Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 211post #3152 of 242996/30/14 at 7:16pmpost #3153 of 242996/30/14 at 7:17pmpost #3154 of 242996/30/14 at 7:29pmpost #3155 of 242996/30/14 at 7:33pmpost #3156 of 242996/30/14 at 7:36pmpost #3157 of 242996/30/14 at 7:37pm
Dover, or better yet, Ecton - 606 last, something dark brown, probably dark oak, which I recognize is stock on the Dover. But I like the idea of an Ecton in smooth calf and dark, a little more conservative without the counter, and therefore more formal looking and less sporty than a Dover.
Falkirk - mid or dark brown shade, perhaps country calf. Definitely with extra brogueing throughout, so it looks traditional and sporty.
Some iteration of pig bristle hand-sewn loafers. I would also consider trading a new pair of perfect burnt pine Piccadilly loafers to nab these in case anyone is interested.
Those are the things that I am holding out for and/or mulling that will make it onto my order queue.
I am waiting to see the Heather Gorse Galways to assess the need for more country calf styles.
I do not care much for monks as part of my wardrobe, but their aesthetic is pleasing. Chukkas don't get nearly enough love here, but it is such a casual style I think many shy away for that reason.post #3158 of 242996/30/14 at 7:48pmpost #3159 of 242996/30/14 at 7:49pmpost #3160 of 242996/30/14 at 8:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
X-post from the EG thread:
Ok people, it's happening. A new EG Dover GMTO is taking off. The specs:
- Edward Green Dover
- Mahogany Country Calf
- 202 last
- Dainite Sole with flat welt
- Width: E (for other widths please e-mail us)
- Price ex VAT, outside the EU: 6640 SEK. EG trees 760 SEK. Shipping 300 SEK (total 7700 SEK ex VAT). For EU clients, add +25% SWE VAT.
- Deposit: 25% deposit, 75% payment before delivery.
Please e-mail email@example.com to participate. A payment link will be put up on our site within a few days.
Members who have expressed interest:
Dover (just in case you forgot how it looks )
Great make-up guys.
Thanks for kicking the whole thing off @tifosi.post #3161 of 242997/1/14 at 1:31amThread StarterQuote:Quote:Quote:
Chukkas you say? Incoming:
post #3162 of 242997/1/14 at 1:36ampost #3163 of 242997/1/14 at 3:14amQuote:
- Bonafé Chukka in Brown Baby Lama Calf (looks very similar to shrunken calf) September
- Carmina model 708 Chukka in Burgundy Cordovan, Detroit last TBA
The general recommendation is to take the same size in the 946 last as in the Oscar last.Quote:
They are on the 946 chiseled last.post #3164 of 242997/1/14 at 4:14ampost #3165 of 242997/1/14 at 4:15am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1005 Active Users (97 Members and 908 Guests)
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 15 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 28 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 29 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 40 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 44 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 45 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 48 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 49 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...