referring to a punched cap toe without a medallion.
But I've also heard a lot of dispute over the differences in what defines a "half" or "quarter" brogue, and the arguments on either side are usually rather pedantic.Quote:
This was just restocked about a month ago, so it's going to take a while for it to crop up again.post #4611 of 243009/29/14 at 4:37pmpost #4612 of 243009/29/14 at 6:31pmpost #4613 of 243009/29/14 at 6:35pmpost #4614 of 243009/29/14 at 6:40pmpost #4615 of 243009/29/14 at 6:49pmpost #4616 of 243009/29/14 at 6:52pmpost #4617 of 243009/29/14 at 6:59pmpost #4618 of 243009/29/14 at 6:59pmpost #4619 of 243009/29/14 at 7:16pmpost #4620 of 243009/29/14 at 7:30pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 5 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Yanko Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 17 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...